Sikkim became an integral part of the Indian Union in May, 1975. The Constitutional Provision under Article 315 to have a Public Service Commission for the State was fulfilled by constituting a State Public Service Commission in the year 1978. The Public Commission has actually started functioning from 1982 with the appointment of the Chairman and deputation of the staff from the State Government.
Applications are invited from the Eligible Local Candidates for filling up of various faculty positions in Sikkim Government Pharmacy College, Sajong, East Sikkim under Department of Health Care, Human Services & Family Welfare, Government of Sikkim through 100% Direct Recruitment.
Pay Band & Grade Pay : PB-III of Rs 15,600-39,100 plus A.G.P. of Rs 6,000/-
No. of posts (Subject-wise) : 08 posts
(a) Pharmacology: 02 posts.
(b) Pharmaceutics: 02 posts.
(c) Pharmaceutical Chemistry/ Pharmaceutical Analysis: 03 posts.
(d) Pharmacognosy: 01 post.
Pay Band & Grade Pay : PB-IV of Rs 37,400-67,000 plus A.G.P. of Rs 9,000/- (AGP of Rs 10,000 in respect of Professor)
No. of posts (Subject-wise) : 04 posts
(a) Pharmacology: 01 post.
(b) Pharmaceutics: 01 post.
(c) Pharmaceutical Chemistry/ Pharmaceutical Analysis: 01 post.
(d) Pharmacognosy: 01 post.
Professor cum Principal
Pay Band & Grade Pay : PB-IV of Rs 37,400-67,000 plus A.G.P. of Rs 10,000/- + HoI Allowance Rs 3,000/-.
Minimum Educational Qualification
Lecturer : First Class Bachelor in Pharmacy (B. Pharm.) with Master Degree in Pharmacy (M. Pharm.) in appropriate branch of specialized qualifications recognized by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) and registration as a pharmacist under the Pharmacy Act, 1948, as amended from time to time, including any succeeding enactments, OR Doctorate in Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) in the specialized subjects of Pathophysiology, Pharmacology and Pharmacy practice recognized by PCI.
Assistant Professor : A lecturer after completing 02(two) years of service will be re-designated as Assistant Professor OR A person with requisite qualifications shall be appointed as a lecturer, except those with requisite qualifications and teaching experience as Lecturer/ Assistant Professor in any PCI approved/ recognized Pharmacy College upon the corresponding years of teaching experience, subject to vacancy. [N.B.: Part-time teaching or guest lectures shall not be counted as experience for this purpose]
Associate Professor : 03(three) years of regular service as Assistant Professor Stage 03 in AGP of Rs 8000 in accordance to the Stages of promotion under Career Advancement Scheme (CAS) of the UGC Regulations OR First Class Bachelor in Pharmacy with Master Degree in Pharmacy in appropriate branch of specialized qualifications recognized by PCI and registration as a pharmacist under the Pharmacy Act, 1948, as amended from time to time, including any succeeding enactments subject to vacancy, OR Pharm. D. in the specialized subjects of pathophysiology, pharmacology and pharmacy practice recognized by Pharmacy Council of India subject to vacancy
with 03 (three) years' experience in teaching or research at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent corresponding to Stage 03 and AGP of Rs. 8000 in any PCI approved/ recognized Pharmacy College.
Professor : 03(three) years of regular service as Associate Professor Stage 04 in AGP of Rs 9000 in accordance to the Stages of promotion under Career Advancement Scheme (CAS) of the UGC Regulations OR First Class Degree in Bachelor in Pharmacy with Master's degree in Pharmacy in appropriate branch of specialized qualifications recognized by Pharmacy Council of India and registration as a pharmacist under the Pharmacy Act, 1948, as amended from time to time, including any succeeding enactments subject to vacancy OR Doctorate in Pharmacy in any specialized subjects recognized by PCI subject to vacancy OR Associate Professor acquiring Ph. D recognized by Pharmacy Council of India in any of Pharmacy subjects within 07 (seven) years shall also be eligible for the post of Professor subject to vacancy
Essential: 10 (ten) years' experience in teaching in PCI approved/ recognized Pharmacy College or research experience out of which 05 (five) years must be as Associate Professor in PCI approved/ recognized Pharmacy College.
