Applications are invited for post of Research Associate at National Institute of Immunology
The National Institute of Immunology (NII) is committed to advanced research addressing the basic mechanisms involved in body's defence to identify modalities for manipulation of the immune system to provide protection against diseases and understand mechanisms that can be used to target disease processes for intervention. The institute’s research thrust areas under immunology and related disciplines cluster in four main themes, namely, infection and immunity, molecular design, gene regulation and reproduction and development, where cutting edge research in modern biology is being carried out.
Post : Research Associate
Name of the project & Duration of the Project : Comprehensive analysis of the follicular helper T cell repertoire in flavivirus infection and vaccination. Funding: The Indo- US Human Immunophenotyping Consortium program of DBT, India and NIH, USA. Tenable till : 07.01.2021
Emoluments: The selected candidates will draw consolidated emoluments as per Institute Rules, depending upon qualifications & experience.Rs. 36000/- + 30% HRA
PhD in life sciences preferrably in Immunology with good academic record. Candidate should have demonstarted aptitude in terms of publications in peer reviewed journals.
The selected candidate is expected to work on the cutting-edge immunology to explore the immunological signature of long-term protective immunity acquired in natural infection versus controlled human vaccination. The work will be developed in collaboration with a globally renowned laboratory in USA. Most of the work will utilize PBMCs and serum as the sample from individuals enrolled under proposed study.
Interested candidate should have demonstrated skills in basic or clinical immunology research.
• Hands-on experience in Flow Cytometry, Cell sorting using magnetic columns
and FACS, human primary cell culture, PBMC handling, cloning, RNA isolation
and quantitative real-time PCR is essential.
• Candidates with proven experience in the human immunology research of vaccines or virus infections will be preferred.
General Terms & Conditions:
1. The candidates selected for the above posts will be on contract for one year or duration of the project whichever is shorter, at a time.
2. No hostel/ housing facility will be provided.
3. Applicants may clearly mention the category they belong to i.e. SC/ST/OBC/PH and attach documentary proof of the same.
4. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview, if called for.
5. Apart from sending application in the prescribed format given below, candidates should send complete Curriculum Vitae along with the names of three referees. Curriculum Vitae should contain details of the experimental expertise and list of publications.
6. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may apply directly, STRICTLY IN THE PRESCRIBED FORMAT GIVEN BELOW, through e-mail, to the Investigator of the project, clearly indicating the name of the project along with their complete CV, contact details and three recommendation letters. All the necessary documents should be send as one PDF file. The PDF file should be named as - Name of applicant_Position applied. Only Short listed candidates will be called for interview and they required to submit, attested copies of all their certificates and a Demand Draft of Rs 100/- drawn on Canara Bank or Indian Bank payable at Delhi/New Delhi in favour of the Director, NII (SC/ST/PH and Women candidates are exempted from payment of fees, subject to submission of documentary proof), at the time of interview.
LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 20.02.2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database