Indian Air Force offers opportunities for MALE INDIAN / GORKHA (A SUBJECT OF NEPAL) CITIZENS from States of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Meghalaya, Sikkim, West Bengal, Odisha, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand to join the IAF as Airmen in the Group ‘Y’, Medical Assistant trade. The Recruitment Test will be held at Air Force Station Barrackpore, 24 Parganas (North), West Bengal as per the selection programme given below.
Post : Medical Assistant
Qualification : Diploma / B.SC in Pharmacy
Activities : Physical Fitness Test, Written Test, Adaptability Test – II & Medical Appointments
Districts to be Covered : All the districts of States of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Meghalaya, Sikkim, West Bengal, Odisha, Chhattisgarh and Jhar- khand
3. Marital Status and Date of Birth Block (a) Medical Assistant trade. Candidate should be unmarried and born between 26 Dec 2002 and 26 Dec 2006 (both dates inclu- sive).
(b) Medical Assistant trade (with Diploma / B.Sc in Pharmacy). Unmarried candidate should be born between 26 Dec 1999 and 26 Dec 2004 (both dates inclusive). Married candidate should be born between 26 Dec 1999 and 26 Dec 2002 (both dates inclusive).
4. Educational Qualification (a) Candidate should have passed 10+2 / Intermediate / Equivalent Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English from Education Boards recognised by Central, State and UT with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and with 50% marks in English. OR Should have passed two years’ vocational course with non-vocational subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English from Education Boards recognised by Central, State and UT with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
(b) Candidates with Diploma / B.Sc in Pharmacy. Candidate should have passed Intermediate/ 10+2/ Equivalent Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English. In addition, Diploma / B.Sc in Pharmacy with minimum 50% marks in aggregate with valid registration from State Pharmacy Council or Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) at the time of enrolment will be mandatory requirement.
Note-1. Education Boards (for 10+2 or equivalent) recognised by Central, State and UT, shall only be permitted.
Note-2. Exact aggregate percentage of marks before decimal as written in the marks sheet of 10+2/Intermediate/Equivalent/Diploma/B.Sc in Pharmacy OR calculated as per the rules of concerned Education Board shall only be considered (For example 49.99% should be taken as 49% and not to be rounded off to 50%).
To be eligible to appear in the recruitment rally at Air Force Station Barrackpore, 24 Paragnas (North), West Bengal the candidates shall be required to satisfy the following conditions:-
(a) The college / institute from where candidates have passed the qualifying examination should be within the geographical / administra- tive limits of districts in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Meghalaya, Sikkim, West Bengal, Odisha, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand. If the name of State/District is not mentioned with the name of Institution in the certificate / marks sheet of qualify- ing examination, the candidates shall produce ‘Domicile Certificate’ issued by any Gazetted Officer in Revenue Department or any other official authorized by the State Government of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Meghalaya, Sikkim, West Bengal, Odisha, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand.
(b) Permanent Domicile of the districts of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Meghalaya, Sikkim, West Bengal, Odisha, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand who has passed the qualifying examination from anywhere in India shall produce the Domi- cile Certificate prior to commencement of examination from appropriate authority as given in sub-paragraph 5 (a) above.
(c) Sons of serving Air Force personnel [Officer/Airmen/NCs(E) and Unit cadre Civilians paid from Defence Estimates] whose father/ mother is presently serving in any Air Force Unit/any other Organisation located in the districts of State of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Naga- land, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Meghalaya, Sikkim, West Bengal, Odisha, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand irrespective of their domicile status, shall be permitted to appear in the rally subject to production of latest SOAFP (Son of Air Force Personnel) Certificate (format available on airmenselection.cdac.in).
(d) Sons of Air Force personnel [Officers/Airmen/NCs(E) and Unit Cadre Civilians paid from Defence Estimates] whose father/mother is Retired/Discharged/ Deceased and they are residing in the districts of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Meghalaya, Sikkim, West Bengal, Odisha, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand shall be permitted to appear in the rally subject to production of proof of minimum stay of one year along with original and photocopy of Service Book/Discharge Book/Casualty Service Certificate/Service Particular Certificate (issued from DPO-3/DAV, as applicable) in case of Officers/Airmen/NCs(E) and a Certificate duly signed by OIC Civil Admin and coun- tersigned by CO/C Adm O of the last served unit, in case of Civilians.
