CSIR-CCMB is a premier constituent research Institute of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), conducting research in frontier areas of modern biology. The objectives of the Centre are to conduct high-quality basic research and training in the areas of modern biology and promote centralized national facilities for new and modern techniques in the inter-disciplinary areas of biology.
August 2022 Ph.D. Program
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, invites applications from candidates who are Indian citizens, to pursue research in modern biology leading to a Ph.D. Degree. The projects offered for Ph.D. would be in the broad areas of Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Developmental Biology, Plant Molecular Biology, Conservation Biology, Ecology, Protein Structure and Function, Biology of Macromolecules, Biology of Infection, Epigenetics, Chromatin Biology and Bioinformatics.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR APPLYING
• Candidates with a Master’s degree in any branch of science or a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Pharmacy/Medicine.
1. Online applications will be screened and the eligible candidates will be informed about a computer-based test or a remote proctored online test to be held on 5th June 2022.
2. Shortlisted candidates will also receive call letters via email once the dates for written test/ interviews are decided.
A valid fellowship is an ABSOLUTE requirement for pursuing Ph.D. at CCMB, and the eligible fellowships are :
• Any National level fellowship (JRF/SRF of CSIR, UGC, DBT, ICMR, etc.), DST-INSPIRE or any other equivalent fellowship for pursuing Ph.D.
• Candidates with a BE/B.Tech degree in Biotechnology or in any engineering discipline must have a GATE score of at least 85.0 percentile.
• B.Pharm degree candidates must have a GPAT score of at least 85.0 percentile.
3. Candidates qualifying in the test and having a valid FELLOWSHIP (by 10th June 2022) for pursuing Ph.D. will be shortlisted to appear for online/in-person interview at CCMB in the 2nd/3rd week of June 2022.
• The fellowship MUST be valid till the time of joining (August 2022).
• Candidates with lecturer-ship only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination or the M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm candidates with GATE/GPAT will not be shortlisted for interview.
• Candidates will have to make their OWN arrangements for travel, stay, etc. at the examination centre and/or in Hyderabad for interviews. Travelling allowance is not payable by CCMB.
• Candidates qualifying both preliminary and the final interview will be selected for pursuing a Ph.D. at CCMB. Mere fulfillment of the minimum requirements stipulated in the notification would not automatically entitle a person for selection. The decision of CCMB in this regard shall be final. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.
Candidates who satisfy the above criteria may submit their applications online by 23rd May, 2022 through this LINK.
See All Other Jobs in our Database