Professor cum Principal :
05 (five) years of regular service as Professor; OR Requirement: First Class Degree in Bachelor in Pharmacy with Master's Degree in Pharmacy in appropriate branch of specialization in Pharmacy subject to vacancy OR Doctorate in Pharmacy in qualifications recognized by Pharmacy Council of India subject to vacancy
Essential: 15 (fifteen) years' experience in teaching or research out of which 05 (five) years must be as Professor/ Head of Department (HoD) in a PCI approved/ recognized pharmacy college Desirable Administrative experience in a responsible position.
For More Info Go Next Page...
(a) Candidate must be in possession of either Sikkim Subject Certificate or Certificate of Identification issued by the competent authority under relevant orders of the State Government.
(b) Class X & XII Mark Sheet and Certificate.
(c) Degrees in relevant fields
(d) Marital Status (for female candidate). In case of married women candidate, COI/SSC of Husband should be enclosed.
(e) Date of Birth Certificate
(f) Should have Valid Local Employment Card issued by the appropriate authority of the Government of Sikkim.
(g) No Objection Certificate from the Head of Department in case of employed candidate.
(h) Registration Certificate from Pharmacy Council of India or State Pharmacy Council.
(i) For appointment to the post of Lecturers candidates should have of 21 years of age, but should not have exceeded 40 years as on 30/11/2018.
(ii) For appointment to the post of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor-cum-Principal candidates should not have exceeded 60 (sixty) years of age as on 30/11/2018.
(a) Should have knowledge of any of the State Languages.
(b) Should be conversant with the customs and usages of Sikkim.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:
Candidates are advised to refer to APPENDIX – II for Detailed Scheme and pattern for filling up of the faculty position.
7. Candidate should go through the advertisement and read the instructions provided on the web page carefully before applying online. Applications received through any other mode shall not be accepted and summarily rejected.
8. Application fee amounting to Rs 150/- only may be paid online through credit/debit card, Net Banking by Visa/Mastercard. The amount once deposited shall not be refunded or adjusted against any other purpose.
9. The candidates are advised to apply online from our website spscskm.gov.in/ on or before 10/01/2019 upto 12 midnight. Application submitted after 10/01/2019 will not be accepted by the software and SPSC will not be responsible for the same.
10. Rejection list of candidates who do not qualify for the post as per the advertised criteria will be uploaded in the SPSC website on 14/01/2019 and if any of the rejected candidates have reservation on rejection of application, they should submit their grievances along with justification to the office of the Controller, SPSC w.e.f. 16/01/2019 to 19/01/2019.
11. e-Admit Cards can be downloaded and printed by the eligible candidates after a Notice for the same will be published by the Commission in the official website of the Commission. 12. Candidates are directed to bring a Photo Identity proof like (Aadhaar Card, Voters Card, Driving License) alongwith valid e-Admit cards in the examination centre for proof of identity.
13. No TA/DA is admissible for attending the examination/Interview.
14. Admission at all the stages of examination for which candidates are admitted by the Commission viz. Written Examination and Interview Test will be purely provisional and is subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If, on verification at any stage of the examination process, it is found that candidates do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the post will be cancelled by the Commission without notice.
15. The Commission will entertain application on review or RTI/Correspondence only after the entire process of recruitment is complete. 16. Any further instructions/Corrigendum/Addendum would be uploaded only on Sikkim Public Service Commission website.
SIKKIM PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
OLD TOURISM COMPLEX, M.G.MARG, GANGTOK, SIKKIM – 737101
Last Date : 10/01/2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database