Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University was established as a State University vide U.P. State Government notification no. (10)/(865)/15/(75)(85)/64 dated 23 November 1973. It has a rare distinction of taking birth through a powerful popular movement during early seventies in the last century. This movement symbolized the hopes and aspirations of the masses of the region of Garhwal for the development through higher education. The people of this remote mountainous region agitated for opening a university at this small but historic semi rural town of Srinagar. It was an expression of the quest for empowering their future generations for overcoming endemic economic and social backwardness, geographic and environmental constraints, re-assertion of cultural identity and harnessing of the local natural and human resources for development.
The Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University (A Central University) invites on-line applications from eligible candidates for the regular posts of Professors (Entry pay of Rs. 144200/- in the Academic Pay level 14 as per 7th CPC), Associate Professors (Entry pay of Rs. 131400/- in the Academic Pay level 13A as per 7th CPC) and Assistant Professors (Entry pay of Rs. 57700/- in the Academic Pay level 10 as per 7th CPC) as per following details:
Professor (Pay Level – 14)
Botany & Microbiology - 02 posts
Zoology - 01 post
Chemistry - 01 post
Pharmaceutical Science - 03 posts
Associate Professor (Pay Level – 13A)
Biotechnology - 01 post
Botany - 01 post
Microbiology - 01 post
Environmental Science - 01 post
Zoology - 01 post
Chemistry - 01 post
Pharmaceutical Chemistry - 01 post
Pharmaceutical Science - 04 posts
Assistant Professor (Pay Level – 10)
Botany - 05 posts
Microbiology - 02 posts
Biotechnology - 01 post
Zoology - 05 posts
Analytical Chemistry - 01 post
Chemistry - 03 posts
Pharmaceutical Science - 05 posts
Pharmaceutical Chemistry - 01 post
1. The qualification and experience required for teaching posts will be as per UGC Regulations on Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education, 2018 and its subsequent amendments including University Grants Commission (Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and other Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education), 2021dated 11th October,2021.
2. Qualifications prescribed by the UGC Regulation 2018, AICTE,Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) and NCTE shall be applicable for the posts of concerned / relevant subjects.
Professor & Associate Professor
1. UR/OBC/EWS Category : 1000/-
2. SC/ST/PwBD Category and Women applicants : 500/-
1. UR/OBC/EWS Category : 500/-
2. SC/ST/PwBD Category and Women applicants : Nil
• Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
• Payment should be made online only, through credit/debit card/Net Banking.
• Applicants applying for more than one post/department must apply separately and pay fees separately.
• Applicants applied against earlier Advt. No. RO/2019/358A dated 31.07.2019 and HNBGU/Admin.(T) /2019/02-03 dated 22-08-2019 for such posts where selection process could not be completed are mandatorily required to apply afresh, however, such applicants are exempted from payment of the application fee.
General Instructions, Essential Information and Clarifications
1. Applicants are required to apply online.
2. All applicants are required to apply online in the prescribed format with complete, correct information and attachments. The applicant will be solely responsible for the authenticity of the submitted information. Applicants are required to fill the application form as available on the University website hnbgu.ac.in. The details regarding qualifications, experience, screening guidelines and indicative proformas etc. are available on the University website hnbgu.ac.in, along with this advertisement. The applicants are required to read these details before filling up the form. 3. The applications received shall be screened as per Screening Guidelines of the UGC Regulations and relevant rules of the University for short-listing and recommending the applicants to be called for interview.
4. The direct recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor in the University shall be on the basis of merit through all India advertisement and selections by the duly constituted Selection Committees.
5. Applicants should possess the prescribed qualifications and experience as on the closing date of application, as prescribed by the University from time to time for the respective posts. The posts advertised carry UGC pay scales plus admissible allowances. The posts are being advertised keeping in view the broad areas of specialization in subjects. However, the Department concerned may have specific requirement of specialization.
6. Candidates who have been awarded Ph.D. from foreign Universities should enclose “Equivalence Certificate”, issued by the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi, without which their candidature will not be considered and application will be rejected. However, the persons who have acquired Ph.D. Degree from Foreign University through nomination by the Ministry of Education (earlier known as MHRD) foreign scholarship programme will be exempted from the Equivalency Certificate.
7. All the qualifications and experience will be counted up to the closing date of online applications. Any additional qualification and experience acquired after the closing date will not be taken into account at the time of screening/selection.
8. Mere fulfilling eligibility conditions will not entitle any candidate to be called for interview. Stringent criteria will be applied for short-listing the candidates. The University reserves the right to place reasonable limit on the total number of candidates to be called for interview. The University may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview on the basis of higher norms than the minimum prescribed qualification and experience or by any other condition the University may deem to be fit.
9. In respect of the points connected with standard publications and API score, the decision of the Screening Committee/University Authority will be final.
10. Candidates are required to mention the serial number of the journal as indicated by UGC Care list, impact factor (JCR) and author status related to all the publications. The proof of status of journal like peer reviewed /UGC Care listed/Scopus Index etc, impact factor, authorship claim etc. should be provided with valid document proofs, failing to which points will not be given as per the claim, hence University will not be responsible for any mistake in score.
11. Any errors and omissions detected in the advertisement and the process of selection are subject to rectification by the university.
12. The candidates from Non-Government organizations are required to submit Form-16 for claiming their monthly emoluments in support of their claimed experience.
