Banaras Hindu University ranks among the first few in the country in the field of academic and research output. This university has two campuses, 3 institutes, 16 faculties, 140 departments, 4 advanced centers and 4 interdisciplinary schools. The University is making its mark at the national and international levels in a number of frontier areas of Science, Social Science, Technology, Medicine and Agriculture etc.
Applications are invited in the attached format from Indian nationals for the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work on SERB (Start-up Research Grant) sponsored project under the supervision of Dr. Rajnish, Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering & Technology, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi, India.
Post : Junior Research Fellow
Title of the project : Discovery of novel selective inhibitors of choline acetyltransferase: Lead optimization and in vivo pharmacokinetic studies
Duration : One year. Extendable up to two years (2 Years) based on the performance. The post is purely temporary and co-terminus with the project.
Fellowship Amount : Rs. 31,000 + HRA (as applicable) per month
Essential qualifications : First class degree in M. Pharm/M. S. (Pharm.)/M. Tech (Pharm)/M. Tech in Medicinal Chemistry/Pharmaceutical Chemistry with GATE/GPAT/CSIR-NET or equivalent examination. The candidates should have basic degree in pharmacy (B. Pharm). The candidates appearing in the final semester of M. Pharm/M.S.(Pharm.)/M. Tech (Pharm)/M. Tech are also eligible. Such candidates need to produce the essential documents justifying qualification in the case of selection.
Desirable qualifications : Candidates with 1-2 years of experience in multi-steps organic synthesis and in vivo pharmacokinetic assays using HPLC/LC-MS in an industry/ academic laboratory is desired.
Age limit : 28 Years (relaxable for 5 years for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped/Female candidates). All things being equal, SC/ST candidates will be preferred as per GOI rules
1. The PI has the discretion to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communications in this regard will be entertained.
3. Original certificates and self-attested copies of all certificates need to be presented before the interview for verification.
4. Venue of Interview: Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering & Technology, IIT (BHU), Varanasi- 221005.
5. Application should be strictly according to the attached format.
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications in the attached format giving detail information on education qualification, research experience, and publications if any via email to Principal Investigator, Dr. Rajnish at Rajnish.firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 25th January, 2022. Please write “Application for JRF” in the subject line of the email. The shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email.
No TA/DA will be paid if called for interview.
See All Other Jobs in our Database