Job for Pharmacist at University of Miami Health System | Miami, USA
A vibrant and diverse academic and healthcare community, the University of Miami and the University of Miami Health System have rapidly progressed to become one of the nation’s top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation. A private research university with more than 17,000 students from around the world, the University of Miami is focused on creating a future that cuts across geographic, cultural, and intellectual borders.
Post : UMH - Pharmacist
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implements and maintains procedures for mixing, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals, according to policy and legal requirements, to ensure quality, security, and proper disposal.
• Compounds and dispenses medications as prescribed by doctors and dentists, by calculating, weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, or oversee these activities.
• Calculates the volume of medication required to produce the desired results, to ensure proper dosages.
Assesses the identity, strength and purity of medications.
• Reviews prescriptions to assure accuracy, to ascertain the needed ingredients, and to evaluate their suitability.
• Provides information and advice regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage and proper medication storage.
• Analyzes prescribed trends to monitor patient compliance and to prevent inappropriate usage or harmful interactions.
• Maintains records, such as pharmacy files, patient profiles, system files, inventories, control records for radioactive nuclei, and registries of poisons, narcotics, and controlled drugs.
• Advises customers on the selection of medication brands, medical equipment and health-care supplies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• PharmD degree required.
• Pharmacist license required.
• One year relevant work experience required.
• Able to follow oral and written instructions independently.
• Able to convey information effectively.
• Knowledge of principles and processes to provide accurate information on medication.
Experience : 1 year
Qualification : Pharm.D
Location : Miami
Industry Type : Pharma
End Date : 20th March, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database