13. As per Act, Statutes and Rules of the University, the appointing authority for all regular teaching posts is Executive Council of the University. 14. A person registered as Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card holder under section 7A of the Citizenship Act, 1955, is also eligible to apply. 15. In order to avoid last minute rush, the applicants are advised to apply early.
16. The reservation for applicants from SC, ST, EWS,OBC (non-creamy layer), and Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) categories will be applicable as per UGC/GoI Rules.
17. Applicants seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwBD categories must upload the necessary documents justifying the claim of respective reservation as per Govt. of India lists/rules/norms. The certificate uploaded should be in the format prescribed by the Union Government and should be digitally verifiable.
18. All necessary scanned documents being uploaded with on-line application form must be of high resolution, good quality, clearly readable and should be digitally verifiable, failing which, application form shall be summarily rejected and no correspondence shall be entertained by the University in this regard. Therefore, applicants are strictly advised to ensure uploading of documents accordingly.
19. In case the applicant wants to claim benefits under the PwBD category, the applicant’s relevant disability should not be less than 40 per cent. Proof to this effect in the form of a valid Disability Certificate must be uploaded with the application.
20. The reservations/relaxations to SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PWD/EWS candidates will be provided as per the existing Govt. of India/UGC rules. The SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PWD/EWS candidates must upload the relevant certificate as per format prescribed by the Government of India. OBC certificate (Non Creamy Layer) and EWS certificate should be issued on or after 01.04.2021.Applicants should ascertain that they belong to the reserved categories (caste) enlisted in the Central List for the Other Backward Classes. If the relevant certificates for respective reserved categories are not uploadedwith the application, the application shall be rejected.
21. Consequent upon adoption of self-certification provisions as required by the Govt. of India, the University shall process the applications entirely on the basis of information/documents uploaded with the application. In case the information/documents are found to be false/ incorrect by way of omission or commission, the responsibility shall lie solely with the applicant and the applicant shall be liable for action as per law.
22. All appointments made shall be provisional and subject to verification of certificates through proper channels. The University shall verify the documents and antecedents of the applicant at the time of appointment or anytime during the tenure of the service. In case it is found at any point of time that any documents / information submitted by the candidate is false or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information, the services of the selected candidate shall be terminated forthwith without assigning any further reasons and without prejudice to such further action as may be taken under the provisions of Indian Panel Code for production of false certificates.
23. Any type of corrigendum/addendum/amendments/notice/updation etc. related to this advertisement shall be uploaded on University website hnbgu.ac.in only. The University will not send any further information/call letters by post/newspapers. The University will not be responsible for invalid/wrong email ID and Mobile No. filled by the candidates in application form. Therefore, it is the responsibility of the candidates to mention correct contact details and regularly check their e-mail, SMS and University website hnbgu.ac.in for updates, if any.
24. The applicants serving in Government/Semi-Government organizations/Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous Organizations must upload the NOC issued by their employer. In case the candidate is unable to get NOC from his/her employer for whatsoever reasons at the time of filling application, he/she may apply online as advance copy and NOC may be submitted at time of interview, failing which his/her candidature will not be considered and he/she may not be allowed to appear in the interview.
25. All correspondence from the University including interview letter, if applicable, shall be sent only to the email address provided by the applicant in the online application form.
26. The University further reserves the right to amend the number of posts or not to fill any of the posts mentioned in the advertisement at its discretion without assigning any reason thereof and the decision of the University in this regard will be final.
27. Any consequential vacancies arising at the time of interview may also be filled up from the available shortlisted candidates.
28. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after the issuance of offer letter, the University reserves right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication/offer made to the applicants.
29. In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the University shall be final. Applicants are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess the essential qualifications laid down in the advertisement.
30. No TA/DA shall be paid to candidates for attending interview. 31. The last date for submission of the form shall be as specified in the advertisement.
32. Canvassing in any form will lead to cancellation of candidature.
33. The appointment of a fresh candidate will be subject to police verification. In case, the report of the police with regard to his/her conduct, character, antecedent etc. is not found to be satisfactory, the provisional appointment shall be withdrawn/cancelled/terminated forthwith without notice.
34. The University may/may not draw reserve panel(s) against possible vacancies in future.
35. The University may provide posting/transfer to any employee of the University in any of its campuses.
36. Any dispute regarding the recruitment will fall under the jurisdiction of Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand.
1. Applicants applied against earlier Advt. No. RO/2019/358A dated 31.07.2019 and HNBGU/Admin.(T) /2019/02-03 dated 22-08-2019 for such posts where selection process could not be completed are mandatorily required to apply afresh, however, such applicants are exempted from payment of the application fee.
2. The applicants are required to carefully read the General Instructions before the filling up the application form. They are also advised to visit the website hnbgu.ac.in periodically for further information related to recruitment process as all further information in this regard will be posted on the University Website only.
3. The application form will be entertained through on-line mode only, however, applicants are also required to take print out of duly filled on-line application form and submit self attested hard copy along with requisite/uploaded certificates/documents through Registered post/ Speed post/ Courier/ by hand on the following University address latest by 31-12-2021(Friday) on or before 4:00 pm. At the top of the envelope “Application for the post of_________subject________” need to be mentioned clearly.
Address for Correspondence: -
Assistant Registrar (Admin.-Teaching/Recruitment) Ist Floor,
Administrative Building HNB Garhwal University, Srinagar (Garhwal),
Dist: Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand, INDIA, PIN : 246 174
See All Other Jobs in our Database