National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) is the first national level institute in pharmaceutical sciences with a proclaimed objective of becoming a centre of excellence for advanced studies and research in pharmaceutical sciences. The Government of India has declared NIPER as an 'Institute of National Importance'. It is an autonomous body set up under the aegis of Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Government of India.
Post : JRF
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for temporary Junior Research Fellow (JRF) position in the projects funded by Department of Biotechnology (DBT). The position is temporary and the offer will be initially for a period of ONE Year that can be extended and converted into SRF after successful completion of two years as JRF. Further based on the performance and will be co terminus with the project. If the candidate also fulfils the institute criteria, admission in Ph.D through NIPER entrance may be considered. The requisite qualification & experience etc. for the project are given below.
Project Title : LIGHT AMPLIFYING CARBON QUANTUM DOT EMBEDDED CONTACT LENSES FOR TREATMENT OF NIGHT BLINDNESS
Principle investigator (PI)
Dr. Govinda Kapusetti Assistant Professor (Medical Devices)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Qualification and Experience required
M.Sc/ M.Tech/ M.S in Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science & Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Medical Devices, Nanotechnology& sciences, Applied Sciences, Physics, and Chemistry
• Experience in synthesis of nano structured materials
• Physical, mechanical and biological characterizations of nano structured materials and composites
• Experience in animal handling is preferable.
Primary focus of this project:
1. Synthesis of carbon quantum dots with desired size to obtain specific emission spectrafor light amplification
2. Fabrication of quantum dot reinforced contact lenses
3. Physical, optical, and mechanical characterization of quantum dots and contact lenses
4. In-vitroand in-vivo evolution of fabricated lenses against the disease models
5. Writing of research articles, patents and other related documents.
Rs.25,000+10% HRA per monthfor 1st and 2nd year
Rs. 28,000 + 10 % HRA per month for 3rd year
Interested candidates should send their applications strictly in the attached application format viaemail to Registrar,NIPER-A(firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy to individual PI/Co-PI for each projecton or before 25thJan, 2019. Please write “Application for JRF” in the subject lineof the email. The shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email by 23nd Jan, 2019 and interviewed on 10 AM, 31st Jan, 2019.
• Original certificates and self attested copies of all certificates need to be presented before the interview for verification.
• No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
• Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification of candidature.
• Tentative Date of Interview – within two weeks of application deadline.
• Venue of Interview – Conference Room, NIPER-Ahmedabad, Palaj, Opposite Air Force Station,Gandhinagar-382355,Gujarat,India.Contact no:079-66745502
• Application should be strictly according to the attached format.
• Last date for receiving of application is 25th Jan, 2019.
See All Other Jobs in our Database