DHR-ICMR fellowship programme
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi, the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest medical research bodies in the world. The ICMR has always attempted to address itself to the growing demands of scientific advances in biomedical research on the one hand, and to the need of finding practical solutions to the health problems of the country, on the other. The ICMR has come a long way from the days when it was known as the IRFA, but the Council is conscious of the fact that it still has miles to go in pursuit of scientific achievements as well as health targets.
Call for Applications for Dhr-Icmr Fellowships and Other Schemes of Human Resource Development For Health Research in The Emerging Fields Of Medical/Clinical/Health Sciences
DHR-ICMR fellowship programme aims to provide advanced training in India to medical and health research personnel in cutting edge research areas related to medicine and health to create trained human resource for carrying out advanced research activities.
The following DHR-ICMR schemes provide support to young scientists and women scientists (Medical and Non-medical research personnel):
1. Long Term Fellowships for 6-12 months for regular faculty of Medical Colleges/Universities/Research Institutes for training in Indian Institutes (Age: upto 45 years)
2. Short Term Fellowships for 1-3 months for regular faculty of Medical Colleges/Universities/Research Institutes for training in Indian Institutes (Age: upto 55 years)
3. Programme specifically for Women who have had a break in their career;
4. Scholarships/fellowship to young scientists (medical/non-medical) in newer areas.
5. Programme to encourage health research personnel [Non-resident Indian (NRI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)] serving abroad, to come back to India for undertaking research in identified areas.
6. Support to Indian Institutes for imparting training in identified areas to the Faculty of Medical Colleges/Research Institutes.
Applications can be submitted through the online portal : dhrschemes.in after registration through the portal.
A hard copy of the PDF Application generated through the online system may be sent, addressed to Deputy Secretary, FIRD Scheme, Department of Health Research IRCS building, 2nd Floor, Red Cross Road, New Delhi-110001 (Ph-011 -23736085)
Last date of Application: 31st of July 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database