Applications are invited for Junior Research Fellow at Central University of Gujarat
Central University of Gujarat (CUG) was established under the Central Universities Act, 2009 (No. 25 of 2009) to generate and disseminate advanced knowledge by providing instructional and research facilities, promoting innovation in teaching-learning process and research, establishing linkages with industries for application of science and technology and educate and train human resources for the development of the country. The University has territorial jurisdiction over the whole of the State of Gujarat and admits students on all-India basis. The University is looking for qualified, accomplished and committed faculty members who believe in institution-building and have a passion for academic excellence through teaching and quality research.
Post : Junior Research Fellow
Project title: The study of surface chemistry induced three dimensional tumor model and its effect on tumor progression and drug response.
Principle investigator: Dr. Rajesh Vasita
Project duration: 2.5 Years
Funding agency: SERB, DST, Govt. of India
Fellowship: 25000 – 28000/- p.m. consolidated (For NET/GATE qualified candidates)
Essential Qualifications: Post graduate degree in Biological sciences/material science with minimum of 55% marks, must qualified UGC-CSIR NET, or Post Graduate degree in biomedical engineering/material science.
Desired: Experience in handling of and experimentation with mammalian cell culture, scaffolding and biomaterial characterization (b) Sound knowledge about biomaterials and tissue engineering
Interested candidates meeting above requirements may submit application indicating the name, date of birth/age, nationality, postal and email addresses, essential and desired technical/professional qualifications, research work and experience, list of published articles etc in relevant area along with signature, date and names of at least two referees.
Last Date for sending application: 21 January 2019. Only Sort-listed candidates will be intimated by email and called for the interview.
1. The selected candidate will be appointed purely on temporary basis initially for a period of one year.
2. Appointment may be extended depending on the satisfactory work performance as assessed by the project head or till the validity of the project, or whichever is earliest.
3. The selected candidate will directly report to the Principal Investigator regarding his/her work progress and project related matters.
4. The services will be required 5 days a week as per the University rules and also on the weekends, if deemed necessary.
5. In addition to the regular work, the selected candidate will have to perform other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the PI related to the project.
6. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview. No other allowances are payable.
Application along with a brief resume should be email to email@example.com
Dr. Rajesh Vasita
Biomaterials & Biomimetic Laboratory
Room No: 21, Faculty Block
School of Life Sciences, Central University of Gujarat
Sector 30, Gandhinagar-382030
See All Other Jobs in our Database