The Atal Incubation Center (AIC) - NIPER Guwahati Foundation has been set up in the NIPER Guwahati campus at Changsari, North Guwahati, Kamrup as a section 8 not-for-profit company. The foundation will operate a technology business incubator in the NIPER Guwahati campus, with the support from the Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog, Govt. of India. In addition to providing the scientific infrastructure and expertise for the innovators, the foundation will also provide comprehensive support to the incubatees in all aspects of innovation management and also for the creation of successful startups. The activities of the foundation will be mainly concentrated in eastern & north-eastern India, and strive to develop the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the region via various activities, programs, collaborations etc
Post : Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – 1 Post
Remuneration : Rs. 1,00,000/- to 1,25,000/- per month (based on the qualification, experience and performance in the interview).
Age Limit : 40 - 55 Years*
* - Age limits are further relaxable for reserved categories as per GoI norms. Age relaxation may be given to exceptionally deserving candidates
Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits :
Essential : The candidate should have experience as an entrepreneur or in the startup ecosystem and have an understanding of starting companies, early-stage investments, raising funds, technology, and incubation. She/he should be a dynamic change-maker dedicated to the AIC, who has the enthusiasm and energy required to do the leg work that this position requires. The candidate must be visionary to make the AIC self- sustainable.
1. Educational: Graduation in Science / Technology with post-graduation in science/ technology/ business management.
2. Experience: a) A minimum of 15 years of overall experience in at least 3 sectors including Industry, Technology Business Incubators, Start-up, Venture Capital Firms in Technology sectors, Innovation management, or Academic / Research Organisation.
b) The candidate must understand the pain points of entrepreneurship, academic R&D sector and technology business incubation, Intellectual property, commercial dynamics and corporate laws, working of government systems, knowledge of General Financial Rules (GFRs), innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem, and innovation funding.
c) Candidate must have experience of working in leadership responsibilities in Industries/ Academics/ Incubations and must understand board proceedings of corporate governance. The candidate must have experience in multiple technological domains. *Duration of Ph.D., if not specifically in any of the topics of Business Incubators, Start-up, Innovation Management, shall not be counted for determining the duration of the experience.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION :
1. Preference will be given to the candidate having experience in more sectors in addition to at least 3 sectors mentioned in point 2 (a) above.
2. Candidate is expected to know about the working environment and challenges of entrepreneurship in Northeastern and eastern India.
In addition to the above qualifications, the profile of the candidates shall also be evaluated based on their potential to carry out the respective roles and responsibilities for the position, as defined in Annexure I of this advertisement.
Job Description : (Head/CEO)
The CEO must have the necessary experience and skills to fit into the role and undertake the responsibilities as defined below -
1. The CEO shall lead all activities of the foundation. The CEO shall report to the Board of Directors of the foundation, ensure statutory compliance of the company, and also coordinate with external stakeholders including Atal Innovation Mission. CEO along with the team would work to execute the vision and goals of creating and operating a world-class incubator.
2. Independently leading a multidisciplinary team of diverse professionals for achieving the objectives of the foundation, within the budgets allocated for the different heads.
3. Managing the resources, allocating work and exercising overall administrative and control over the activities of his / her subordinates.
4. Engaging with professional service providers to ensure financial and legal compliance of the organization.
5. Forming necessary advisory teams with experts and managing the stakeholder relationships including with the host institute and the funding agencies.
6. Most importantly, designing a robust revenue model for making the foundation self-sustainable in a period of 5 years.
7. Developing and implementing policies and procedures for the operation of the AIC.
8. Managing the facility creation and further managing the operations, following GFR as applicable.
9. Developing a robust innovation pipeline.
10. Providing necessary support, encouragement, and guidance to prospective applicants to apply for incubation with business proposals and arrange for the screening of the applicants.
11. Arranging Innovation Management mentorship for the innovators associated with the foundation.
12. Developing and executing necessary mechanisms to help the incubatees in raising funds, getting regulatory clearances, market access, and conducting their commercial transactions.
13. Forging national and international partnerships with academia, industry, other existing incubators, angel/seed funding investor, and mentors, and leveraging their support for the start-ups.
14. Strategically designing and managing different types of events and programs that an AIC is expected to conduct.
15. Proactively work with different government agencies and other organizations to raise additional funds and resources for the foundation, and also for the development of an overall entrepreneurial ecosystem of the region.
16. Developing the foundation as a prominent player in the innovation-entrepreneurial ecosystem of India.
SELECTION PROCESS & TERMS
1. As per the policy of Atal Innovation Mission, no in-house faculty members/ retired faculty members/ blood relatives or related individuals by the law of any director(s) or management officials of the applicant institution/ officials/ external consultant without requisite domain expertise/ any other individual related to the application can take up a key role (including but not limited to CEO/ Incubation Manager or equivalent) whether part-time or full-time at the AIC.
2. This is NOT an appointment in NIPER Guwahati or under any government organization. AIC - NIPER Guwahati Foundation is a self-financed organization and appointment is purely on a Tenure CONTRACT basis co-terminus with the project. The engagement will be terminable from either side, with three months notice or salary in lieu of.
Applications will be scrutinized, and short-listing will be carried out based on the relevant work experience and knowledge of the relevant domains. Shortlisted candidates shall then be invited for an interview by a Selection Committee. The decision of the Selection Committee shall be the final in all matters related to this selection and final recruitment
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may apply by emailing the following documents in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 12, 2022:
1. Latest CV.
2. Vision Statement in candidate’s own words (in about 1000 words) on “Your strategic vision for the success of AIC - NIPER Guwahati Foundation”
See All Other Jobs in our Database