Career for M.Pharm to work on DBT sponsored project at Indian Institute of Technology (BHU)
Banaras Hindu University ranks among the first few in the country in the field of academic and research output. This university has two campuses, 3 institutes, 16 faculties, 140 departments, 4 advanced centers and 4 interdisciplinary schools. The University is making its mark at the national and international levels in a number of frontier areas of Science, Social Science, Technology, Medicine and Agriculture etc.
Post : Junior Research Fellow
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work on DBT sponsored project “Bioluminescence based monitoring of tumor progression and treatment by apoptotic pathway” (SAN No. 102/IFD/SAN/3015/2019-20) for a period of 5 years. The post is purely temporary and co-terminus with the project.
Essential qualifications: First class in M.Pharm / M.S.(Pharm.) / M. Tech. (Pharm.) / M. Tech. in Medicinal/Pharmaceutical Chemistry with GATE / GPAT / CSIR-NET or equivalent examination. The candidates should have basic degree in pharmacy (B.Pharm).
*Position is always available throughout the year for the candidate having their own fellowship.
Desirable Skills : Candidates with expertise in multistep synthesis with knowledge of analytical techniques (NMR, Mass spectroscopy, HPLC) is highly desirable. Candidate with expertise in Insilco based drug design, cell biology related experiments and animal handling is not essential but will be preferred.
Salary : As per DBT norms
Age limit : 28 Years (relaxable for 5 years for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped/Female candidates). All things being equal, SC/ST candidates will be preferred as per GOI rules.
Note: The selected candidate can be considered for Ph.D program after fulfilling the required criteria of IIT-BHU. No TA/DA will be paid if called for interview.
1. The PI has the discretion to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communications in this regard will be entertained.
3. Original certificates and self-attested copies of all certificates need to be presented before the interview for verification. Candidate perusing Pharm need to mention the expected date submission of Thesis.
4. Venue of Interview: Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering & Technology, IIT (BHU), Varanasi- 221005.
Contact no: +91-7082263667,
5. Application must be strictly according to the attached format.
6. Last date for receiving completed application is 15/02/2020.
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications on strictly in the attached application format via email to Principal Investigator Dr. Deepak Kumar at email@example.com before 15/02/2020. Please write “Application for JRF” in the subject line of the email. The shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email.
See All Other Jobs in our Database