Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) can trace its origins to the Ecole de Medicine de Pondicherry established by the French Government in 1823. In 1956 foundation for new medical college was laid and in 1964, hospital was inaugurated. JIPMER became an institution of national importance under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India in the year 2008. It is an institution established for teaching, research and patient care in the area of health. JIPMER spreads over 192 acres.
Applications are invited for the contractual post of Senior Research Fellow for the Indian Council of Medical Research funded project titled “Repurposing metformin and valproic acid to target cytotoxic and apoptotic pathways for potentiating the anticancer activity of cisplatin in non small cell lung cancer in vitro”.
Post : Senior Research Fellow
1. M.Sc. in life sciences / M.Tech in biotechnology from recognized university with 2 years of experience in research OR
2. PhD in cell culture or its related fields from recognized university
Desirable qualification : Experience in working at a cell culture laboratory and handling cell lines, MTT assay, cytotoxicity assays and molecular biology techniques shall be preferred.
Age limit : Not exceeding 35 years. Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PH/women candidates will be as per ICMR rules. The last date of receipt of application form (27.01.2022) will be taken for calculation of age.
Emoluments : Rs.35,000/- p.m. + HRA
Application fee : Nil
Duration : The appointment will be on temporary basis for a period of one year (likely to be continued beyond one year)
Eligible candidates only will be called for interview. Date and online link for video conferencing will be intimated to eligible candidates through e-mail address provided in the application form and they will be asked to mail the soft copy of the documents in support of their age, educational/professional qualification, experience, caste etc. Short listed candidates should login for appearing for the interview at the specified date and time.
Selection procedure :
Interview of the eligible candidates will be conducted online. Based on interview marks the first rank candidate will be selected for the post. Only those applicants who have submitted their application before last date will be allowed for the interview. Please note that no complaints will be entertained if the candidate misses the date for the interview.
NO SEPARATE CALL LETTERS WILL BE SENT TO APPLICANTS IN ANY FORM.
No TA/DA will be paid to the candidate for appearing in the interview.
General Instruction :
1. These are contractual posts and as such they will not have any claim whatsoever for regularization in the ICMR, JIPMER and any other Government organization.
2. The mere fulfilment of requisite essential qualification/experience does not guarantee selection.
3. During the project tenure as well as on its termination, the ICMR and/or the JIPMER will have no legal liabilities relating of staff.
4. Performance will be assessed on a regular basis/frequent intervals.
5. Contract can be terminated at any time based on the performance of the staff.
6. In case of resignation by the candidate, the candidate can leave the job by giving one month’s notice or one month’s salary in lieu of the same.
7. No TA/DA will be paid neither for appearing in the interview nor for joining the assignment.
Application filling and submission details
Interested candidates can download the application form from JIPMER, Puducherry website, paste your recent passport size photo and affix signature, send the duly filled application form along with the necessary enclosures via post at the given address on or before 27.01.2022. The envelope should be labelled as “Application for the Post of S.R.F. in ICMR funded extramural project” and should send the soft copy of the application to the mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 27/01/2022
See All Other Jobs in our Database