The function of Odisha staff selection commission has been extended from time to time and now it has been vested with authority to conduct recruitment examinations & recommend selected candidates for General/Technical/Non-Technical post of group-B & C (Non Gazetted) service for Departments of Government of Odisha & Heads of Departments under the state government for appointment.
Post : Pharmacist (Group-C)
Applications are invited through online mode only through the website for recruitment to fill up the vacancies reported by different Department/HODs under Govt, of Odisha as follows.
Name of the Department/ Heads of Department in # which vacancy exists for this recruitment : Directorate Prison & Correctional Services, Odisha
No of posts : 23 [UR - 02 (w-02), SC - 10 (w-04), ST - 11 (w-05)]
Pay Matrix Level & Scale of Pay (as per 7th Pay Commission) : Level-7 of ORSP, 2017
Minimum Educational Qualification
1. Candidate has passed +2 Science Examination under CHSE Odisha or equivalent Examination conducted by the Board of Secondary Education or by any other recognized Board.
2. Candidates have passed a minimum of Diploma in Pharmacy Examination from the state Board of Pharmacy, Odisha or from any of the 03 (Three) Medical Colleges and Hospital of the state or any other recognized Private Institution duly approved by All India Council of Technical Education or Registered in Odisha Pharmacy Council.
3. Candidates have registered his/her name in the State Pharmacy Council, Odisha before the date of publication of the Advertisement for Recruitment.
Name of the Department/ Heads of Department in # which vacancy exists for this recruitment : Directorate of Printing, Stationery & Publication, Odisha,Cuttack
No of posts : 01 (ST-01)
Pay Matrix Level & Scale of Pay (as per 7th Pay Commission) : Level-7 of ORSP, 2017
Minimum Educational Qualification : Matriculate with Diploma in Pharmacy
Minimum Age as on 01.01.2023 : 18 years
Maximum Age as on 01.01.2023 : 38 years
• However, the upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SEBC, SC, ST & all Women candidates, 10 years for candidates belonging to PwD category & the total period of service rendered in defence service in case of Ex-servicemen. PwD candidates in the ST & SC category shall be entitled to cumulative age relaxation of ten years over & above the normal relaxation specified for the category. However, a candidate who comes under more than one category shall be eligible for only one benefit of age relaxation as per rule which will be more beneficial to her/him. To be eligible, candidates for the post of Pharmacist not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit, must not have been born earlier than 2nd January 1985 and not later than 1st January 2005.
•. Note for Ex-Servicemen- Once an Ex-Serviceman has joined the Govt. Service in civil side after availing the benefit as an Ex-Serviceman for his re-employment, his ex-serviceman status for the purpose of re-employment in Govt. Jobs shall cease to exist. He can avail age relaxation only. However as per clause-4 of the O.M. No. 36034/2014-Estt. (Res) dt.14 August 2014 of Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Personnel & Training, Government of India, if an Ex-Serviceman applies for various posts before joining any civil employment, he/she can avail of the benefit of reservation as ex-serviceman for any subsequent employment, provided the applicant as soon as joins any civil employment, should give self¬declaration/ undertaking to the concerned employer about the date-wise details of application for various posts for which he/ she had applied for before joining. The applicant should furnish the copy of above declaration duly endorsed by the employer on the date of Document Verification for consideration of the claim under Ex-Serviceman category.
(NOTE: Border Security Force, Indian Coast Guard, CRPF and other Para Military Forces are not within the definition of Ex-Servicemen.)
•. The persons in Defence Forces who are to retire within six months from the last date of Online Application form are eligible to apply on obtaining NOC from the Appropriate Authority indicating there in the date of enrolment and expected date of discharge and year of service rendered in Defence Forces. They should note that they must submit the discharge certificate on the date of certificate verification.
• Sports person candidates claiming reservation must submit sports ID Card issued by Director of Sports & Youth Service Department, Government of Odisha.
• Date of Birth entered in the High School Certificate Examination by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or equivalent Certificate issued by the recognised Board/Council/ by an Indian University as equivalent there to shall be acceptable by the Commission.