Mandatory Medical Standards. General Medical Standards are as follows: -
(a) Height : Minimum acceptable height is 152.5 cms
(b) Chest : The chest should be well proportioned and well developed with the minimum range of expansion of 5 cms.
(c) Weight : Proportionate to height and age as applicable for IAF.
(d) Hearing : Candidate should have normal hearing i.e. able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 meters by each ear separately.
(e) Dental : Should have healthy gums, good set of teeth and minimum 14 dental points.
(f) Visual Standards: Vision requirements are as follows:-
Visual Acuity : 6/36 each eye, correctable to 6/9 each eye
Maximum limits of Refractive Error : Not exceeding + 3.50D including Astigmatism
Colour Vision : CP-III
Note : Candidates should bring latest prescription and spectacle for corrected vision, if used. The prescription must bear the signature, stamp and registration number of eye specialist. Prescription should not be more than one month old.
(g) Corneal Surgery (LASIK/RK/PRK) is not acceptable. Note: Candidates should bring latest prescription (not older than 01 month) and spectacles for corrected vision, if used. The prescription must bear the dioptre measurement, name, signature, stamp and registration number of Ophthalmologist and date of prescription should be within a month prior to appearing for medical examination.
(h) General Health: Candidate should be of normal anatomy without loss of any appendages. He should be free from any active or latent, acute or chronic, medical or surgical disability or communicable diseases, infection and skin ailments. Candidate shall be physically and mentally FIT to perform duty in any part of the world, in any climate and terrain.
7. Consumption of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substance (NDPS). Consumption of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic substances banned under the NDPS Act 1985 shall be a reject criteria for selection into the IAF and airmen found either in possession or storing or distributing or consuming such drugs and substances after enrolment shall be liable for disciplinary action including dismissal from the IAF. ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY TO ALCOHOLISM AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE IS FOLLOWED IN IAF.
8. Body Tattoo. Permanent body tattoo shall not be permitted. However, tattoos only on inner face of the fore arms (inside of elbow to the wrist), back (dorsal) part of the hand/reverse side of palm and Tribals with tattoos which are as per custom and traditions of their tribes may be considered. However, right to decide on acceptability/unacceptability of the individual rests with the Selection Centre. Candidates with permanent body tattoos are to submit two postcard size photographs (close up and distant view) with details of size and type of the Tattoo.
9. Only Sikh candidates, whose religion prohibits cutting of the hair or shaving of face, shall be permitted to grow hair and/or retain beard and moustache. Accordingly, those Sikh candidates willing to retain the same as per laid down specification are to get their photographs with beard and moustache.
10. Candidates discharged from Indian Army/Indian Navy/any other Government Organisation shall also be eligible subject to their discharge with NO ADVERSE ENTRIES. Such candidate has to declare at the rally venue that he is an Ex-employee of above said organisations and produce original Discharge Certificate. In case of serving individuals, they must be in possession of NOC from their employer at the time of rally. If any candidate does not disclose the fact of being employed or that of being an Ex-employee, his candidature shall be cancelled at any stage during the selection process and if selected, shall be liable for discharge/ dismissal from the service for hiding the fact of his employment. Candi- dates discharged from Indian Air Force for any reason are not eligible to appear in the rally. Candidates debarred permanently from any previous Air Force exam due to malpractices or any unfair activity are not eligible to appear in the rally. If found at a later stage, the candidature will be cancelled automatically.
Writing Material and Documents Required. Candidates are to bring the following: -
(a) HB Pencil, Eraser, Sharpener, Glue Stick, Stapler and Black & Blue Ball Point Pen for writing.
(b) Ten un-attested recent (not taken before six months) passport size colour photographs (front portrait in light background without head gear except for Sikhs). The photograph is to be taken with candidate holding a black slate in front of his chest with his name and date of photograph taken, clearly written on it with white chalk in capital letters.
