ICMR- Regional Medical Research Centre, NE, Dibrugarh is one of the 26 permanent institutes of Indian Council of Medical Research. The Centre was established on 12th day of July in the year 1982. It covers the most remote and less developed eight states of the north-eastern region of India and is responsible for carrying out Biomedical Research in the region and runs with intramural grant from ICMR and extramural adhoc projects from different funding agencies.
ICMR-RMRC, N. E. Region intends to engage following Non-lnstitutional project human resource positions, purely on temporary contract basis for its short-term research projects, being undertaken at ICMR-RMRC, N. E. Region.
Project Assistant (Research Assistant)
No. of vacancies : 3 posts (1 UR, 2 OBC)
Essential qualifications : Master’s Degree in any of the subjects of Life Sciences / Biotechnology / Microbiology / Molecular Biology/ Biochemistry / Molecular Genetics / Zoology or related field from a recognized University
Master’s degree in Geography / Ecology and Environmental Science or related subject from a recognized University
Desirable qualifications :
1. Research experience (wet lab hands on experience) in relevant field.
2. Experience in Entomological studies.
3. Experience in data analysis related to change in climate and handling of RS and GIS software and analysis .
Age Limit : 30 years.
Consolidated Emoluments per month : Rs. 31,000/-
Project Senior Research Fellow
No. of vacancies : 1 post
Essential qualifications : Master’s degree in any of the subjects of Life Sciences / Biotechnology / Microbiology / Molecular Biology / Biochemistry/ Molecular Genetics / Zoology from a recognized university with 2 years of relevant experience.
Desirable qualifications : NET / GATE qualified candidates will be given preference
Age Limit : 35 years
Consolidated Emoluments : per month For NET/ GATE qualified candidates - Rs. 35,000/- + HRA.
For Candidates without NET/ GATE - Rs. 20,000/- + HRA.
General terms and conditions :
1. Number of positions may vary.
2. These positions are meant for temporary projects and co-terminus with the project.
3. Engagement of the above advertised Project Human Resource Positions will depend upon availability of funds, functional requirements and approval of the Competent Authority. Therefore, we are not committed to fill up all the advertised Project Human Resource Positions and the process is liable to be withdrawn / cancelled / modified at any time.
4. The rates of emoluments/stipend shown in this advertisement are project specific and may vary according to sanction of the funding agency of the Project.
5. Cut-off date for age limit will be as on the date of last date for submission of applications.
6. Age relaxation will be as per the guidelines of ICMR.
7. Reserved category candidates must produce their latest Caste Validity Certificate. OBC candidates must possess a latest valid non-creamy layer certificate.
8. Separate application should be submitted for each position. Allotment of project to the successful candidates will be decided by the competent authority at its discretion.
9. Qualification & experience should be in relevant discipline / field and from an Institution of repute. Experience should have been gained after acquiring the minimum essential qualification.
10. Mere fulfilling the essential qualification does not guarantee the selection.
11. Persons already in regular time scale service under any Government Department / Organizations are not eligible to apply.
12. No TA/DA will be paid to attend interview / personal discussion/ written test and candidates have to arrange transport / accommodation themselves.
13. ICMR reserves rights to consider or reject any application / candidature.
14. Submission of wrong or false information during the process of selection shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
15. The persons engaged on Project Human Resource Positions will normally be posted at the study site; however, they can be posted to any other sites in the interest of research work. They are liable to serve in any part of the country.
16. The persons engaged on Project Human Resource Positions shall not have any claim on aregular post in ICMR or in any of its Institutes/Centers or in any Department of Government of India and their project term with breaks or without breaks in any or multiple projects will not confer any right for further assignment or transfer to any other project or appointment*/ absorption/ regularization of service in funding agency or in ICMR. Benefits of Provident Fund, Pension Scheme, Leave Travel Concession, Medical claim, Staff Quarters and other facilities applicable to the regular staff of ICMR etc. are not admissible to the project human resource positions.
17. Successful candidates will normally be engaged on Project Human Resource Position initially for a period of one year or less, depending upon the tenure of the Project and functional requirements. Continuation / Extension to engagement of Project Human Resource Positions will be depending upon evaluation of performance, tenure of the project, availability of funds, functional requirements and approval of Competent Authority.
18. ICMR reserves the right to terminate the project human resource position even during the agreed contract period or extended contract period without assigning any reason.
19. Leave shall be as per the ICMR’s policy for project human resource positions.
20. Candidate must submit his/her duly filled in application form in the prescribed format with a recent passport size color photograph along with a detailed bio-data/C.V. and all relevant documents; duly self-attested; in proof of his/her educational qualifications [all
certificates and mark-sheets from 10th Std. onwards], working experience, age, caste and photo id [Aadhar Card/ Indian Passport/ PAN Card/ Driving License] etc., within the schedule date and time for submission of application, failing which his/her candidature will not be considered. Late/ Delayed/ Incomplete /Unsigned applications will not be considered at all and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
21. ICMR/ICMR-RMRC Dibrugarh reserves the right to cancel/modify the process at any time, at its discretion.
22. The decision of the Competent Authority will be final and binding.
23. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
24. Corrigendum/ addendum/ further information; if any; in respect of this advertisement, will be published on our website only. Hence, the candidates are advised to see the website of ICMR regularly for further updates related to this advertisement.
25. No electronic gadgets are allowed in the interview/written test.
Date of Walk-in : 1st February 2022.
Eligible candidates may walk-in for interview / written test and submit their applications in the prescribed format, duly filled in all respects along with all required supporting documents and certificates, duly self-attested, at the office on the day of the interview/written test, i.e. up to 10:30 hours on the said date(s). Late / Delayed / Incomplete/ Unsigned applications will not be considered and rejected straight away without any correspondence. Candidature of eligible candidates shall be subject to verification of all original documents by ICMR/ICMR-RMRC, NE Region, Dibrugarh, Assam and fulfillment of required eligibility criteria in all respects of qualification, age and experience, etc.
See All Other Jobs in our Database