The Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology is an autonomous national institute of the Government of India, Ministry for Science & Technology, Department of Biotechnology. The mandate of the institute is discovery, innovation and translation in biotechnology and disease biology. At RGCB, our todays are committed to making discoveries that lead to a better tomorrow. RGCB prides itself for innovative research that integrates theory, modeling, simulation, experimental translational and clinical sciences.
Post : Junior Research Fellow
Applications are invited from suitable candidates (citizens of India) for one position of Junior Research Fellow in SERB (DST) funded research project entitled "Studies of Non - Enzymatic Paper-based Bioanalytical Devices for Point-of-Care Diagnostic Applications" in the laboratory of Dr. Lightson N G at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram.
1. Candidate should have good academic records with first class Master’s Degree in Life Science / Biotechnology/ Biochemistry /Medical Microbiology / Chemistry / Materials Science.
2. Candidates should have qualified national eligibility test (CSIR-UGC NET) including lectureship (Assistant professorship) or graduate aptitude test in engineering (GATE) / or national level examination conducted by Central Government departments and their agencies and instructions viz., DBT-Biotechnology Eligibility Test / Joint Graduate Entrance Exam for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences( JBEEBILS)/ ICMR Entrance Exam / Approved DST Inspire Fellowship etc.
1. Candidates should have a minimum of 1 year of laboratory experience and good knowledge in handling chemical biology laboratory tools.
2. A candidate with prior experience in biosensors and bioanalytical devices is desirable.
Age : Below 28 years as on December 20, 2023. Age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
Emolument : For JRF, Rs. 31,000/- + 16% HRA per month.
Duration : Initially for a period of six months and further extension will be based on performance evaluation.
1. Applications should be submitted online.
2. Candidates who are currently working in Government firms should send applications through proper channel.
3. Last date for receiving completed applications is December 20, 2023
4. If a candidate wishes to apply for different positions, separate applications should be submitted for each position. Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at RGCB, the position will be co terminus with end of the project.
Applications which are not in the prescribed format will summarily be rejected.
Only those fulfilling the above criteria need apply. Applicants will be short listed for the ONLINE selection interview based on eligibility criteria. Selection of suitable candidates will be made based on qualifications and performance in the selection interview.
See All Other Jobs in our Database