National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI), Mohali invites applications from the motivated students for admission to the PhD degree program in Biotechnology starting July 2022 session. NABI is a recognized centre of Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB), Faridabad to conduct PhD (Biotechnology).
PhD (Biotechnology) Program Admission 2022
Duration of PhD course : The duration is for 5 years and a maximum of 7 years.
Area of PhD research work : Agricultural biotechnology, Food Biotechnology, and Nutrition Biotechnology
Number of Seats : 06 (Reservation of seats: as per GOI guidelines)
Eligibility Criteria :
i) Minimum qualification: MSc/MTech in any area of life sciences/MPharma/ MVSc/ MBBS or an equivalent degree.
ii) Qualifying marks: 55% total marks or equivalent score in the qualifying degree (5% relaxation will be given to SC/ST/OBC/PD as per GOI norms)
iii) In addition to above, the candidate for admission shall qualify a national level test for pursuing Doctor of Philosophy programme and such test include a doctoral fellowship or admission eligibility test conducted at the national level by the University Grants Commission (UGC), or Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), or Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR), or Department of Science and Technology (DST), or Department of Biotechnology (DBT), or any other Government recognized agency. Candidates who have appeared, or will be appearing, in the qualifying degree examination (final year/final semester) and whose result is still awaited may also apply. However, the admission is pursuant to satisfactory fulfillment of the aforementioned criteria/ requirements at the time of joining.
Fellowship : The students admitted to the program will have to avail the fellowship offered to them from the different granting agencies as per their rules.
Eligible candidates may send their completely filled application form along with synopsis sheet in excel format (Application form and Synopsis Sheet are available in NABI Website) by email (Single adobe pdf file) to email@example.com along with application fee of Rs. 500/- plus GST @ 18% i.e. Rs 590/-.
You are requested to deposit above mentioned application fees through Bank Transfer (Bank detail of the Institute mentioned below).
Name of Beneficiary Account : National Agri-food Biotechnology Institute
Beneficiary Account : No. 00000031791059995
Bank Name : State Bank of India
Address of the bank : SCO 35, Phase I, Mohali
Branch Code : 1828
SWIFT Code : SBININBB141
IFSC Code : SBIN0001828
You are requested to take the print out of transaction ID/UTR No./acknowledgement regarding transfer of payment. You must attach the above proof/ acknowledgement along with application form and sendthrough email on above mentioned email id.
Last date of application submission : May 31, 2022
The application form received after the last date will not be considered. Tentative date of interview : June 22 (Wednesday), 2022
The interview will be conducted for short-listed candidates on June 22, 2022.
The purpose of interview is to assess the student for his/her science aptitude and interest in a career in scientific research and development.
Kindly note the following important points :- (Application and Selection process)
1. Kindly do not send the hard copy of the application form.
2. Incomplete application form and applications that are not in proper format may be summarily rejected.
3. The applications should be submitted strictly as per prescribed format that can be downloaded from the NABI website.
4. Kindly send complete filled application form (Single adobe pdf file) through email only.
5. Kindly attach only below mentioned documents with the application form
(i) Matriculation Certificate (10th) stating date of birth
(ii) Graduation degree certificate/ (marksheet final year/semester)
(iii) Post Graduation degree certificate/ (marksheet final year/semester)
(iv) Certificate of NET Exam having own fellowship.
(v) Kindly ensure that application form, proof of fees submission, and above mentioned documents are sent through email as single pdf file. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(vi) Candidates are also required to send filled synopsis sheet in excel format as available on website to email id mentioned above. (email@example.com)
(vii) Kindly do not send any other documents apart from above mentioned.
6. No application form will be accepted after due date i.e. 31st May, 2022
7. Eligible candidates will be informed via email for interview schedule.
8. Candidates should ensure that information mentioned in application form is accurate. Once the application form is submitted no further request regarding any changes/ information in the application form will be considered.
9. Any changes in last date for submission of application forms, procedure for selection, important points etc shall be available only in NABI website. Interested candidates may kindly see the NABI website before applying for the same.
See All Other Jobs in our Database