•. A candidate who claims change in her/his name after having passed the High School Certificate Examination is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in local leading daily newspaper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of her/his change of name.
a. General criteria of eligibility: -
Candidates applying for the above post should be
• a citizen of India,
• of good character,
• of sound health, good physique and free from organic defects or bodily infirmity
• If married, must not have more than one spouse living
• Must be able to read, write and speak Odia fluently and:-
i. Must have passed Middle School Examination with Odia as language subject, or
ii. Must have passed HSC Examination or equivalent examination with Odia as Medium of examination in non-language subject, or
iii. Must have passed in Odia as language subject in the final examination of Class- VII or above from a school or educational institution recognised by the Govt, of Odisha or the Central Govt., or
iv. Must have passed a test in Odia in Middle English School standard conducted by the School and Mass Education Department, Govt, of Odisha.
• Candidates must possess a valid e-Mail Id and Mobile number while applying for the post and keep the same active till the completion of this recruitment process, to receive important messages from the Commission.
• The appointment will be only against one of the posts carrying pay as indicated in the above table and candidate need to give option for the HODs as per their preference.
• The examination fee has been exempted for all categories of candidates as per G.A. & P.G. Department Notification No.9897/Gen, dtd.11.04.2022.
• Appointments shall be on regular basis carrying the level of Pay as mentioned in the table above. The appointment shall be guided by “Odisha Group-‘B’, ‘C’ and Group-‘D’ Posts (Repeal and Special Provisions) Rules, 2022 notified vide Govt, in GA and PG Department Notification No. 29076 dated 16th October 2022.
• Candidates should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility criteria prescribed for the post as laid down in the advertisement. Admission of a candidate to the written examination & other tests shall be provisional and on the basis of information furnished by her/him in the Online Application Form.
• Online applications submitted to OSSC found to be incomplete in any respect are liable for rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that matter.
• If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in her/his Online Application Form is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria prescribed for the post, her/his candidature for the posts shall be cancelled. She/ He may further be debarred either temporarily or permanently from the recruitment examination(s) conducted by the Commission.
• No Admission Letter for recruitment at any stage shall be sent by post. The candidates are therefore advised to be in touch with the Commission’s website ossc.gov.in regularly to know updates regarding the date of examination, downloading of Admission Letter and to know the status of their applications etc.
• The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application Form well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid the last-hour rush.
• Candidate will give his/her preference in the online application form for office for which she/ he wishes to be considered..
• For those eligible for and applying for more than one post/ service, the Commission will make the final allotment to post/ service on the basis of merit-cum-preference of post/ service given by the candidate and once a post is allotted, no change of posts will be made by the Commission due non-fulfilment of any post-specific requirements of Physical/medical/educational standards, etc. Candidates thus must ensure that they fulfil all the requirements of the posts before giving their preference/options for any post/ service.
Plan and Pattern of Examination
The Recruitment process for the posts consists of the following stages:-
If the number of valid applications is more than 9000(Nine thousand), a Preliminary Examination shall be conducted . Details about the type of questions, mode of examination, duration of the examination, number of questions for the Preliminary Examination will be shared in due course on the website through Notice. The detailed syllabus for the Preliminary Examination is annexed herewith in Annexure-C.
Main Written Examination
Technical paper: 200 Marks
The syllabus of Technical Papers is annexed herewith in Annexure-‘C’
Details about the type of questions, mode of examination, duration of the examination, number of questions etc. will be shared in due course on the website through Notice.
Candidates numbering 02(two) times of the vacancies advertised (Post Wise &Category-wise) shall be shortlisted for Certificate Verification basing on the marks secured in the Main Written Examination.
Important Instruction / Information to the Candidates: -
a. The candidate has to fill in the OMR answer sheet correctly mentioning the Roll Number and other data as required in the place(s) indicated therein and darken the appropriate circles in Blue or Black Ball Point Pen only properly. If the information so furnished is incomplete or different from the application form or not darken the appropriate circle properly then ZERO mark will be awarded.
b. In Descriptive Paper, candidate must write her/ his correct Roll Number at the prescribed place on the cover page of the Answer Book. Candidates must also affix their signature in the relevant columns of Attendance Sheet. Answer Books not bearing Roll Number will not be evaluated and such candidates shall be awarded zero marks.
c. Candidates shall not write any identity particulars e.g., name, Roll number, Mobile number, address, etc. inside the Descriptive Answer Book. Candidates who fail to adhere to these instructions will be awarded zero marks.
d. There shall be no provision for re-evaluation/ re-checking of scores in the Examination. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
e. Sharing of marks with the candidate: Marks obtained by an applicant in Preliminary Examination if any and Main Examination are proposed to be shared with him/ her after final merit list is published.
f. This is a State Cadre post. The candidate, on selection, may be asked to serve anywhere in Odisha.
