Career for Junior Research Fellow at Birla Institute of Technology
BIT, Mesra is a "Deemed University" under Sec. 3 of the U.G.C. Act 1956. It functions under the overall supervision, direction and control of a high power Board of Governors, comprising representatives of the Ministry of Education, Government of India, the U.G.C., the State Government, The Chancellor, the AICTE, The Hindustan Charity Trust and the Institute Faculty. Shri G.P. Birla is the Chairman of the Board of Governors. The Governor of the state of Jharkhand is the Chancellor of the Institute. The Technical Council decides the academic policy of the Institute.
Applications are invited for the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in SERB, DST sponsored project entitled “Synthesis and development of novel HSP90 inhibitors as potential anti-HIV candidate molecules and elucidation of their mechanism of inhibition " at Department of Chemistry, BIT Mesra, Ranchi.
Eligibility: M.Sc. in Chemistry or Equivalent with NET qualification [CSIR-UGC/GATE/JAM/GPAT/JEST/ICMR-JRF]
i) Experience in Organic Synthesis is preferred
ii) Knowledge/Experience of Molecular Modeling/Drug Design/Computational Chemistry and related software is preferred.
Fellowship/month : Rs 25,000 for the first two years, and Rs 28,000 for next one years.
Tenure : 3 years (extendable annually till completion of the project, subjected to satisfactory performance).
How to apply:
Interested candidates may send their application along with recent Curriculum Vitae including educational qualifications (with percentage of marks or CGPA in each degree) and research/working experience/interests, contact information (phone number and email ID) and a passport size photograph to the PI of the project Dr. Ashoke Sharon through e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). The subject of the email should be: Application in the post of JRF by <name of the applicant>
Other relevant information:
• Short listed candidates will be intimated through e-mail only. Interview date will be notified very soon in website and by email to individual candidates.
• Successful candidate may enroll for PhD program of the institute after fulfilling admission criteria
• No TA/DA will be given for attending the interview.
• The appointment under this project is to be treated as temporary for three years subject to availability of the fund and will be governed by the rules / conditions of the sanctioned project.
• Short listed are advised to be present on the date of interview with all original documents along with a set of photocopies of the documents at the time of Interview.
Dr. Ashoke Sharon (email@example.com)
Deptartment of Chemistry
Birla Institute of Technology Mesra, Ranchi - 835215
Mobile No. : 9470959291
Principal Investigator of the Project
See All Other Jobs in our Database