Staff Selection Commission. This commission is an attached office of the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) which consists of Chairman, two Members and a Secretary-cum-Controller of Examinations. His post is equivalent to the level of Additional Secretary to the Government of India.
Post : Assistant Drug Inspector
Post No : NR11820
No of posts : 3 (1-UR, 2-SC ) (0-Ex-Serviceman, 0-OH, 0-HH, 0-VH, 0-Others)
Department Name : Central Drug Standard Control Organisation, Directorate General Of Health Services, Min. Of Health And Family Welfare, New Delhi
Grade Pay (Pre-revised) / Pay Level Matrix : Pay Matrix Level-6 (Grade Pay Rs. 4200/-)
Age Limit (in years) : 18-30
Skill Test Required : No
Educational Qualification Level : Graduation & Above
Initial Place of Posting : New Delhi with AISL
Job Requirement/ Duties of the Post
(1) To assist in evaluation of safety, efficacy and quality of Drugs as per requirement of Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940.
(2) To carry out field duty in assisting superior/ Drugs Inspectors in taking out samples, enforcement activities like raids/inspections and launching prosecution etc.
(3) To assist CDSCO officers in the matter of monitoring documents.
(4) To carry out such other duties as may be assigned under the Drugs and Cosmetics Act and Rules framed their under.
Essential Qualification (EQ)
Degree in Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Sciences or Medicine with specialization in Clinical Pharmacology or Microbiology from a recognized University or equivalent.
NOTE: - Equivalency of degrees is not allowed in respect of Qualification.
Subject : Pharmacy / Pharmaceutical Sciences / Microbiology
Crucial date for Essential Qualification (EQ) and Age Limit
1. Essential Qualifications (EQs) & Age Limit for each Post as per the requirement of the concerned User Departments/ Ministries, are mentioned in the details/ description of Post(s) given in the Annexure-III of this Notice.
2. The Crucial date for determining of age-limit and possession of Essential Qualifications (EQs)/ Experience will be 01-01-2020.
3. Before applying for the post, the candidates must ensure that they possess the Essential Qualifications including Experience wherever it is prescribed as Essential Qualification and also meet the age-limit as on the crucial date mentioned above.
4. The posts where experience is required, such experience must be acquired by the candidates after completing educational qualification as specified for the concerned post. Further, internship, training, research experience, etc gained in the course of acquiring an educational qualification will not be counted as experience.
5. For posts where experience in a particular field/ discipline for a specified period has been indicated as an Essential Qualification, the applicants must fill the relevant column of the online Application Form and also shall submit self-attested copy of relevant certificates in support of their claim of possession of Experience in that field/ discipline from the Competent Authority along with the print out of the online Application Form, as and when called for by the Commission after the conduct of Computer Based Examination failing which their candidature shall be rejected.
6. ‘Equivalency’ with regard to prescribed Essential Qualification, if mentioned against any category of Post in the Post-details in the Notice, it is the responsibility of the candidates to submit the necessary Documents/ Certificates (Order/ Letter with Number & Date) in support of equivalence, issued by the Government of India/ State Government or by the Competent Authority, as mentioned in the post details against the particular category(ies) of post(s) in the notice, from which he/she obtained the Educational Qualification, failing which his/her application shall be rejected. It may be noted by the candidates that Equivalency will not be allowed in case it is not mentioned in the prescribed EQ for any category of post in the Notice.
7. In respect of Post(s) requiring proficiency in the relevant language as an essential qualification, the applicant must have studied that language up to Matriculation level and in case the relevant language is not taught as a subject in Matriculation, the said language must be the mother-tongue of the applicant.
8. As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10-06-2015 published in Gazette of India all the degrees/ diplomas /certificates awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grant Commission Act 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Government provided they have been approved by the University Grants Commission. Accordingly, unless such Degrees are recognized for the relevant period when the candidates acquired the qualification, they will not be accepted for the purpose of Educational Qualification.
9. As per UGC (Open and Distance Learning) Regulations, 2017 published in official Gazette on 23-06-2017, under Part-III (8)(v), the programmes in engineering, medicine, dental, nursing, pharmacy, architecture and physiotherapy etc are not permitted to be offered under Open and Distance Learning mode.
