UIC is among the nation’s preeminent urban public research universities, a Carnegie RU/VH research institution, and the largest university in Chicago. UIC serves over 34,000 students, comprising one of the most diverse student bodies in the nation and is designated as a Minority Serving Institution (MSI), an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution (AANAPSI) and a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). Through its 16 colleges, UIC produces nationally and internationally recognized multidisciplinary academic programs in concert with civic, corporate and community partners worldwide, including a full complement of health sciences colleges. By emphasizing cutting-edge and transformational research along with a commitment to the success of all students, UIC embodies the dynamic, vibrant and engaged urban university. Recent “Best Colleges” rankings published by U.S. News & World Report, found UIC climbed up in its rankings among top public schools in the nation and among all national universities. UIC has nearly 260,000 alumni, and is one of the largest employers in the city of Chicago.
Post : Postdoctoral Research Associate – Zhao Lab, Dept. of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Duties & Responsibilities
• Developing/applying genetic engineering or biomaterial tools to modify immune cells
• Designing nanoparticle- and cell-based immunotherapies
• Supporting pharmacological studies using clinically relevant in vitro and in vivo animal models
• Prepare manuscripts
• Write fellowship applications
• Participate in research symposia
• Assist with training and maintenance of the lab.
• Ph.D. degree in Immunology, Cell Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or a related discipline by the time of appointment.
• Preferred Qualifications
• Expertise in two or more of the following areas: Viral or non-viral vector-based genetic engineering, gene editing, immunoengineering, cell therapy, biomaterials, microfluidics, computational Modeling, cancer research, animal models, drug delivery, and nanomedicine. Preference will be given to candidates who have background or trainings in immunology, cell biology, or molecular biology.
• Additional expertise in in vivo experiments, mammalian cell culture, PCR, western blotting, flow cytometry, and molecular biology techniques will be preferable.
• Strong track record of publications in high-impact journals.
• Self-motivated and well organized.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Be able to conduct research independently and to work collaboratively with other fellows and students in the lab.
Qualification : Ph.D. degree
Location : Chicago, IL USA
Industry Type : Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
End Date : January 31, 2023
See All Other Jobs in our Database