The foundation of The Mumbai Veterinary College, Mumbai, in 1886 marked the establishment of the veterinary profession in this country. The Mumbai Veterinary College was inaugurated by Prof. J. H. Steel, B.Sc. F.R.C.V.S., a person with experience and dynamism as its first principal. Principal J. H. Steel can be considered as the father of modern Veterinary education in India. He also can be called the father of modern Veterinary Journalism. The Mumbai Veterinary College was initially housed in the vast compound of Bai Sakarbai Dinshaw Petit Hospital for Animals, Parel, Mumbai which was established in 1883 by Sir D. M. Petit Baronet. Prof. J. H. Steel was assisted by three Indian Medical Officers and an European Farrier to conduct the teaching.
Post : Junior Research Fellow (01 Post)
The eligible candidates are invited for walk-in interview for the appointment of Junior Research Fellow (01 post) under the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) funded project titled “Intramacrophage Targeted Nanoparticulate Drug Delivery System for Brucellosis” implemented in the Department of Veterinary Microbiology at Mumbai Veterinary College (MVC), Mumbai- 400012, under supervision of Dr. Rajashree Gandge -Patil (Principal Investigator). The post is purely on a contractual and temporary basis that exists until the termination of the project and is subject to financial support from the funding agency.
Emoluments : Rs. 31,000/- PM + 27% HRA
Eligibility : Essential Qualification: M.Sc. in Microbiology / Biotechnology / with NET/ GATE OR B.V.Sc. & AH. with NET / GATE / equivalent qualification OR M.V.Sc. in Veterinary Microbiology/ Animal Biotechnology/ Veterinary Pharmacology OR M.Pharm / M.Tech. in Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical Biotechnology with 4 years Bachelors degree.
Desirable : Experience in the field of cell culture/ animal studies / efficacy testing of antibiotics/ nanoparticulate drugs/ handling zoonotic pathogens will be desirable. Work profile: To carry out the research as per the project's objectives, Maintenance of accounts and records, Purchase, Report preparation etc.
Terms and Conditions :
1. The appointment of the post in the scheme is purely temporary, time-bound, non-regular and co- terminus with the project. The appointment will be initially for 12 months and will be extended further till project exists based on the candidate's performance.
2. The candidates must submit the duly signed application as per the Annexure attached, along with the bio-data and self-attested photocopies of all the required documents.
3. The candidates must carry testimonials, age proof, proof of their qualifications from matriculation onwards, an experience certificate in original (if any), No Objection Certificate (NOC) from an employee in case of employed candidates, and a passport size photograph.
4. The candidates need to show all the original documents to the scrutiny committee for verification before the interview.
5. The candidates having minimum 33 marks (out of 80) in past performance will only be eligible to appear for an interview.
6. No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates appearing for the interview.
7. The candidates will have no claim for his/her continuation of service as well as for appointment on the regular establishment in the service/s of MVC/MAFSU/ICMR.
8. Selected Candidates can discontinue/ leave the job by justifying valid reasons and giving at least one-month prior notice to office or he/she has to deposit one month’s salary in the office.
9. The selection committee reserves the right to reject one or more applications at their discretion.
10. Concealing of Facts or canvassing in any form shall lead to disqualification of the candidature or termination even after the appointment.
11. The post is full-time and required to adhere to the disciplinary regulation of the ICMR/MAFSU/MVC; hence, regular attendance of the project staff will be maintained by keeping an attendance register/biometric record.
12. The Upper Age Limit will be as per ICMR/Government of Maharashtra/ India rules. Non-maintenance of the discipline and failure to perform the assigned duties will make the candidate liable for termination during the appointment period as per ICMR rules.
13. The ICMR has all intellectual property /proprietary rights on the output of the research work carried out by Project staff during the project period.
14. The terms and conditions may change if the Council modify, add, delete and/or amend/change the guidelines/rules of recruitment with the approval of the Governing Body.
15. Salary will be paid as per the ICMR norms and income tax will be deducted at source as per rules.
16. The consolidated pay/ emoluments given in this advertisement may be changed in future as per new amendments or revision made by University/funding agency
17. The consolidated pay/ emoluments given in this advertisement may be changed in future as per new amendments or revision made by University/funding agency.
18. The candidate should follow all the guidelines related to preventing Covid-19 issued by Govt, of Maharashtra/Govt, of India while appearing for the interview at the venue.
Date & Time of walk-in Interview : 19/05/2022, At 10:00 AM
Venue/ Address for interview : Conference Hall, Adjacent to Associate Dean’s Office, Mumbai Veterinary College, Parel Village, Parel (East), Mumbai -400 012
See All Other Jobs in our Database