Sikkim became an integral part of the Indian Union in May, 1975. The Constitutional Provision under Article 315 to have a Public Service Commission for the State was fulfilled by constituting a State Public Service Commission in the year 1978. The Public Commission has actually started functioning from 1982 with the appointment of the Chairman and deputation of the staff from the State Government.
Applications are invited from eligible local candidates for filling up of 01 (one) post of Scientific Officer (Biology), 01 (one) post of Scientific Officer (Chemistry) and 01 post of Scientific Officer (Questioned Documents) on temporary regular basis in Level -16 of the Pay Matrix through Direct Recruitment under Regional Forensic Laboratory (RFSL), CID Sikkim Police Home Department.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:
For the post of I) Scientific Officer (Biology) - 01 UR
(a) Master of Science in Botany, Zoology, Anthropology (Physical) Bio-Technology or Forensic Science from a recognized university.
(b) Minimum three months training on Forensic Biology and Serology from a recognized Institution.
(c) 03 yrs of working experience in Forensic Biology and Serology discipline under State/Central Government Forensic Laboratory.
II) Scientific Officer (Chemistry) - 01 UR
(a) Master of Science in Chemistry or Master of Science in Forensic Science or Master of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology from a recognized university.
(b) Minimum three months training on Forensic Chemistry, Drugs & Narcotics and Toxicology from a recognized institution.
(c) 03 yrs of analytical experience in Forensic Chemistry, Drugs & Narcotics and Toxicology under State/Centre Govt. Forensic Laboratory.
III) Scientific Officer (Questioned Document) - 01 UR
(a) Master of Science in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics or Forensic Science from a recognized university.
(b) Minimum three months training on Forensic Questioned Document Division from a recognized institution.
(c) 03 yrs of working experience in Forensic Questioned Document under State/Central Government Forensic Laboratory.
AGE LIMIT : The Candidates should not be below the age of 21 years and over the age of 40 years as on 31st Jan, 2021 in terms of Notification No. M(3)/(55)/GEN/DOP/Pt.III DT: 03.07.2019.
(a) Should have knowledge of any of the State Languages.
(b) Should be conversant with the customs and usages of Sikkim.
(a) Candidate must be in possession of either Sikkim Subject Certificate or Certificate of Identification issued by the competent authority under relevant orders of the State Government.
(b) Category Certificate issued by the competent authority of the Government of Sikkim.
(c) Should have Valid Local Employment Card issued by the appropriate authority of the Government of Sikkim.
(d) No Objection Certificate from the Head of Department in case of employed candidates.
(e) Marital Status (for female candidate). In case of married women candidate, COI/SSC of Husband should be enclosed.
1. SCHEME OF EXAMINATION: Candidates are advised to refer to APPENDIX – I for Detailed Scheme and pattern for the Written Examinations. The syllabus may be downloaded from the Sikkim Public Service Commission website.
2. Candidate should go through the advertisement and read the instructions provided on the Commission website page carefully before applying online. Applications received through any other mode shall not be accepted and shall be summarily rejected.
3. The candidates are advised to apply online at our website spscskm.gov.in/ on or before 15.03.2021 upto 12 midnight. Application submitted after 15.03.2021 will not be accepted by the software and SPSC will not be responsible for the same.
4. Rejection list of candidates who do not qualify for the post as per the advertised criteria will be uploaded in the SPSC website on 22nd March, 2021 and if any of the rejected candidates have reservation on rejection of application, they should submit their grievances along with justification to the office of the Controller, SPSC w.e.f 23rd March, 2021 to 31st March, 2021.
5. Application fee amounting to Rs 150/- only may be paid online through credit/debit card, Net Banking by Visa/Mastercard. The amount once deposited shall not be refunded or adjusted against any other purpose.
6. e-Admit Cards can be downloaded and printed by the eligible candidates after a Notice for the same will be published in the official website of the Commission.
7. Candidates are directed to bring a Photo Identity proof like (Aadhaar Card, Voters Card, and Driving License) along with valid e-Admit cards in the examination centre for proof of identity.
8. Those candidates who qualify in the written examination will be called for scrutiny of documents before the conduct of viva-voce/interview in the ratio as fixed by the Commission. Short listed candidates are required to submit attested photocopies of all relevant documents on the dates specified by the Commission.
9. No TA/DA is admissible for attending the examination/Interview.
10. Admission to all the stages of examination for which candidates are admitted by the Commission viz. Written Examination and Interview Test will be purely provisional and is subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If, on verification at any stage of the examination process, it is found that candidates do not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the post will be cancelled by the Commission without notice.
11. The Commission will entertain application on review or RTI/Correspondence only after the entire process of recruitment is complete.
12. Any further instructions/ Corrigendum / Addendum would be uploaded only on Sikkim Public Service Commission website.
Last Date : 15.03.2021 upto 12 midnight.
See All Other Jobs in our Database