Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) is an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology under the Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt, of India. THSTI is developed as a part of the interdisciplinary NCR Biotech Science Cluster located at Faridabad. THSTI is designed as a dynamic, interactive organization with a mission to conduct innovative translational research and to develop research collaborations across disciplines and professions to translate concepts into tangible products to improve human health.
THSTI has set up niche centres of research in areas relevant to human health. These are: Vaccine and Infectious Disease Research Centre (VIDRC), Paediatric Biology Centre (PBC), Centre for Bio - design & Diagnostics (CBD), Drug Discovery Research Centre (DDRC), Centre for Human Microbial Ecology(CHME) , and Policy Centre for Biomedical Research (PCBR). Clinical Development Service Agency(CDSA) and the National Bio-design Alliance (NBA) are THSTI’s extramural centres. The mandate of these centres is described on THSTI website and details of the ongoing scientific activities can be found in our recent annual report
Age limit: 62 years at the time of award of THSTI National Chair.
Emoluments: Award money Rs. 1.50 lakhs per month.
Tenure: The tenure of award is for 3 years initially.
Qualifications and experience:
Accomplished scientists of the Central /State Govt./ Universities/ Public Sector Undertakings/Govt. funded research organisations/institutes, autonomous bodies with a minimum of 25 years research experience in responsible higher position with published research of highest standards and / or technologies of established utility with an MD or PhD degree in Life Sciences / Biomedical Sciences / Biotechnology / Biomedical Engineering / Biotech Pharmacology or a related area from a recognized University
The institute is looking for distinguished scientists as the THSTI National Chair to mentor its Drug Discovery Research Centre (DDRC), and the Centre for Bio-design and Diagnostics (CBD). The DDRC working model envisages further strengthening of its capabilities through collaborative linkages with both academia and industry.
The primary mission of the CBD is to promote an effective translational route of basic findings through a multidisciplinary approach, combining new bio markers, medical technology innovation, product development and clinical expertise.
The centre has focus on establishing high quality, affordable technologies and ensuring their development to reach patients. Major areas of research are broadly divided between diagnostics and medical technologies covering implants and devices.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Applicants, who are currently working in any Government (Central/State), PSU, autonomous body or any other Government organization, shall get his / her application forwarded through his / her employer. An advance copy of the application may be sent in case of foreseen delays in forwarding the application through proper channel.
2. All educational, professional and technical qualification should be from a recognized Board/University.
3. The experience requirement specified shall be the experience acquired after obtaining the minimum educational qualifications specified for the position.
4. The age limit, qualification, experience and other requirements may be relaxed at the discretion of the competent authority, in case of candidates who are otherwise suitable.
5. Incomplete applications will stand summarily rejected.
6. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification
How to apply:
The prospective candidates may send their application in the prescribed format along with a statement on the scientific vision to mentor the research activities of the centre and how the expertise of the candidate could benefit the research activities of the other THSTI centres.
The application may be sent to the
Translational Health Science and Technology Institute,
NCR-Biotech Science Cluster,
3rd Milestone, Faridabad - Gurgaon Expressway,
PO Box No.04, Faridabad-121001 super-scribing on the cover “Application for THSTI-National Chair ” so as to reach on or before 5th February 2016. Eminent scientists may also nominate potential candidates for these positions providing the desired information.
Recruitment Notice No: THS/RN/05/2016
See All Other Jobs in our Database