Vacancy for Manager in Medical Writing at Syneos Health
Syneos Health™ is an end-to-end, fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions company that works differently. At Syneos Health, all the disciplines involved in bringing new therapies to market, from clinical to commercial, work together to create customer success. Our unique Biopharmaceutical Acceleration Model delivers value across the small to mid-size to large customer continuum.
Post : Manager, Medical Writing
Primary Function :
The Manager, Medical Information is responsible for providing line management to medical information staff, resourcing and ensuring deliverables to meet customer and internal goals.
• Position will be 75% technical and 25% into people management.
• Manage and oversee the preparation of medical information and disclosures, which includes managing medical information activities performed by staff writers and external information consultants.
• Assist with budgeting, revenue, invoicing and forecasting as requested.
• Review and edit documents or sections of documents prepared by other writers (internal or contractors).
• Ensure adherence to client objectives and that quality standards are maintained.
• Support the company's medical information leadership team in the planning, development and implementation of medical information and disclosures strategies.
• Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers.
• Form, maintain, and lead productive cross-functional working teams, including addressing issues that arise.
• Develop templates and guidelines for clinical documentation and act as resource for implementation.
• Contribute to departmental metrics.
• Support medical information leadership with development and presentation of quarterly business updates.
• Develop and maintain departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for scientific communications services.
• Support business development activities by assisting with proposal and costing development as well as bid defense and customer meetings.
• Assist in tracking, maintaining, and reviewing project metrics.
• Bachelor’s of Science, with relevant information experience, or Bachelor's degree in English or communications, with relevant science experience.
• MS, MPH, PharmD, PhD, or other advanced degree is strongly preferred.
• A minimum of 8 years relevant senior level experience in medical/technical information within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or CRO industry and previous line management experience preferred.
• Knowledge of ICH guidance governing drug and document development as well as editorial and publications processes, systems and procedures.
• Track record of successful relationships in building and maintaining relationships with customers, both internal and external.
• Strong management and independent work skills; strong resource planning skills, strong written composition and editorial skills; program planning and implementation skills; and demonstrated copyinformation skills.
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills, both written and spoken, with an ability to inform, influence, convince, and persuade.
Qualification : B.Sc, MS, MPH, Pharm.D, Ph.D
Experience : 5+ years
Location : Gurgaon
Industry Type : Pharma
Functional Area : Medical Writing
End Date : 25th March, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database