(c) Original and four self-attested photo copies of matriculation passing certificate (required for Date of Birth verification).
(d) Original and four self-attested photocopies of 10+2/Intermediate/XII or equivalent examination passing certificate and mark sheet.
(e) Original and four self-attested photocopies passing certificate and mark sheet of B.Sc/Diploma in Pharmacy, if applicable.
(f) Original and four self-attested photocopies of Domicile Certificate (or) Original and four self-attested photocopies of duly filled Son of Air Force Personnel (SOAFP) Certificate (format available on AFNET CASB webpage) for Sons of Serving Air Force Per- sonnel (or) Original and four self-attested photocopies of Service Book/Discharge Book/Casualty Service Certificate/Service Particular certificate (issued from DPO-3/DAV, as applicable) in case of Officer/Airmen/NCs(E) and a certificate duly signed by OIC Civil Admin and countersigned by CO/C Adm O of the last served unit, in case of civilians for sons of retired/deceased/discharged Air Force personnel and proof of minimum stay of one year.
(g) NOC in original and four self-attested photocopies from the employer for candidates presently serving in any government organization (if applicable).
(h) Original and four self-attested photocopies of NCC ‘A’, ‘B’ or ‘C’ Certificate (if applicable).
(j) Candidates discharged from Indian Army/Indian Navy/Any other Government Organisation. Original and four Self- attested photocopies of Discharge Certificate (as issued from Indian Army/Indian Navy/Government Organisation). Note. Under no circumstances the candidates shall be permitted to appear in the rally without original educational marks sheets/passing certificates & documents mentioned above in paragraph 11. However, candidates with photocopies of educa- tional marks sheets/passing certificates may be permitted to appear in the rally only on production of a certificate from Col- lege/Institution principal certifying that original educational certificates/marks sheets are deposited with College/Institution.
(k) Consent Form for Physical Fitness Test and Medical Tests.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
12. Tenure & Training. Enrolment shall be for an initial period of 20 years (subject to service condition) which may be extended up to the age of 57 years (subject to service conditions). Initially, candidates shall be sent for a Joint Basic Phase Training (JBPT) at designated Basic Train- ing Institute. On successful completion of JBPT candidates will be sent for trade training of specific duration which shall include security training or any other training as per service requirements. Training is however liable to be terminated at any time if the trainee fails to achieve the required standards in academics, profession, physical fitness and discipline or is found to be medically unfit. AFTER SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF ALL STAGES OF TRAINING, THE AIRMEN SHALL BE DEPLOYED ON JOBS AS PER IAF REQUIREMENT. TRADE ALLOTTED SHALL NOT BE CHANGED ON CANDIDATE’S REQUEST ON ANY GROUNDS.
Note-1: Candidates will not be permitted to stay with their family during the training period. Note-2: Unmarried candidates will not be permitted to get married till successful completion of their ab-initio training.
13. Pay & Allowances. During training, a stipend of Rs. 14,600/- per month shall be paid. On completion of training the starting gross emoluments at the minimum of scale of pay including Military Service Pay (MSP) is Rs. 26,900/- per month. In addition, dearness allowance (as applicable) which, in subsequent years, may rise as per the career progression of the individual.
14. Other allowances such as Transport Allowance, Composite Personal Maintenance Allowance (CPMA), Leave Ration Allowance (LRA), Children Education Allowance, HRA etc. shall also be admissible to Airmen, as per relevant government instructions.
15. Higher Education. Airmen shall be permitted to pursue higher education qualification only after acquiring prescribed skill grade in their trade and prescribed years of service as stated in HRP.
16. Perks. Perks such as ration, clothing, medical facilities, accommodation, CSD facilities, Leave (60 days annual and 30 days casual in a calendar year as a privilege, subject to service exigencies), Recreational facilities, transport for school going children and Leave Travel Concession (LTC) shall also be provided as per the existing rules. Group Insurance Cover of Rs. 55 Lakhs at a premium of Rs. 3200/- per month for all Airmen and facility of Group Housing Scheme are also extended.
