Application are invited for Assistant Professor in Dibrugarh University
Applications (alongwith 7 nos. of photo copies of applications) in the prescribed form of the University are invited from the intending eligible candidates having UGC / AICTE norms with uniformly good academic career for the following posts so as to reach the undersigned on or before 30/01/2015 along with a Bank Draft of Rs. 500/- in favour of the Registrar, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh payable at SBI, Dibrugarh University Branch (Branch Code- 2051).
Post: Assistant Professor
Pay Band: Rs. 15,600-39,100+ AGP 6,000/-
Pharm. Sciences (2): [Reserved for S.C. Locomotor disability] Specialization: Pharmaceutics with remarks that the incumbent shall have to teach Pharmaceutical Microbiology paper. (Post No. 2) Specialization: Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
Minimum Qualification and Experience :
i. Good academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
ii. Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET. or Ph.D. Degree (under new regulation)
iii. NET/SLET/SET shall not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.
Eligibility: (1) The applicant must be a citizen of India. (2) He / She must be medically fit both in mind and in body – a certificate duly signed by the District Medical Officer, Dibrugarh District or any competent Registered Medical Officer, approved by the Vice-Chancellor, shall have to be produced by any person who has been appointed as a Teacher, before / she is allowed to join. Provided that in the case of a person already in service of the Dibrugarh University, such a Medical Certificate shall not be required. (3) A certificate about good character from the Head of the Institution last attended or served shall ordinarily accompany an application for any post of a Teacher if he / she is not already in service of the University. (4) The candidate must possess the minimum qualifications for the post.
Conditions to be fulfilled after appointment:
(1) A person appointed to the post of a Teacher shall join within one month from the date of issue of appointment order, failing which the appointment order is liable to be cancelled, provided that in exceptional circumstances, the Vice-Chancellor may extend this period.
(2) Before a person appointed to the post of a Teacher joins in his / her post, he / she shall execute an agreement with the university that he / she shall strictly abide by the provisions of the Acts and the Ordinances. A Teacher shall also undertake in the agreement to submit to the Vice-Chancellor a self-appraisal report of his / her performance annually.
(3) Every person appointed permanently to a post of Teacher shall be on probation for a period of one year. Provided that the period of probation may, for good and sufficient reasons, be extended by the Executive Council for another period not exceeding one year.
(4) Every person appointed permanently to a post of Teacher, on satisfactory completion of his / her period of probation, shall be confirmed in the post unless he / she is considered unfit for confirmation.
(5) The person, after joining the post of Teacher, will be subjected to the provisions of the Dibrugarh University Teachers’ Service Conditions Ordinance.
Advt. No. A- 2/2014
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.