Applications are invited, in duplicate, from eligible candidates for filling up one post of Deputy Drug Controller (Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy), Ministry of Ayush, Government of India.
Post : Deputy Drug Controller (Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy)
Mode of Recruitment : Deputation(ISTC)/Promotion
Scale of pay/ Grade Pay : Level 12 of the pay matrix (Rs.78,800-2,09,200)
Remarks :- plus NPA for BAMS/BSMS/BUMS/BHMS qualification holders
Age limit for applying (as on the closing date for receipt of application) : Not exceeding 56 years
Officers under the Central/ State Governments/ Union territories/ Recognized Research Institutions/Public Sector Undertakings(PSUs)/Autonomous or Statutory Organizations:
(a) (i) holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent cadre/department;
(ii) with five years service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in Level-11 (Rs.67,700- 2,08,700) in the pay matrix or equivalent in the parent cadre/department;
(b) Possessing a degree in Ayurveda/Siddha/Unani/ Homoeopathy or degree in Pharmacy of (Ayurveda/Siddha/ Unani/Homoeopathy) conferred by a University recognized by the Central or State Government for this purpose.
(c) Ten year professional experience in manufacturing/testing/regulation of Ayurveda/Siddha/Unani/ Homoeopathy drugs.
Note 1:- The departmental Assistant Drug Controller of Ayurveda/Siddha/Unani/Homoeopathy in Level-11 of Pay Matrix (Rs. 67,700 - Rs. 2,08,700) with five years of regular service in the grade having the educational qualifications and experience prescribed for deputationists shall also be considered along with outsiders and in case he/she is selected for appointment to the post, the same shall be deemed to have been filled by promotion.
Note 2:- Period of deputation (including short term contract) including period of deputation (ISTC) in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organization/department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not to exceed four years. The maximum age limit for appointment by transfer on deputation (ISTC) shall be not exceeding 56 years as on the closing date of the receipt of applications.
Tenure of appointment : From the date of joining on the post to four years or upto the date of retirement in the parent organization, whichever is earlier.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) To act as Head and Coordinator for the Drug Control Cell/AYUSH Vertical in CDSCO for regulation of Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy drugs at the central level and handling of industry issues.
2) Responsible for Secretarial work or ASUDTAB, ASUDCC and Sub-committee or Expert Committee for Homoeopathy drugs;
3) Coordination with PCIM and H and respective Pharmacopoeia Committees in the matters of quality and standards of ASU and H drugs.
4) To assist Drug Controller General (India) in uniform implementation of various provisions of Drugs and Cosmetics Act and Rules and Drugs and Magic Remedies Act and Rules related to ASU and H Drugs ;
5) To assist DCG(I) in coordinating with the State Licensing Authorities/Drug Controllers of ASU and H Drugs with respect to enforcement of relevant legal provisions, regulatory inspection or for WHO-GM P/CoPP certification of manufacturing units and approval or licensing of laboratories under Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945 and investigation of adulterated/misbranded/spurious/ sub-standard Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy drugs moving in the inter-state commerce;
6) To examine the technical matters of ASU and H drugs arising out of the provisions of Drugs and Cosmetics Act 1940 and Rules 1945 and Drugs and Magic Remedies Act, 1954 and Rules there under for imparting advice for uniform implementation of various provisions pertaining to Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy drugs.
7) To supervise the activities and work performance of respective Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy Drug Inspectors and Assistant Drug Controllers and provide them necessary guidance and training.
8) To assist in the processing, decision making and making of replies/comments in the ASU and H drugs related technical or legal matters received from States, Central Ministries/Departments, Parliament, Parliamentary Committees, Courts and Public.
9) To act as Appellate Authority for disposal of RTI appeals and public grievances related to ASU and H drugs.
10) To provide technical assistance or report as and when required by the Deputy Drug Controller (ASU and H), DCGI, Ministry of AYUSH/Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in respect of ASU and H drugs.
Place of duty : Ministry of Ayush, New Delhi.
General Instructions : Applications not received through proper channel as well as those received after closing date of receipt of Application shall not be entertained and summarily rejected.
Last Date for receipt of applications : The application complete in all respect in duplicate should reach in the prescribed proforma through proper channel to Shri Abdul Sadiq Khan, Under Secretary, Establishment-I Division, Ministry of Ayush, Government of India, AYUSH Bhawan, B-Block, GPO Complex, INA, New Delhi-110023 within 60 days from the date of publication of the advertisement for this post in the employment newspapers.
See All Other Jobs in our Database