17. Job Specification of Medical Assistant Trade. As a Medical Assistant, you are to be trained in nursing and first-aid. You will also be involved in management of medical stores, dispensaries and ward supervision and other Air Force duties. Note: Airmen shall also have to undertake any other tasks as assigned by superior authorities.
18. Verification of Eligibility. Original Educational Certificates (10th passing Certificate, 12th passing Certificate & mark sheet and Original Degree/Diploma Certificate & Mark Sheets of B.Sc/Diploma in Pharmacy) and other required applicable original documents like NCC ‘A’, ‘B’ or ‘C’ certificate, Son of serving Air Force Personnel (SOAFP) certificate (or), Discharge Book, Service Book, Service Particular Certificate/Casualty Ser- vice Certificate (or) Discharge Certificate (if discharged from Army/Navy/Government organisation), Consent form, passport size colour photographs and domicile proof (as per Para 5 above) shall be required and scrutinized/verified at the examination venue prior to commencement of Physical Fitness Test to ascertain the prima-facie eligibility. Detailed verification will be carried out later in respect of candidates who pass Physical Fitness Test and subsequently the Written Test. Those candidates who do not meet the laid down educational criteria shall be rejected during Initial verifica- tion of original certificates & mark sheets prior to conduct of Physical Fitness Test and also during Detailed Verification on clearing the Physical Fitness Test as well as Written Test or if found ineligible at any subsequent stage.
Note : The original Passing Certificates / Marks Sheets will not be retained by the Selection Centre. The same will be returned to the candidates on completion of Detailed Verification.
19. Physical Fitness Test (PFT). PFT consists of a 1.6 Km run to be completed within 7 minutes (For candidates up to the age of 21 Years) and 7 minutes 30 Seconds (For candidates above 21 years of age and holding Diploma / B.Sc in Pharmacy). In addition, Candi- dates will have to complete 10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups and 20 squats within the stipulated time to qualify in the Physical Fit- ness Test. Note: Candidates are advised to bring their sports shoes and shorts/track pant.
20. Written Test. All candidates who qualify PFT shall undertake Written Test on the same day. The Written Test will be objective type and question paper shall be bilingual (English & Hindi) except for English paper. Answers are to be annotated on OMR sheet. Detailed procedure shall be explained before conduct of the examination. Duration of the written test will be 45 minutes and shall comprise of English (20 questions) as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus and Reasoning & General Awareness (RAGA) (30 questions). CANDIDATES ARE TO QUALIFY IN EACH PAPER SEPARATELY. Results of the written test shall be declared on the same day. Marking Pattern for Written Test (Objective):- (a) 01 mark for every correct answer. (b) Nil (0) marks for un-attempted question. (c) 0.25 marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer or choosing more than one option as answer.
21. Adaptability Test-II. All candidates who pass the Written Test will have to undertake Adaptability Test-II on the same or subsequent day depending on the local conditions. Adaptability Test-II is to select candidates who can adapt to the environment of Indian Air Force and are able to adjust to the Military way of life. Note: The question paper is a confidential document of Indian Air Force. All candidates to note and understand that access to the question paper is permitted only during the examination. Question paper in any form whatsoever will not be provided to the candidate after examina- tion.
22. Medical Examination. Candidates who qualify Adaptability Test-II shall be medically examined in the month of Sep 2023 at SMC, Air Force Station Barrackpore, 24 Paragnas (North), West Bengal / 10 Air Force Hospital, Hasimara. Medical Examination shall be conducted by Air Force Medical Team as per IAF medical standards and policy in vogue on subject issue. Medical examination would also include baseline investigation as fol- lows:-
(a) Blood Haemogram - Hb, TLC, DLC
(b) Urine RE/ME
(i) Blood Sugar Fasting & PP
(ii) Serum Cholesterol
(iii) Urea, Uric acid, Creatinine
(iv) LFT- Serum Bilurubin, SGOT, SGPT
(d) X- Ray chest (PA view)
(e) ECG (R)
(f) Any other test necessary in the opinion of the Medical OfficeCandidates declared medically unfit can avail the option for ‘Appeal Medical Board’ (AMB) against their unfitness by depositing Rs. 40/- in a Government Treasury/RBI/SBI through Electronic Military Receivable Order/ Military Receivable Order (e-MRO/ MRO). The application for AMB along with original copy of e-MRO/MRO, photocopy of Unfitness Certificate are to be submitted to the representative of 4 ASC, AF within three working days of medi- cal examination. AMB Centre will be SMC 20 Wing, AF, Air Force Station Bagdogra / SMC 11 Wing, AF, Air Force Station Tezpur.
