CSIR-IHBT is one of the 38 national laboratories of the Council of Scientific Industrial Research. It is located in the backdrop of snow-covered peaks of Dhauladhar mountain range at an elevation of 1300 m amsl. The Institute has a focus to develop technologies for boosting bioeconomy through sustainable utilization of Himalayan bioresources for societal, industrial and environmental benefits. The institute has successfully carried out mission-oriented projects on medicinal plants, aromatic plants, Himalayan floriculture, tea and selected crops of industrial significance.
Post : Project Associate-I OR Project Associate-ll
Project(s) Title & (Projects Number): “Testing for Diagnosis and CSIR-Molecular and Digital Surveillance of COVID-19 at CSIR-IHBT, Palampur (OLP-0043)”
Post Code : 1901
No of Posts : 03
Maximum Age (as on last date of receipt of application) : 35 years
Stipend (Per Month) [Consolidated] :
For Project Associate-1
(i) Rs. 31,000/-p.m. + HRA to those who are selected through a) National Eligibility tests CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or GATE or b) A selection process through National Level examinations conducted by central government and their agencies and institutions.
(ii) Rs. 25,000/-p.m. + HRA for others who do not fall under (i) above . For Project Associate-ll (i) Rs. 35,000/-p.m. + HRA to those who are selected through a) National Eligibility tests CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or GATE or b) A selection process through National Level examinations conducted by central government and their agencies and institutions. (ii) Rs. 28,000/-p.m. + HRA for others who do not fall under (i) above.
Educational Qualification(s) Essential / Desirable : For Project Associate-1 Essential Qualification: M.Sc. in Microbiology / Biochemistry / Biotechnology / M.Pharm, in* pharmacology from recognized university or equivalent. OR For Project Associate-ll Essential Qualification : M.Sc. in Microbiology / Biochemistry / Biotechnology / M. Pham, in; pharmacology from; recognized university or equivalent and Two years’ experience in research and development in industrial and academic institutions or Science and technology organizations and scientific activities and services. Desirable Qualification Working experience in the area of infectious diseases, handling of human pathogens, infectious agents / hazardous microbes / viruses in BSL2 / BSL3 facility. Job Description: Successful candidates will; be working upon processing clinical samples obtained from suspected COVID 19 infected individuals in BSL2(Plus) facility for qRT- PCR based diagnostic testing.
Tenure of the project upto : 31-03-2022
Email address to Whom application to be sent by the applicant : email@example.com
The number of positions as advertised may vary depending upto the suitability of candidates and access needs of the candidates in the project. The online applications should reach through prescribed e.mail ID shown against the position on or before 17th December, 2020.
All the applications will be scrutinized by the duly constituted Screening Committee and all the recommended candidates will be interviewed over Video Conferencing. The date of online interview will be informed separately.
1. All interested candidates shall have to fill up application form (only as per the format annexed) and send in a single pdf file only through prescribed e.mail ID shown against the position. Please do not attach any documents with application form.
2. In case of selection, the information provided by the candidate in his/her proforma attached shall be verified from the original documents. In case any information provided found false or wrong the offer of engagement shall straightway liable to be cancelled.
3. Incomplete applications, late received applications, applications received through any other mode & applications for multiple posts in a single application form would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
4. All applicants must fulfill all the essential requirements of the position(s) and as well as other conditions stipulated in the advertisement as on 17th December, 2020.
5. It is compulsory for all the applicants to fill up all the columns of the proforma very carefully before submission. No other format/proforma of application shall be accepted.
6. In case of Universities/lnstitute awarding CGPA/SGPA/OGPA grades etc., candidates are requested to convert the same into percentage based on the formula as per their university/lnstitute.
7. The subject for the e.mail must be “Application for the position of_____________* (Position Code____________).
How to apply:
Step-1: Download the application proforma annexed with the advertisement.
Step-2: Fill up all the columns of application proforma very,carefully in own handwriting.
Step-3: Scan completely duly filled application form in PDF format, and
Step-4: Send on specified email with mentioning subject as “Application for the position of___________*__________(Position Code___________).
These positions are purely temporary and co-terminus with the duration of the projects. There will be no right implicit or explicit for regular position for any post in CSIR-IHBT, Palampur (H.P.) whatsoever.
The decision of the Director, CSIR-IHBT, Palampur shall be final for engagement of above mentioned positions in CSIR-IHBT, Palampur (H.P.).
Note : 1. Result awaited candidates are not eligible for apply.
2. No interim enquiry or correspondence will be entertained.
See All Other Jobs in our Database