The CSIR-Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology, Palampur is one of the National Institutes under the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research which is an autonomous body working under the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India. It is spread over 226.1 acres of land with the backdrop of snow-covered peaks of Dhauladhar Range in salubrious climate. The Institute is engaged in research and technology development programmes with a mission to discover, develop and commercialize processes and products from Himalayan Bioresources using cutting edge science and technology.
Post : Project Scientist-I
CSIR-lnstitute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology, Palampur invites online applications from the eligible and interested candidates for the following position on purely temporary basis and co¬terminus with the duration of the project as detailed below.
Post Code : 1001
Projects Title & Number : "The Himalayan Center for High-throughput Computational Biology (HiCHiCoB)-BIC” (GAP-0282)
Maximum Age : 35 years as on 30.01.2023
Stipend (Per Month) [Consolidated] : Rs. 56.000/-P.M. + HRA
Educational Qualification(s) Essential / Desirable :
Ph.D. in. any area of Life Science with Bioinformatics as major subject from a recognized university/institute.
M.Tech. in Bioinformatics / Computational Biology / Computer Science from a recognized university or equivalent.
Ph.D. in statistics from a recognized university / institute.
Desirable Qualification :
Diploma in Bioinformatics / M.Sc. in Bioinformatics or related subject for candidates with Ph D in any area of Life Sciences.
Tenure of the project upto : 29-09-2026
The online applications should reach through prescribed e-mail ID shown against the position on or before 30.01.2023. All the applications will be scrutinized by the duly constituted Screening Committees and all the recommended candidates will be interviewed over Video Conferencing/MS Team. The date of online interview will be informed separately. The number of positions as advertised may vary depending upto the suitability of candidates and access needs of the candidates in the project.
1) All interested candidates shall have to fill up application form (only as per the format annexed) and send in a single pdf file only through prescribed e-mail ID shown against the position. Please do not attach any documents with application form.
2) The tenure of Project Staff shall be coterminus with the project. The total tenure of project Staffs in CSIR should not exceed 5 years in any case. The total tenure of 5 years shall be calculated as per periods spent on one Project and/ or different Projects taken together in CSIR-IHBT, Palampur and/ or any other Lab./ Institute of CSIR as Project Staff.
3) The performance of the Project Staff would be reviewed after every six-months period and any one not found up to the mark, may be terminated.
4) In case of selection, the information provided by the candidate in his/her proforma attached shall be verified from the original documents. In case any information provided found false or wrong the offer of engagement shall straightway liable to be cancelled.
5) Incomplete applications, late received applications, applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
6) All applicants must fulfill all the essential requirements of the position(s) and as well date other conditions stipulated in the advertisement as on 30.01.2023 (Last date of submission application).
7) It is compulsory for all the applicants to fill up all the columns of the proforma very carefully before submission. No other format/ proforma of application shall be accepted.
8) In case of Universities/Institute awarding CGPA/SGPA/OGPA grades etc., candidates are requested to convert the same into percentage based on the formula as per their university/institute.
9) The subject for the e-mail must be “Application for the position of (Position Code)
How to Apply
Step-1 : Download the application proforma annexed with the advertisement.
Step-2 : Fill up all the columns of application proforma very carefully in own handwriting.
Step-3 : Scan completely duly filled application form in PDF format, and
Step-4 : Send on specified e-mail with mentioning subject as “Application for the position of..................(Position Code..............).
This position is purely temporary and co-terminus with the duration of the project. There will be no right
implicit or explicit for regular position for any post in CSIR-IHBT, Palampur (H P.) whatsoever.
The decision of the Director, CSIR-IHBT, Palampur shall be final for engagement of above mentioned position in CSIR-IHBT, Palampur (H.P.).
1. Result awaited candidates are not eligible for interview.
2. No interim enquiry will be entertained.
3. In case of any dispute, the English version will prevail.
E-mail address to whom application to be sent by the applicant : [email protected]
See All M.Pharm Alerts B.Pharm Alerts B.Sc Alerts
See All Other Jobs in our Database