Job for Scientist in Analytical Development at Novartis
Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented and performance driven people. All of which makes them one of the most rewarding employers in their field.
Post : Scientist - Analytical Development
1. Independently plan, organize, perform and document scientific experiments/GMP testing/plant activities under minimal supervision; handle several activities at a time - Take over responsibility for and utilize special tools/equipment or specialized facilities as an expert; schedule and perform maintenance and qualification of instruments/equipment - Proactively identify conflict situations and contribute with empathy to solutions
2. Work according to appropriate standards as defined in Quality Manual, SOPs, ethical, health, safety, environment (HSE), and information security (ISEC) guidelines; lead initiatives to ensure proactive compliance and continuous improvement.
3. Provide documentation of raw data, evaluate and interpret results; propose and provide input for the design of next experiments. Review and verify raw data generated by others; approval of test/experiments performed by others
4. Write protocols, scientific reports or lab procedures based on templates or SOPs under minimal supervision
5. Recognize, communicate, address and solve problems (e.g. deviations and unexpected results from experiments) within own and broader area of responsibility; actively transfer know-how or procedures to other departments or external contractors, including troubleshooting and on-site training
6. For technical development units: Develop new methods or optimize existing methods (lab or plant); contribute to development and implementation of new technologies. For GMP units: ensure compliance to cGMP
7. For technology-focused role: Perform information and literature searches under minimal guidance. Actively foster knowledge exchange. Train and coach associate scientists, technicians, temporary employees and employees under training/education. 8. For project-focused role: Participate in function-specific sub teams and fulfill assigned project tasks and responsibilities under supervision
9. Support non-project activities as needed, such as Op Ex, GDP coordinator etc.
Master of Science Apprenticeship in industry (or equivalent technical education) with 5 years relevant experience Fluent in English (oral and written) Basic skills in local site-language, as required for the position
• Awareness for safe handling of chemicals, potentially dangerous materials and equipment.
• Good theoretical and scientific knowledge in the relevant area (e.g. manufacturing, analytical, pharmaceutical)
• Proficient with laboratory and/or technical tools.
• Good knowledge of software and computer tools.
• Good documentation skills
• Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
• Presentation skills
• Advanced scientific/technical writing skills
Experience : 5 years
Qualification : M.Sc
Location : Hyderabad, AP
Industry Type : Pharma
Functional Area : Research & Development
End Date : 15th January, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database