National Institute for Research in Environmental Health (NIREH), Bhopal, is one of the permanent institutes of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), a Government of India’s apex autonomous organization for bio-medical research in the country. Historical Indian Council of Medical Research, an apex national body in biomedical research in India, after the Methyl Isocynate (MIC) gas/toxic gas disaster in the night of 2nd and 3rd December, 1984 in Bhopal set up, a Coordinating Unit in 1985 and initiated several research programmes. This Coordinating Unit was soon upgraded to Bhopal Gas Disaster Research Centre in 1986 to undertake long term epidemiological studies. Almost all Clinical research projects from 1985 to 1994 covering radiological , mental health, respiratory afflictions including pulmonary function and arterial blood gases, pregnancy outcome, neurological, immunological, mutagenic and genotoxic aspects were accomplished to their logical conclusions.
Post : Senior Research Fellow (SRF)
Applications are invited in the prescribed format for appearing in the walk-in-written test/personal discussion for the following purely temporary project post, tenable at ICMR-NIREH for the period co-terminus with the project. Candidates possessing required qualifications, experience and age may attend the walk-inwritten test/personal discussion at ICMR-NIREH, Bhopal adhering the norms issued by GOI to avoid the spread of COVID-19 on the dates as indicated in schedule for walk-in written test/interview along with the filled in application form and supporting documents in support of their date of birth, qualifications and experience.
Indian Cancer Research Consortium (DHR Task force) Project entitled “FloNamiR : A nano-hybrid array for quantitative estimation of lung cancer associated circulating cellfree microRNAs” (PI: Dr. Pradyumna Kumar Mishra, Sc E) duration upto 3 years
No of Post : 01* (SC) *Scheduled Caste
Salary : Rs.40,600/- pm (Rs.35,000/- + 16% HRA)
1. Post graduate degree in basic sciences or graduate/post graduate degree in the professional courses selected through any one of the following:
i. Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Test – CSIR, UGC NET, GATE and equivalent examinations
ii. The selection process through National level examinations conducted by central government departments and their agencies and institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, AICTE, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER, etc.
2. Minimum 2 years’ research experience (as on date of interview).
Desirable Qualifications : Research experience preferred in the field of nano-biosensors or translational nano-sciences as evidences by NCBI indexed publications.
Max. Age limit : 35 years
Terms and Conditions
1. Interested candidates possessing the essential qualification and experience may come for walk-in- written test / personal discussion at ICMR-National Institute for Research in Environmental Health, Bypass Road, Bhauri, Bhopal – 462030 Madhya Pradesh (NIREH is situated at a distance of 2KM from Barkhera Bonder village on the bypass road towards IISER Bhopal Date and time for verification of documents followed by Walk-in- Interview/ Written Test on the same date : 10:00 AM to 12:00 Noon 21st December 2020 (Monday)
2. Incomplete application, application not submitted in prescribed format and application without supportive documents shall be summarily rejected.
3. Qualification and experience should be in relevant discipline/field and from a reputed institution / organization recognized by relevant authority.
4. Experience shall count from the date of acquiring minimum educational qualification.
5. Submission of incorrect or false information during the process of walk-in- written test and / or personal discussion shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
6. The Director reserves the right to increase / decrease the number of vacancies as per requirement.
7. Candidate should write/tick mark the Name of Project on the top of the application.
8. No benefit of provident fund, Leave Travel Concession etc. will be considered, since the posts are purely temporary basis.
9. Age relaxation to posts earmarked for reserved category will be considered as per Govt. of India Norms. Age relaxation to Ex-Service Man /Departmental candidates including projects works to be considered as per rules of ICMR.
10. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the walk-in- written test/ personal discussion.
11. Candidates employed in Govt. Service /Semi Govt./ Autonomous Bodies of State/Central Govt. should submit a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of walk-in- written test and / personal discussion failing which he/she will not be allowed to appear in written/personal discussion.
12. Written test, if required will consist of objective and multiple type questions based on syllabus as per the essential qualification. If the reported eligible candidates are more than 30, the written test will be held followed by personal discussion otherwise direct personal discussion will be held.
13. Community/ Caste certificate: Candidate belonging to SC reserved category should bring their latest certificatein the pro-forma enclosed herewith along with other relevant documents.
14. All posts are contractual for the duration offered. The appointment may be renewed after every specific period of time subject to satisfactory performance and project requirement.
15. The above posts are to be filled-up on purely temporary and contractual basis, co-terminus with the project & the candidate will have no right to claim for Permanent Employment under ICMR-NIREH or continuation of his/her services in any other project. 16. The Director has the right to accept/reject any application without assigning any reason thereof and no correspondence/recommendation will be entertained in this matter.
17. Canvassing and bringing pressure in any form for short listing and employment will be a disqualification and barred from selection process.
18. Those appearing for walk - in - written test and / or personal discussion should bring with them all original certificates (1) Educational qualification (2) Proof of Date of birth (3) Experience certificates/testimonials (4) Two-self attested recent passport size photograph (5) ID Proof (Eg. Aadhar/PAN/Voter ID/Driving License etc.) (6) Three sets of self-attested photocopies of all documents. (7) SC Certificate (8) Candidates should produce all certifications/testimonials in original for verification.
19. Candidates who fail to bring the original certificates will not be allowed to attend walk - in - written test /personal discussion. Candidates reporting after the scheduled date/time will not be allowed to appear in test /personal discusion.
20. Addendum/Corrigendum, if any, in respect of above vacancy notice shall be issued on our websites nireh.icmr.org.in/ only and no separate notification shall be issued in the press. Applicants are requested to regularly visit the website (nireh.icmr.org.in/) to keep them updated.
See All Other Jobs in our Database