NIPER Ahmedabad was initiated with three specializations Biotechnology, Natural Products and Pharmaceutics and over the period of time three more specialisations Pharmaceutical Analysis, Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacology and Toxicology were added in 2010. Subsequently in 2011, to cater the needs of Medical device industry in India, another feather was added to the cap of NIPER Ahmedabad in the form of specialisation in Medical Devices.
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for a Research Associate (RA) and Junior Research Fellow (JRF) positions in a GSBTM funded project to be undertaken at the Department of Biotechnology, NIPER Ahmedabad. The positions are temporary, and the job offer will be initially for one year that can be extended further for two more years based on the performance and will be co-terminus with the project. If the JRF fulfills the institute criteria, admission in Ph.D. through NIPER entrance may be considered. The requisite qualification & experience etc., are given below.
Post : RA (1 Post) ; JRF (1 Post)
Project Title : Characterization of Transcriptional Landscape and Its Functional Role in Gingivo-Buccal Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma for Targeted Drug Discovery
Funding Agency : Gujarat State Biotechnology Mission (GSBTM), Gujarat
RA : Rs. 47000 + HRA as per GSBTM norms (1st Year), 49000 + HRA (2nd Year), 54000 + HRA (3rd Year)
JRF: Rs. 31000 + HRA as per GSBTM norms (1st and 2nd year), and 35000 + HRA for 3rd year
Desirables Qualification and Experience
For RA • PhD in Bioinformatics / Biotechnology / Life Sciences / or Equivalent with good publications
• The candidate should have experience in RNA sequencing data analysis/NGS data analysis/R/Python or organoid culture/animal handling/cell culture/Molecular biology/CRISPR-Cas9 assays
• M.Sc./M.Tech/MPharm/Masters degree in Bioinformatics /Biotechnology/Life Sciences/or Equivalent with minimum 60% marks in degree.
• Candidate should have experience in RNA-seq data analysis/Mol bio/organoid culture/Animal handling/Cell culture
• NET/GATE qualification is desirable
Interested candidates should send their applications strictly in the attached application format via email to the Registrar, NIPER-A (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy to the Principal investigator on Email id (email@example.com) on or before 1st Februry 2022. Please write “Application for RA/JRF” in the subject line of the email.
Date and time of the Interview : Shortlisted candidates would be intimated by e-mail for the interview
Application Instructions :
• Original certificates and self-attested copies of all certificates need to be presented before the interview for verification.
• No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
• Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification of candidature.
• The application should be strictly according to the attached format.
See All Other Jobs in our Database