g. If a candidate scoring more than cut-off marks at any Tier/ stage of the examination is not qualified for the subsequent stage/ final selection due to any reason, he must represent to the Commission within one month of the declaration of the result.
h. Applicants who are Odisha Government servant should obtain a “No Objection Certificate” from their controlling authority and upload the same with the Online Application failing which their candidature for the post will be rejected. At the certificate verification stage they must produce the original “No Objection certificate”. Those who were not Odisha Government Servants at the time of submission of application but became Government Servants subsequently during the recruitment process, must submit No Objection Certificate at the stage of certificate verification. Those Odisha Govt, servants who are unable to produce the No Objection Certificate during the Certificate Verification, will not be included in the merit list. Similarly, if any candidate hides her/ his Odisha Govt, servant status, and found to be an Odisha Govt, servant on the day of Certificate Verification or before, will not be included in the Merit List.
Important Instructions to Candidates about filling up Online Application
• Before applying, candidates must go through the instructions given in the notice of examination very carefully.
• Candidates in their own interest should submit online applications much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability or failure to login to the OSSC website on account of heavy load on the website during the closing days or for any other reason.
• The Commission is not like to undertake detailed scrutiny of applications for the eligibility and other aspects at the time of written examination and, therefore, candidature will be accepted only provisionally. Candidates must go through the requirements of educational qualification, age, physical and medical standards etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the post(s). Copies of supporting documents will be sought at the time of Certificate Verification. When scrudny is undertaken, if any claim made in the application is not found substantiated, the candidature will be cancelled and the Commission’s decision shall be final.
• Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ ST/ SEBC/ PwD/ ESM/ Sports Person must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed in the Nouce. They should also be in possession of the certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim.
• Candidates with only benchmark physical disability mentioned in Claused of the Advertisement will be considered as Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and entitled to age- relaxation/ reservation for Persons with Disabilities.
• When application is successfully submitted, it will be accepted 'Provisionally’. Candidates should take printout of the online Application Form for their own records.
• Only one online application is allowed to be submitted by a candidate for any recruitment Examinadon, Therefore, the candidates must exercise due diligence at the dme of filling their online Application Forms. In case, more than one application of a candidate with different registration numbers is detected, all the applications will be rejected by the Commission and his candidature for the examination will be cancelled. If a candidate submits multiple applications aind appears in the examination (at any stage) more than once, his candidature will be cancelled and he may be debarred from all the examinadons of the Commission.
• Before submission of the online application, candidates must check that they have filled correct details in each field of the form. After submission of the corrected/ final online application, no change/ correction/ modification will be allowed under any circumstances. Requests received in this regard in any form like Post, Fax, Email, by hand, etc. shall not be entertained by the Commission and will be summarily rejected.
• The candidates must write their name, Date of Birth, father’s name and mother’s name as given in the Matriculation Certificate otherwise their candidature may be cancelled at the time of Certificate Verification or as and when it comes into the notice of the Commission. Applications with blurred/ illegible Photograph/ Signature will be rejected.
• Candidates must fill their correct and active e-mail addresses and mobile number in the online application as correspondence may be made by the Commission through e-mail/ SMS. Candidates may fill their correct Aadhaar number.
• Candidates must carry two passport size recent colour photographs and one original valid Photo ID Proof such as Aadhaar Card/ printout of E-Aadhaar, Driving License, Voter Card, PAN Card, Identity Card issued by University/ College/ Government, Employer ID Card, ESM Discharge Book issued by Ministry of Defence or any photo-bearing ID card issued by Central/ State Government to the Examination Venue, failing which they will not be allowed to appear for the same. If Photo Identity Card does not have the Date of Birth printed in it, then the candidate must carry an additional original certificate in proof of her/ his Date of Birth. In case of mismatch in the date of birth mentioned in the Admission Certificate and Photo ID/ Certificate brought in support of date of birth, the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the examination. PwD candidates availing the facility of scribes shall also be required to carry required Medical Certificate/ Undertaking/ Photocopy of the Scribe’s Photo ID Proof, as specified in advisory Notice No.3453/OSSC dated 24.10.2019 available in the website of the Commission.
• In case of fake/ fabricated application/ registration by misusing any dignitaries name/ photo, such candidate/ cyber cafe will be held responsible for the same and liable for suitable legal action under Cyber/ IT act.
How to Apply
• The applicants should go through this detail advertisement before filling up the online application form.
