Banaras Hindu University ranks among the first few in the country in the field of academic and research output. This university has two campuses, 3 institutes, 16 faculties, 140 departments, 4 advanced centers and 4 interdisciplinary schools. The University is making its mark at the national and international levels in a number of frontier areas of Science, Social Science, Technology, Medicine and Agriculture etc.
Post : Senior Research Fellow
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the following position for the research project entitled “Synthesis and evaluation of diverse N-functionalized heterocyclic hybrids as multi-target directed ligands for neuroprotective and neurorestorative therapies” sponsored by MHRD, Government of India under the Scheme for Transformational and Advanced Sciences (STARS).
Essential qualifications : First class in M.Pharm/M.S.(Pharm.)/M.Tech(Pharm)/M.Tech in Pharmaceutical Chemistry/Medicinal Chemistry with qualification in GATE/GPAT or equivalent examination, with 55% marks (equivalent grade) in post-graduation plus at least two years of research experience preferably in Pharma industry in the area of synthetic medicinal chemistry. The candidates should have a basic degree in Pharmacy (B.Pharm).
Desirable Skills : Candidates with expertise in multistep organic synthesis, cheminformatics, biological screening and cell culture handling will be preferred.
Salary : Rs. 35,000.00 + HRA
Age limit : 32 Years (relaxable for 5 years for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped/Female candidates).
Duration : 03 years
1. The PIs has the discretion to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communications in this regard will be entertained.
3. Original certificates and self-attested copies of all certificates need to be presented before the interview for verification. The venue of interview will be; Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering & Technology, IIT (BHU), Varanasi-221005.
4. Last date for receiving the application by email is March 06 (Friday), 2020.
5. The selected candidate may subsequently register for the PhD programme in the department, if he/she fulfils the required criteria.
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications strictly on the prescribed format appended below (next page), via email to the Principal Investigator (PI), Dr. Senthil Raja A at email@example.com. Please mention “Application for SRF” in the subject line of the email. The shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email ONLY. No TA/DA will be paid if called for interview.
See All Other Jobs in our Database