Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) can trace its origins to the ‘Ecole de Medicine de Pondicherry’ established by the French Government in 1823. In 1956 foundation for new medical college was laid and in 1964, hospital was inaugurated. JIPMER became an institution of national importance under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India in the year 2008. It is an institution established for teaching, research and patient care in the area of health. JIPMER spreads over 192 acres. The institution houses one administrative block, one academic centre, one nursing college, seven hospital blocks, seven accessory services buildings and four residential complexes.
Post : Senior Research Fellow
Project title: “Micro-RNA expression signatures as predictors of therapy response in psoriasis patients treated with methotrexate: a longitudinal study”
Essential Qualifications: M.Sc. (Medical Biochemistry / Biochemistry / Genetics / Biotechnology) / M.Tech. (Biotechnology) with atleast two years experience in molecular biology after postgraduation.
Desirable: Passed NET/GATE/equivalent exam. Candidates with experience in clinical research in psoriasis biology with publications in the field and hands-on experience in advanced molecular techniques such as RT-PCR, DNA sequencing, microarray and a strong background in biostatistics and bioinformatics will be given preference.
Age limit : Upper age limit 35 years. Age limit relaxable for SC / ST / OBC / women candidates as per Govt. rules
Salary : As per rules of SERB, New Delhi.
General Instructions & Conditions:
1. No Benefit of Provident fund, leave Travel Concession, Medical Claim etc. will be considered, since the post is purely on contract basis.
2. Appointment is for a period of one year, and the appointment may be extended based on the performance every year until the project is completed.
3. The above post is purely on temporary/contractual basis, co-terminus of the project & the candidate will have no right to claim for permanent employment in the Institute/ under SERB or continuation of his or her services in any other project.
4. The candidates are advised not to bring any type of recommendations to influence their selection. Such candidates will be summarily rejected.
5. Interested and eligible candidates may submit their application in the prescribed format (appended) along with the attested copies of the following testimonials:
• Certificate in support of age (Tenth equivalent/High School Certificate)
• Experience Certificate
• Caste certificate (If any)
• Any others (if any)
The walk-in interview will be held on 19th March 2020 at 9.30 AM in the Conference Room, Department of Biochemistry, JIPMER, Puducherry.
The applicants should apply in plain paper with the enclosed format along with attested copies of certificates to the undersigned at the address given below by 17th March 2020. No individual call letters will be sent. No TA/DA will be given for attending the interview.
Address for Correspondence:
Dr. Medha R.,
Principal Investigator, SERB Research Project & Additional Professor of Biochemistry,
Department of Biochemistry,
JIPMER, Puducherry- 605 006.
See All Other Jobs in our Database