10. However, B.Tech. degree/diploma in Engineering awarded by IGNOU to the students who were enrolled upto academic year 2009-10 shall be treated as valid, wherever applicable.
1. Fee payable: Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred only).
2. Fee can be paid online through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
3. Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.
4. Online fee can be paid by the candidates up to 23.03.2020 (23.59 PM). However, candidates who wish to make the cash payment through challan of SBI, may make the payment in cash at the Branches of SBI within the working hours of bank up to 25.03.2020 provided the challan has been generated by them before 23.03.2020 ( upto 23.59 PM).
5. Applications received without the prescribed fee shall not be considered and summarily 10 rejected. No representation against such rejection will be entertained. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor will it be adjusted against any other examination or selection.
For More Info Go Next Page...
6. Candidates who are not exempted from fee payment must ensure that their fee has been deposited with SSC. If the fee is not received by SSC, status of Application Form is shown as “Incomplete” and this information is printed on the top of the Application Form printout. Further, status of fee payment can be verified at the “Payment Status” link provided in the candidate’s login screen. Such applications which remain incomplete due to non-receipt of fee will be SUMMARILY REJECTED and no request for consideration of such applications and fee payment after the period specified in the Notice of Examination shall be entertained.
7. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances nor will it be adjusted against any other examination or selection. Fee should be paid separately for each category of post applied.
1. A candidate must be either:
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) A subject of Nepal, or
(c) A subject of Bhutan, or
(d) A Tibetan Refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India .
2. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
3. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Examination but the offer of appointment will be given only after, the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/ her by the Government of India.
How to apply:
1 Candidates will have to apply for each category of post separately and also pay fee for each category of post.
2. Applications must be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. ssc.nic.in.
3. Last date for submission of online applications is 20.03.2020 (23.59 PM).
4. Candidates are advised in their own interest to submit online applications much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability or failure to login to the SSC website on account of heavy load on the website during the closing days.
5. The Commission does not accept any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the Commission.
6. Candidates should apply only once for one category of post.
7. After successful submission of online application, candidates must take a printout of the application form for submitting the same along with the requisite documents, duly self-attested, as and when called for by the Commission after the conduct of Computer Based Examination.
8. The information furnished by the candidates in their applications will be verified by the Commission with reference to the original documents during the Document Verification. During verification of documents, if it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in the application is wrong, his/ her candidature will be rejected forthwith. The candidates should ensure that they have furnished correct information in the application form.
For More Info Go Next Page...
Important Instructions to Candidates:
(a) BEFORE APPLYING, CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO GO THROUGH THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN IN THE NOTICE OF EXAMINATION VERY CAREFULLY.
(b) THE CANDIDATE MUST WRITE HIS NAME AND DATE OF BIRTH STRICTLY AS RECORDED IN THE MATRICULATION/ SECONDARY CERTIFICATE. IF ANY VARIATION IN THE DATE OF BIRTH IS OBSERVED AT THE TIME OF ENTRY IN THE EXAMINATION VENUE, HE/SHE SHALL NOT BE ALLOWED TO APPEAR IN THE EXAMINATION. FURTHER, IF ANY VARIATION IN THE NAME AND DATE OF BIRTH IS OBSERVED AT THE TIME OF DOCUMENT VERIFICATION, HIS/ HER CANDIDATURE WILL BE CANCELLED.
(c) CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED IN THEIR OWN INTEREST TO SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATIONS MUCH BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND NOT TO WAIT TILL THE LAST DATE TO AVOID THE POSSIBILITY OF DISCONNECTION/ INABILITY OR FAILURE TO LOGIN TO THE SSC WEBSITE ON ACCOUNT OF HEAVY LOAD ON THE WEBSITE DURING THE CLOSING DAYS.
