Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur was established in 2008, to foster technology education and research in India. The Institute is committed to technological thought and action to benefit the economic development of India. Scholarship in teaching and learning; Scholarship in research and creative accomplishments; and relevance to Industry are three driving forces for us at IIT Jodhpur.
Applications are invited from the citizen of India for filling up the following temporary position in the Sponsored Project at this Institute. The position is purely temporary, initially for a period of 01 Year, and same extendable but co-terminus with the duration of the project, on contractual basis with consolidated pay.
Post : Junior Research Fellow
Project No. : S/MOA/MTM/AA/20210105
Project Title : Centre of Excellence in "Ayurtech for Integrative precision Health and Medicine"
Name of the Project Investigator : Prof. Mitali Mukerji, Prof.Ajay Agarwal
Duration for initial appointment : 01 Year
Consolidate Pay : Rs. 31,000/- + HRA (As per Institute Norms)
Minimum Qualification and Experience Eligibility : M.Sc. in Organic Chemistry / Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Chemistry / Any related area in Chemistry.
Desirable Qualification : Experience with Synthetic Organic Chemistry, column chromatography, performing reactions and characterization using spectroscopic techniques.
Brief description of Project : The project will involve work in the area of isolation and synthesis of natural products in search of potential targets for diseases.
Job Description : Isolation of natural products from crude extract of the plants followed by their laboratory synthesis performing varied reactions and finally confirmation of the structure using spectroscopic analysis.
Maximum Age : 35 Years
General Instructions to Applicant(s)
1. The post(s) is purely temporary and contractual for a period of 01 year and extension based on satisfactory performance, but co-terminus with the duration of the project
2. Application which is incomplete, not in prescribed format, without photograph or unsigned will be summarily rejected.
3. Certificate in support of experience should be in proper format i.e. it should be on the organizations letter head, bear the date of issue, specific period of work, name and designation of the issuing authority along with his signature.
4. Institute reserves the right to: a. Fix, modify or revise the eligibility conditions, age and selection criteria as per its requirements, at any time. b. Fill up the post, not to fill up the post or cancel the advertisement in whole or partly without assigning any reason. c. Place a reasonable limit on the total number of candidates to be called for the Written Test and/or Skill Test, Interview.
5. The Institute shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at the time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedents/background and has suppressed the said information, then his/her services shall be terminated.
6. Higher initial pay may be given to exceptionally qualified/deserving candidate.
7. No TA/DA shall be paid to the candidates for attending the interview.
8. No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding interview and reasons for not being called for interview.
9. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
10. No interim correspondence will be entertained.
11. No need to send hard copy.
The candidates possessing the requisite qualification and experience should apply through the ONLINE process up to 04 January 2023. The candidates are advised to send a soft copy of the application with all relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please mention the advertisement number in the subject line of the email). No need to send a hard copy.
See All Other Jobs in our Database