Work as Specialist Technical Services at Merck Limited
Merck Limited (formerly E. Merck Limited) was set up in India as the first Merck subsidiary in Asia in 1967. The Company operates both its Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals businesses in the country. Merck was also the first Merck Group Company to go public in the year 1981. The Merck Group now holds 51% of the share capital in Merck Limited, while the remaining 49% is traded on the Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd. and National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. Merck Specialities Pvt. Ltd., the wholly owned Indian subsidiary of Merck KGaA, was incorporated in 2005.
Post : Specialist Technical Services (Chemistry)
Scope of Responsibility
To answer the technical queries pertaining to Chemistry portfolio which is assigned to Western Europe Technical service queue
Purpose of the Position
The Specialist manages on a daily basis product and application inquiries to support sales directly or indirectly and ensures these are treated with the level of reactivity according to the needs.
Essential Job Functions
• Provide scientific responses to the more complex advanced analytical questions and solutions to customers’ research problems by utilizing scientific knowledge and available resources, consulting with more experienced scientists when necessary.
• To maintain the image of company as a source of scientific information, to function as a leader in Life Science and High Technology, and to promote our obsession with service.
• Enhance our product information databases by documenting technical information from customer interactions.
• Recommend products based on customer needs and research interests.
• Compliant Management- Act as a customer advocate and ensure that customer complaints are understood, recorded in the quality system and ensure a good advancement of the complaint process and a high quality analysis and customer response
• Document errors and information the responsible department for changes in company electronic and printed publications.
• Document all customer interactions and requests for new products.
• Contribute to company/department operations and process improvement efforts.
• Recommend and participate in process improvement studies.
• Actively participate on intra- and inter-departmental teams as assigned.
• Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned.
• Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule.
• MSc Chemistry or Organic Chemistry (Chemical Engineer, General Chemistry, Pharmaceutical chemist, Biochemistry)4-6 years in R&D/ Technical services of life science or chemical industry.
• Previous work experience should be from a fast-paced, changing and growing organization either as
- LAB QC/QA or
- Life Science Specialist or
- R&D LAB Technician or
- Technical support, Sales in Life science area
• Chemistry specialist from R&D area, Chemical Synthesis
• Analytical QC and RD Lab.
• Experienced professionals in Food production, Pharmaceutical Production; testing labs, Life science specialist from R&D area, academy experience
• Method development experience
• Product specialist, technical support, Quality control supervisor in Life Science area
• Technical skills
• Solve queries on time with content in your response that allows us to resolve the claims of our clients. Ability to present solutions in friendly-user language
• Agility, good communication, teamwork, innovative, listening, responsibility and engagement
• Ability to transfer knowledge, knowledgeable, leadership, empowerment, result oriented, Team working spirit
• Highly Analytical mind. Proactive
• Manage time efficiently
• Analytical & problem solving ability.
• Customer centric orientation
• Knowledge of ISO preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Understand the basics and needs of good communication in the process.
• Advanced in Interpersonal skills, Problem solving, Planning & execution.
• Proficient in Customer orientation, Business acumen and Leading change.
Experience : 4-6 years
Location : Bangalore
Qualification : M.Sc
Industry Type : Pharma
Functional Area : Technical Services
End Date : 20th March, 2020
See All Other Jobs in our Database