CSIR-CCMB is a premier constituent research Institute of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), conducting research in frontier areas of modern biology. The objectives of the Centre are to conduct high-quality basic research and training in the areas of modern biology and promote centralized national facilities for new and modern techniques in the inter-disciplinary areas of biology.
Applications are invited from the eligible Indian National for a temporary position on contractual basis as indicated hereunder.
Post : Research Associate
Project Title : “Regulation of cell fate: Role of RapGEF1 in differentiation and functional characterization of mutants that cause human developmental disorders” under the CSIR Emeritus Scientist Scheme in the Lab of Dr Vegesna Radha at CSIR-CCMB, Hyderabad
Doctorate (PhD) [in Life Sciences preferably with subjects Molecular Biology, Biochemistry and Cell Biology] as evidenced from published papers in standard refereed journals.
Desirable Qualification : Genetic manipulation of mammalian cells in culture, fluorescence microscopy, recombinant DNA techniques and methods of studying protein properties and functions.
Project Duration : Up to 01.03.2023
Upper Age Limit : 35 years as on the last date of receipt of application. Age relaxation will be as per the prevailing guidelines.
Emoluments : Rs.47,000/- p.m. + HRA as applicable/ admissible.
General terms and conditions
1. Period of engagement: The engagement shall be initially for a short duration which may be extended or curtailed based on the conduct and the performance of the incumbent as well as requirement of the institute.
2. Selection Procedure: CSIR-HRDG prevailing guidelines are applicable to these positions. The application(s) received so will be considered by a designated Committee for screening and recommendations on engagement. The candidate(s) may have to appear for interview before the committee.
3. Interview: The date, time and venue of the test/interview will be notified in due course through email.
4. The engagement under projects does not confer any right/claim whatsoever, either explicitly or implicitly on the appointee for regular appointment in CSIR/CCMB, against any post or otherwise under any legal conditions or precedent.
5. Leave: The incumbent would not be entitled to any kind of regular leave. However, they would be eligible for one-day Leave for each completed month.
6. TA / DA: No TA/ DA is admissible for attending test/interview, joining the position.
7. Office time and working hours: The incumbent is required to perform the assigned duties during working hours i.e. from 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM on working days. The incumbent will not be allowed to take up any other assignment during the period of engagement. He /She may be required to work on Saturday/Sunday/other Gazetted holidays and beyond working hours also if need be.
8. Tax Deduction at Source: The Income Tax or any other tax liable to be deducted, as per the prevailing rules will be deducted at source before effecting the payment.
9. Confidentiality of data and documents: The Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) of the data collected as well as the deliverables produced for the office shall remain with this office. No one shall utilize or publish or disclose or part with, to a third party, any part of the data or statistics or proceedings or information collected for the purpose of this assignment or during the course of assignment for the office, without the express written consent of the office. The incumbent shall be bound to hand over the entire set of records of assignment to the Office before the expiry of the contract, and before the final payment is released by the office.
10. Conflict of interest: The incumbent engaged by this office, shall not represent or give opinion or adverse to others in any matter which is against to the interest of this office.
11. Termination of service: The performance of project personnel would be reviewed periodically so that candidates not found up to the mark, could be terminated. The engagement may be terminated at any time by the office without assigning any reasons by giving a notice of one month. In case, the person desires to leave the assignment, he/she is to give one month notice which can be condoned/ curtailed/ extended depending upon the discretion of the Competent Authority.
For any technical problemwhile submitting the online application, maycontact email@example.com
Last date to submit application through online : 13th February 2022
See All Other Jobs in our Database