(d) The Commission will not undertake detailed scrutiny of applications for the eligibility and other aspects at the time of written examination and, therefore, candidature will be accepted only provisionally. The candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age, physical and medical standards etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the post(s). Copies of self-attested supporting documents alongwith print out of the online application form will be sought at the time of Scrutiny Stage from the shortlisted candidates for the said stage of scrutiny as per Selection Procedure mentioned in para 17 and at the time of Document Verification. When scrutiny of documents is undertaken at any stage of the recruitment process, if any claim made in the application is not found substantiated, the candidature will be cancelled and the 23 Commission’s decision shall be final.
(e) Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD/ EWS/ ESM must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed in the Notice. They should also be in possession of the certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim.
(f) Candidates with benchmark physical disability only would be considered as Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and entitled to reservation for Persons with Disabilities.
(g) When application is successfully submitted, it will be accepted ‘Provisionally’. Candidates should take printout of the application form for submission at the scrutiny stage as and when called for by the Commission after conduct of the Computer Based Examination as well as for their own records. (h) Only one online application is allowed to be submitted by a candidate for one category of post. Therefore, the candidates are advised to exercise due diligence at the time of filling their online Application Forms. In case, more than one applications of a candidate are detected for one category of post, all applications will be rejected by the Commission and his/her candidature for the examination will be cancelled for that post. If a candidate submits multiple applications for one category of post and appears in the examination (at any stage) more than once, his/ her candidature will be cancelled and he/ she will be debarred from the examinations of the Commission as per rules.
(i) The candidates must write their father’s name and mother’s name strictly as given in the Matriculation/ Secondary Certificates otherwise their candidature may be cancelled at the time of Document Verification or as and when it comes into the notice of the Commission.
(j) Applications with blurred/ illegible Photograph/ Signature will be rejected summarily. (k) Request for change/ correction in any particulars in the Application Form, once submitted, will not be entertained under any circumstances.
(l) Candidates are advised to fill their correct and active e-mail addresses and mobile number in the online application as correspondence may be made by the Commission through e- mail/ SMS.
(m) The candidates must carry two passport size recent colour photographs and a latest photo bearing identification proof such as Aadhaar Card/ printout of E-Aadhaar, Driving License, Voter Card, PAN Card, Identity Card issued by University/ College/ Government, Employer ID Card or any photo bearing ID card issued by Central/State Government to the Examination Venue, failing which they will not be allowed to appear for the same. If Photo Identity Card does not have the Date of Birth printed in it, then the candidate must carry an additional original certificate in proof of their Date of Birth. In case of mismatch in the date of birth mentioned in the Admission Certificate and Photo ID/ Certificate brought in support of date of birth, the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the examination. PwD candidates using the facility of scribes as per Para 8.1 and 8.2 shall also be required to carry required Medical Certificate/ Undertaking/ Photocopy of the Scribe’s Photo ID Proof, as specified therein.
(n) In case of fake/ fabricated application/ registration by misusing any dignitaries name/ photo, such candidate/ cyber cafe will be held responsible for the same and liable for suitable legal action under cyber/ IT act.
(o) All the posts carry All India Service Liability (AISL) i.e. the candidate, on selection, may be asked to serve anywhere in the country.
(p) No admission certificates for aforesaid examination will be issued by post. Candidates are required to download admission certificate for the examination from the website of concerned Regional/ Sub-Regional Offices.
(q) After successful submission of online Application Form, candidates must take a print out of the online Application Form for submitting the same along with requisite documents, duly self-attested, as and when called for by the Commission after the conduct of Computer Based Examination.
(r) If a candidate is finally selected and does not receive any correspondence from the concerned User Department within a period of one year after declaration of result, he/ she must communicate immediately with the concerned User Department.
(s) Fee payable: Rs 100/- (Rs. one hundred only). Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons with disability (PwD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.
(t) All the candidates qualified for Document Verification will be required to appear for Document Verification in the Regional Office to which the Post-category belongs.
Dates for submission of online applications : 21-02-2020 to 20-03-2020
Last date for receipt of application : 20-03-2020 (up to 23.59 PM)
Last date for making online fee payment : 23-03-2020 (23.59 PM)
Last date for generation of offline Challan : 23-03-2020 (23.59 PM)
Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank) : 25-03-2020
Dates of Computer Based Examination : 10-06-2020 to 12-06-2020
See All Other Jobs in our Database