• The candidate may apply for the post as per her/his eligibility as per terms of the advertisement.
• All eligible candidates have to register themselves by clicking on “APPLY ONLINE” button on the home page of the Commission’s website www.ossc.gov.in.
• Those candidates who are applying for the first time have to register for the post by clicking on “NEW USER” button shown on the screen. On submitting the registration form a User Id and Password will be generated.
• On clicking “New user” or “Registered User”, instruction for filling up the Online Registration/ Re-registration and Application Forms shall appear on the computer screen. These instructions should be read carefully before proceeding with filling up the Application Form.
• Step-by-step procedure for registration/ re-registration can be viewed by clicking on “Instruction to fill up Online Application Form”.
Pre-requisites for filling up Online Application Form
• Applicants should possess and maintain a valid e-Mail Id and Mobile Number for accessing the OSSC web portal and to make Online Registration/ Re-Registration and Application Form. Candidates should keep that e-mail Id and Mobile Number (used by them during registration) active so as to receive all important communication from the Commission till publication of the final result of this recruitment examination.
• Recent Passport size Colour Photograph of the Applicant, scanned in “jpg/jpeg” format with file size range of 20 kb to lOOkb may be kept handy for uploading during Registration.
• Full Specimen Signature & Left /Right Thumb Impression of the Applicant, scanned in “jpg/ jpeg” format ranges up to 20 kb shall be kept handy for uploading during Registration.
• Scanned document must be in “Pdf” format between ranges of lOOkb to 500 kb.
• Applicants may keep their required Certificates, Mark sheets, Aadhaar Number & other documents ready while filling up the details of the educational qualification & other fields of Online Application Form.
• Candidate must upload Diploma in Pharmacy pass certificate along with the registration certificate issued by State Pharmacy Council, Odisha (must be in “Pdf” format between ranges of 100kb to 500 kb) at the time of online application for the post
• SC/ ST/ SEBC category candidates need to submit detail information of the valid online Caste Certificate issued by competent Authority in the online application form. If the valid online Caste Certificate issued by the competent Authority is not in possession of the applicants at the time of submission of the online application form, she/ he must give a self¬declaration in the format appended in the online application form.
• Candidate claiming age relaxation under “Ex-Servicemen” category need to upload any one of the Ex-Servicemen Documents i.e. Discharge Certificate/ Identity card/ PPO (wherein the date of entry, date of discharge and period of service rendered in Defence Forces have been reflected). Ex-Servicemen who is going to retire within six months from the closing date of online application may apply for the post by obtaining “No Objection Certificate” from the appropriate authority mentioning therein the date of appointment, date of retirement and years of service rendered in Defence Forces. However, such candidates have to submit the discharge certificate on the date of certificate verification for considering their claims under Ex-Servicemen category. The scanned document must be in “Pdf” format between ranges of 100 kb to 500 kb.
• Candidates claiming reservation/ age relaxation under “PwD (Persons with Disabilities)” category need to upload a valid online PwD certificate issued by Unique Disability Identification (UDID). The scanned document must be in “Pdf” format between ranges of 100kb to 500 kb.
• Candidate claiming reservations under Sports Person category need to upload sports identity card issued by Director of Sports and Youth Service Department, Odisha. The
scanned document must be in “pdf” format between ranges of lOOkb to 500kb.
• The candidate should ensure that the scanned Photograph and full Signature, Left/ Right Hand Thumb Impression and other relevant documents are clearly identifiable/ visible. Otherwise, the registration and application shall be liable for rejection. No correspondence on this account shall be entertained.
• Applicants who are Odisha Government servant should obtain a “No Objection Certificate” from their controlling authority and upload the same with the Online Application. At the certificate verification stage they must produce the original “No Objection Certificate”. Those who were not Odisha Government Servants at time of application but became Government Servants subsequently during the recruitment process, must submit No Objection Certificate at stage of certificate verification. Non Submission of No Objection Certificate shall be treated as disqualification and the candidate shall forfeit his/her candidature for the post.
• Candidates must submit correct data/ information in the Online Application Form. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in her/ his online application is false/ incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otheiwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria prescribed for the post, her/ his candidature for the post will be cancelled forthwith.
Start Date Online Registration : 28/08/2023
Last Date Online Registration : 25/09/2023
Last Date Submission of Online Application Form : 28/09/2023
Last Date of Editing of online Application Form : 01.10.2023
Mode of Application : Online Mode
See All Other Jobs in our Database