THSTI Invites application for Translational Research Award in INfectious diseases
TRAIN is a post-doctoral research program initiated by THSTI to impart training in translational research to candidates with doctoral degree in biological sciences. Selected candidates will be involved in large infectious disease research programs/projects involving human cohorts/clinical trials and are expected to work at the interface of biology and clinical research. Candidates will be jointly mentored by biologists and clinical researchers during the course of their fellowship. The focus areas include epidemiology, immunology, pathogenesis, drug and vaccine development, and diagnostics for viral and bacterial diseases (Eg: Dengue, Hepatitis, Pneumonia, Tuberculosis etc.)
Essential Qualifications: Ph.D in Biological Sciences with at least one research article in a peer-reviewed journal indexed in PUBMED as first author. Candidates who have submitted their thesis and are waiting for the award of the degree may also apply. However, they should have an accepted first-author publication at the time of submission of their application.
Desirable Qualifications: Doctoral research in the areas of infectious diseases, immunology, and microbiology with exposure to clinical research. Expertise in handling human clinical samples, animal models of disease and in vitro assays relevant to infectious disease research.
Age limit : 30 years
Maximum monthly consolidated emoluments : Rs. 60,000/- in the first two years with performance-based revision in emoluments after second year.
Duration of the award : The award shall normally be for the duration of three years which may be extended by two more years, subject to satisfactory progress, based on the annual performance reviews.
General terms & Conditions
1. All educational, professional and technical qualification should be from a recognized Board/University.
2. The date for determining the age limit shall be the closing date for online applications in each cycle.
3. Candidates who have applied earlier or interviewed earlier will not be considered again.
4. Interested candidates are requested to submit the online application on or before the last date. Applications will be screened and candidates will be interviewed up to four times in a year (January, April, July and October) depending on the number of applications. Deadline for applications for each quarter: March 31st, June 30th, Sept 30th, Dec 31st.
5. All results will be published on our website and all future communications will be only through email.
6. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification
7. Call for applications will remain open till suitable candidates are found.
Rolling Recruitment Notice No. THS/RN/22/2017 /03
See All Other Jobs in our Database