The CIMAP Research Center at Bangalore (then CIMPO, South Zonal Centre) was established in the year 1959. Since its inception, the center has been working as a CIMAP Field Station on diverse aspects of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (MAPs), from agronomy to breeding to phytochemistry, with the sole focus on farmers and the MAPs user industries in the states of Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Andhra Pradesh. The CIMAP Research Center, Bangalore (CRCB) has been working with the same vision and mission as that of its Headquarters at Lucknow.
Eligible and interested candidates may attend the Walk-in-interview for engagement on purely temporary basis as Project Associate-I under CSIR Aroma Mission project tenable at CSIR-CIMAP Research Centre, Bengaluru.
Sl. No. - 1
Essential Qualifications : M.Sc in Botany/Plant Sciences/Life Sciences (Min. 55%) Desirable : Experience in survey and collection/ taxonomy/maintaining gene bank/molecular marker development/RET conservation.
Sl. No. - 2
Essential Qualifications : M.Sc. Ag. in Soil Science/ Agronomy (55% OGPA) Desirable : Experience in working on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants
Sl. No. - 3
Essential Qualifications : M.Sc in Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Biotechnology (Min. 55%) Desirable : Working experience in yeast biology
Sl. No. - 4
Essential Qualifications : M.Sc in Genetics and Plant Breeding/ Botany (Min. 55%) Desirable : Experience in working on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants
Sl. No. - 5
Essential Qualifications : M.Sc in Chemistry or M. Pharma/MS. (Pharm) in Natural Products (Min. 55%) Desirable : Experience in the field of chemical ecology/natural product chemistry/analytical chemistry of plant secondary metabolites
Sl. No. - 6
Essential Qualifications : M.Sc./M.Tech in Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Life Sciences/Microbiology (Min. 55%) Desirable : Working experience in Biotechnology/Molecular Biology/tissue culture techniques
Age Limit : 35 Years
Stipend : Rs.31,000/- + HRA for CSIR/UGC/ICAR/DBT - NET/JRF/LS/GATE qualified candidate OR Rs. 25,000/- + HRA for Others
Terms & Conditions:
1. Engagement will be initially for a period of one year, and may be extended or curtailed depending upon the project requirement, and desired level performance or conduct of the incumbent, as the case may be.
2. The tenure of project staff shall be co-terminated with the project. However, under no circumstances the tenure would be allowed to exceed five year duration. The performance of the Project Associate would be reviewed periodically so that any one not found up to the mark, could be terminated.
3. The position is only temporary and, therefore, will not confer any right on the incumbent to any claim, implicit or explicit on any post in CSIR-CIMAP.
4. The upper age limit as mentioned above will be as on date of interview which is relaxable up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes/persons with disabilities and OBC candidates.
5. Special age relation in case of Widows, Divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands, who are not remarried as per rules.
6. On completion of the tenure in one project, in case, one wants to apply for engagement in another project, he/she will have to go through the process of selection by submitting a fresh application under the new project. Engagement of the Project Staff under the new project would be made only after submission of resignation and “No Demand Certificate” in the previous project.
7. The Project Associate shall be permitted to avail leave as per rules.
8. Final semester and result awaited candidates will not be allowed to appear for interview.
WALK-IN- INTERVIEW : 3 February 2021 at 10.00 AM
CSIR-CENTRAL INSTITUTE OF MEDICINAL & AROMATIC PLANTS
Research Centre, Allalasandra, GKVK Post, Bengaluru-65
See All Other Jobs in our Database