The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay is an internationally acclaimed autonomous public research university and technical institute in Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. IIT Bombay was founded in 1958. In 1961, the Parliament decreed IITs as Institutes of National Importance.
Post : Project Research Associate
About the project : BETIC, IIT Bombay is a leading center of medical device innovation, with team members drawn from mechanical, Biomed, design, electronics, materials, and software backgrounds, who are working closely with leading doctors to develop, test and commercialize a variety of innovative and affordable products. The center is funded by several government agencies (RGSTC, DST, DBT, BIRAC, ICMR, NSE Foundation and others). ICMR-DHR CoE - BETIC Hub is for medical-grade pilot manufacturing and pre-compliance testing along with relevant expertise and quality management system. The work environment provides considerable scope for learning and networking.
Essential Qualifications & Experience : MSc in Biotechnology with 2 years of relevant experience
Job Profile :
• Leading the project and relevant design and development of the Medical Devices individually.
• Product officer delivers specific operations to meet the requirements for medical device development. Define measurable design requirements, regulatory requirements for the project.
• Lead in the planning, design, development, prototyping, testing and clinical validation of medical devices.
• Collaborate to build 3D CAD models from engineering drawings or sketches for medical device assemblies, sub- assemblies, fixtures and tooling.
• Collaborate with engineering teams, coordinate with product teams for development, and report test findings
• Prepare engineering drawings with tolerances and manufacturing plans.
• Interface between various stakeholders to ensure product safety and performance and inform the stakeholders updated on the progress of the product development
• Implement design and development activities as per QMS like ISO 13485.
• Disseminate knowledge and good practices through courses, events, demos, visits, and exhibitions.
• Support training, admin-related, events, and other activities associated with the project.
Pay Details : Level PR-O1: Salary range from Rs.33600 to Rs 67200 + Rs.6250.00/- Out Of Campus Allowance (if applicable) p.m
The position is temporary for a period of 1 year and tenable only for the duration of the project. The appointment is for time bound project and the candidate is required to work mainly for the successful completion of the project. The selection committee may offer lower or higher designation and lower or higher salary depending upon the experience and performance of the candidate in the interview. Candidates called for interview will be required to attend at his/ her own expenses.
Job Reference Number : 50493152
Application End Date : 05.09.2023
See All Other Jobs in our Database