Note-1. Candidates are advised to get tartar & stains removed from their teeth before appearing for the medical examination. Ears should be free of wax. Candidates should be prepared to stay for the medical test for four to five days under their own arrangement. No TA/DA shall be admissible.
Note-2. Request for change of Medical Examination Centre and date of Medical examination shall not be entertained.
23. The recruitment Medical Officer and the specialist doctors of Armed Forces are the final authorities on declaring a candidate Fit or Unfit during initial medical examination, appeal medical board and medical examination prior to enrolment. The candidates shall be governed by Armed Forces standards which may be a variance from civil standards. There is no provision for representation or review after the appeal medical board.
24. General Instructions for candidates are as follows:- (a) The candidates should carry their AADHAAR Card as proof of identity whenever they report for the Selection Test and Medical Test. Candidates from J&K, Assam and Meghalaya who are fulfilling the domicile requirement and eligible to appear in recruitment rally, are to carry any other valid ID Proof. (b) Candidates should be prepared to stay for the entire duration of the tests under their own arrangement. No TA/DA shall be admissible. (c) Candidates are required to provide an active e-mail ID and mobile No. which will be used by CASB for all communications till culmination of the entire selection process and enrolment for the particular intake. It is also advised to preserve e-mail ID and password for all future communications.
25. Publishing of PSL. The Provisional Select List (PSL) will be displayed at 4 Airmen Selection Centre, Barrackpore, 24 Paragnas (North), West Bengal on 14 Nov 2023 (Separate PSL will be published for Diploma / B.Sc in Pharmacy holders). Display list will also be available at Central Airmen Selection Board web portal airmenselection.cdac.in. The inclusion of names of the candidates in the PSL depends upon the performance of the candidates in the rally. INCLUSION OF NAME IN THE PSL DOES NOT GUARANTEE AUTOMATIC ENROLMENT. Enrolment is strictly in order of merit from the PSL subject to medical fitness, availability of vacancies, not exceeding the age of 21 years for candidates with 10+2 / Intermediate / Equivalent including non-vocational course and 24 Years for candidates holding Diploma / B.Sc in Pharmacy, on date of enrolment and meeting other laid down eligibility criteria as and when called for enrol- ment. The validity of PSL shall be 06 months from the date of display and shall be applicable only for Airmen Intake No. 02/2023.
26. If any such candidate absents himself or expresses unwillingness to join IAF or his candidature gets cancelled due to any reason in the trade in which he was called for enrolment, then the candidate shall be marked as absent/unwilling/candidature cancelled in all other PSLs published on the same date wherever his name figures.
27. ENROLMENT LIST. List of candidates finally called for enrolment for AIRMEN INTAKE 02/2023 will be published on 24 Nov 2023. Call letter shall be sent to candidates called for enrolment on their e-mail IDs provided at the time of testing.
28. If there is any variation between English & Hindi/any other regional language versions of the advertisement, English version shall be taken as authentic.
Recruitment Rally : 18 September 2023 to 19 September 2023
The recruitment test shall be conducted from 6 AM onwards as per the details given above. Only candidates fulfilling the domicile requirements (as mentioned at Para 1) and eligibility conditions, reporting at Air Force Station Barrackpore, 24 Parganas (North), West Bengal (rally venue) upto 10 AM (cut–off time) on 12 September 2023, 15 September 2023 and 18 September 2023 shall be permitted to appear in the recruitment test.
See All Other Jobs in our Database