Dr. Reddys Institute of Life Sciences (DRILS) is a not for profit Research Institute with a mission to be the preferred research partner to the pharma and life sciences industry. DRILS focuses on original research and advancement of relevant skills, with emphasis on solution-oriented interdisciplinary research both for solving unmet needs as well as process innovation.
Applications are invited for Junior Research Fellow (temporary position coterminous with the project) position in a SERB funded project titled “Understanding the regulatory role of co-activator binding protein PIMT in the pancreatic β-cells of diabetic animals and T3c diabetic (chronic pancreatitis) humans”.
Post : Junior Research Fellow
Fellowship : Rs. 31,000 plus 24% HRA (total Rs. 38,440) per month for first two years and Rs. 35,000 plus 24% HRA (total Rs. 43,400) per month for 3rd year
Duration : The duration of the fellowship is for three years. However, the performance of the candidate will be rigorously reviewed every 6 months and the fellowship will be renewed only upon satisfactory performance.
1) Literature search.
2) Design, plan and execute experiments under the supervision of the scientist.
3) Provide scientific support to the scientist in his research activities.
4) Book keeping and maintenance of stocks and consumables.
Scope of experimental work :
• Cell culture, transfection of cells and analysis by western blotting, qPCR, ChIP, ELISA, Adeno-virus experiment, microscopy etc.
• Handling and dissection of rodents.
Academic qualifications :
• Post-graduate degree in Basic Sciences or Graduate / Post-graduate degree in professional course selected through a process described through any one of the following:
a. Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests-CSIR UGC NET including Lectureship and GATE
b. Selection process through National Level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IISc, IISER etc.
• 1-2 years in the areas of Molecular Biology and Cell biology. Candidates with prior hands-on experience with cell culture and handling of animals are preferred. Experience with dissections and immunohistochemistry would be an additional advantage.
Personal attributes :
• The candidate should be motivated, committed and should be able to work in independently and in teams.
Qualified and interested candidates may send their curriculum vitae by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 22nd Jan 2022 with "SERB-PIMT Project" as the subject line of the email. There will be two rounds of interview. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed through skype/telecon followed by a personal interview at Dr. Reddy’s Institute of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad Campus, Gachibowli, Hyderabad. Selected candidate is expected to join within a week of offer.
See All Other Jobs in our Database