Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Post: 2016 Pharm Sci Intern-Form Sci
No. of Posts: 1
The Future Talent Program features internships that last 10-12 weeks during the months of June-August, 2016. For the 2016 program, students who accept the positions are responsible for housing costs.
The Formulation Sciences (FS) organization within Pharmaceutical Sciences and Clinical Supplies (PSCS) is responsible for developing oral and parenteral formulations to support early phase clinical trials through Phase 2b clinical studies before partnering with Merck Manufacturing Division (MMD) to transition the program into late stage development and commercialization. The FS group is specifically responsible for developing products that improve human health through collaborations across various organizations within the company with a strategic focus on identifying and developing differentiating technologies for drug product concepts intended to add value to our customers.
One internship position is available in 2016 in the Formulation Sciences group based at our West Point, PA site. During your internship appointment you will work closely with an experienced pharmaceutical industry scientist on a research project with key tasks that include, but not limited to, the following:
- Plan and execute research experiments to develop formulations for immediate/controlled release application to improve and enhance the performance of the drug product using commonly employed unit processes involved in drug product development.
- Perform material and mechanical tests among others to characterize the drug product and ensure drug product robustness against key quality attributes.
- Full-time student pursuing a BS, MS or PhD degree in Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Analytical Chemistry, and other relevant disciplines
- Returning to school in Fall 2016
- Available for 10-12 week internship beginning June 2016
- Working knowledge and understanding of mechanical characterization techniques a plus
- Working knowledge of commonly employed pharmaceutical unit operations to manufacture drug products a plus
- Strong personal character and ethics
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent academic achievement and analytical ability
- Good team player and ability to work independently
Please be prepared to supply a letter of reference upon request.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
See All Other Jobs in our Database