ADMISSION TO CIMAP-JNU Ph.D. PROGRAMME
CSIR - Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CSIR-CIMAP) is a constituent laboratory of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), which is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India. The Institute conducts research in all frontline areas of Biological, Agricultural & Chemical Sciences. The institute invites eligible candidates for admission in CIMAP-JNU Ph.D. programme (2019-20) leading to award of Ph.D. degree from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
Candidates who have completed M.Sc. in Life Sciences/ Agriculture/ Botany/ Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioscience/ Biochemistry/Plant Sciences/ Environmental Sciences/ Molecular Biology/ Bioinformatics with minimum 55 % marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PH) and have cleared CSIR-UGC NET Exam/ICMR-NET Exam/DBT-JRF Exam/ GPAT or any other Exam leading to JRF/SRF fellowship tenable at CSIR-CIMAP are eligible to apply under the programme to carry out advanced research in the area of Biotechnology/ Bioprospection/ Genomics/ Plant Tissue Culture/ Bioinformatics/ Plant Physiology/ Metabolomics/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Botany and Pharmacogonosy/ Natural Product/ Synthetic/ Analytical/ Process Chemistry/ Pharmaceutical Industrial Chemistry/ Chemical Engineering /Agronomy/ Soil Science/ Agri-microbiology / Plant Nutrition/ Crop Improvement/ Crop Protection/ Agricultural Economics & Extension/ Environmental Sciences etc. The selected candidates will be enrolled for Ph.D. programme in academic affiliation with the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
Reservations are as per statutory of India norms.
The selected candidates will have to complete Pre-Ph.D. courses in any one of the three sub-disciplines (Plant Sciences/Biotechnology & Bioinformatics/Chemical sciences) of their interest as the Core courses with optional courses, in two semesters spread over one year. On the successful completion of courses (OGPA 6.5/10.0 for general & OBC category and 6.0/10.0 for SC/ST//PH) students will be eligible for registration as CIMAP-JNU Ph.D scholar under the supervision of CSIR-CIMAP scientists available as guide to carry out research on a scientific topic covered under above areas at CSIR-CIMAP.
1. Admission to the CIMAP-JNU Ph.D. programme (January 2019) will be made purely based on walkin- interview to be held on 22-01-2019 at 10:00 AM at CSIR-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Lucknow.
2. Before interview, candidate has to fill an application from which must be accompanied with nonrefundable processing fee in the form of a Demand Draft for Rs.200/-(Rupees two hundred only) for General candidate and Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidate fee drawn in favor of Director, Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Lucknow. Application proforma can be downloaded from our website cimap.res.in. Candidates have to bring all the certificates in original.
3. Application should be accompanied by attested copies of certificates and mark sheets from Senior Secondary level onward.
4. Admission of GPAT & inspire students will be subject to sanction of fellowship from respective funding agency.
5. CSIR-CIMAP will not provide any travel expenses to candidates appearing for interview.
CSIR-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants
P.O. CIMAP, Kukrail Picnic Spot Road, Lucknow-226015
See All Other Jobs in our Database