Job opening in MERCK India for the post of Scientist
Merck Limited (formerly E. Merck Limited) was set up in India as the first Merck subsidiary in Asia in 1967. The Company operates both its Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals businesses in the country.
Merck was also the first Merck Group Company to go public in the year 1981. The Merck Group now holds 51% of the share capital in Merck Limited, while the remaining 49% is traded on the Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd. and National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. Merck Specialities Pvt. Ltd., the wholly owned Indian subsidiary of Merck KGaA, was incorporated in 2005.
Post: Scientist-New and Emerging Science & Technologies
Merck Consumer Health has very ambitious plans to accelerate its growth in global markets by developing innovative and high quality consumer health products.
NEST is a group engaged in work on New and Emerging Science & Technologies. The main objective is to identify breakthrough project opportunities early (horizon 3) externally (source agnostic, faculty agnostic) that have good fit with CH and to incubate them, demonstrate feasibility, and get them ready to enter the Horizon 2 (three years or less) pipeline. As a TPM – Technical Project Manager - in NEST, you are expected to have breadth in your technical understanding and mindset that allows you to search, analyse, and manage new products, technologies, and services in line with our global business needs.
A deep understanding of science and technology and how these correlate with our business is the basic requirement for the job. Ideation around new products is the key requirement for the job. You will be required to initiate new product ideas, and convince stakeholders to support and invest in these with budget and resources. Identifying and selecting the right strategic partners to develop these ideas, thus, is the starting point of the job. You will build lasting strategic partnerships with external and internal labs who can execute the proposed projects. You will be required to set-up agreements/contracts with these strategic external partners. In addition, you will ensure robust and high quality development of selected ideas and also that these projects are executed within the agreed timelines and budget. You shall be responsible for managing the project development with our external partners and ensuring milestones are planned, communicated, monitored, and delivered. You shall report to the Head of NEST
1) Post graduate in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biomedical, Engineering, Chemistry, or Physics. PhD highly desired.
2) Excellent understanding of fundamental science and ability to break complex problems to simple parts
3) Excellent English communication – written and oral
4) Excellent interpersonal and social skills
5) Ability to travel globally
6) Good presentation skills
7)Desire to continuously learn about the commercial aspects of our business
8) High focus, detail orientation, corporate savvy, foresight, goal-focus, results orientation, high engagement, thorough, precise, and prompt follow up
9) Cultural awareness and a respect and appreciation of diversity
10) Process orientation but also balanced by natural curiosity and creativity
11) More than 2 years of industry experience and knowledge in developing pharmaceutical and consumer health products
12) Effective networker, getting things done with external partners, as well as building lasting partnerships within and outside the Merck organization.
Location: India- Maharashtra - Mumbai,
Education: M.Pharm, M.Sc
Industry Type: Pharma/ Biotech/Clinical Research
Functional Area: R&D
Job ID: 155711
LAST DATE: 25th January, 2017
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.