Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented and performance driven people. All of which makes them one of the most rewarding employers in their field.
Post : Scientist
Plan and perform scientific experiments (or pilot plant processes) for the preparation and timely delivery of drug substances (DS), drug products (DP), processes and procedures in collaboration within a multifunctional project team coordinated by a Project leader. Contrib-ute to maintenance of lab instruments/infrastructure.
1. Meet quality, quantity and timelines in all assigned projects.
2. Perform and document scientific experiments
3. Plan & organize scientific experiments under minimal guidance from more experienced team members. Seeks proactively for support and coaching from Project Leader, Scientific Expert or other team members during the whole process if necessary.
4. Provide documentation of raw data
5. Evaluate and Contribute to interpretation and report results under minimal guidance from more experienced team members.
6. Propose and provide input for the design of next experiments.
7. Optimize existing methods (lab or plant) or contribute to new method development and reproduce published methods and develop more efficient ones.
8. Generate lab procedures, reports and/or instructions and/or SOP’s.
9. Actively transfer procedures/instructions to pilot plant or production, including troubleshooting, process steering controls etc.
10. Communicate and address problems, perform safety and literature searches under moderate guidance from more experienced team member.
11. Act as mentors for new joinees
12. Keep record of and manage chemicals, intermediates, excipients and solvents within own area of responsibility.
13. Collaborate with other team members to facilitate deliveries of DS and/or DP.
14. Utilize special tools/equipments and/or specialized facilities e.g., containment/sterile labs.
15. Evaluate new lab equipment.
16. Schedule and perform routine maintenance and calibration of lab instru-ments/equipment & contribute to maintenance of infrastructure/equipment.
17. Actively participate in project teams/meetings/networks.
18. Actively contributes to team goals.
19. Ensure all own activities are aligned with overall drug development process.
20. Work according to appropriate SOPs, GMP, GLP, QM, HSE, ISEC & Novartis Guidelines
21. Strategic and scientific contribution to Networks, target achievements according to net-work charter and annual objectives.
M.Pharm./M.Sc./M.Tech., Adequate knowledge of English (oral and written).
1. 4-8 years of relevant experience
2. Awareness/proven experience for safe handling of chemicals, potentially dangerous materials and equipment.
3. Good scientific or technical knowledge in a specific area (e.g. synthetic, analytical, galenical).
4. Adequate knowledge in scientific/technical areas of collaboration.
5. Proficient with laboratory and/or technical tools.
6. Good knowledge of software and computer tools.
7. Basic presentation skills and scientific/technical writing skills.
8. Good Communication skills
Experience : 4-8 years
Qualification : M.Pharm, M.Sc, M.Tech
Location : Hyderabad
Industry Type : Pharma / Healthcare / Clinical research
Functional Area : Research & Development
ID : 289546BR
End Date : 25th March, 2020
See All Other Jobs in our Database