The Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology (CCMB) is a premier research organization in frontier areas of modern biology. The objectives of the Centre are to conduct high quality basic research and training in frontier areas of modern biology, and promote centralized national facilities for new and modern techniques in the inter-disciplinary areas of biology.
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, invites applications from candidates who are Indian citizens, to pursue research in modern biology leading to a Ph.D. Degree. The projects offered for Ph.D. would be in the broad areas of Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Developmental Biology, Plant Molecular Biology, Conservation Biology, Ecology, Protein Structure and Function, Biology of Macromolecules, Biology of Infection, Immunology, Epigenetics, Chromatin Biology and Bioinformatics.
Eligibility Criteria for applying
Masters degree in any branch of Science with minimum 55% marks (without rounding off) or equivalent grade for General (UR) / General-EWS and minimum 50% marks (without rounding off) or equivalent grade for OBC (NCL)/SC/ST, Third gender and Persons with Disability (PwD). The applicant should have a valid National-level Fellowship (JRF/ SRF of any funding agency, e.g. CSIR, UGC, DBT, DST, etc.) or any other equivalent fellowship like DBT-BET, INSPIRE, RGNF, etc. (TENABLE AT ALL AcSIR ACADEMIC CENTRE).
1. Online applications will be screened and eligible candidates will be called for a computer-based written test at one of their preferred centers, or a remote proctored online test on 08.10.2023.
2. Candidates qualifying in the test and having a valid FELLOWSHIP for pursuing Ph.D. will be shortlisted to appear for in-person interview at CCMB in the last week of October 2023. This interview would be of two rounds across two separate days.
A valid fellowship is an ABSOLUTE requirement for pursuing Ph.D. at CCMB, and the eligible fellowships are :
• Any National level fellowship (JRF/SRF of CSIR, UGC, DBT, ICMR, etc.), DST-INSPIRE or any other equivalent fellowship for pursuing Ph.D
• The applicant must first register with AcSIR and choose CSIR-CCMB Ph.D. program as one of the options before applying to CSIR-CCMB.
• The fellowship MUST be valid by the time of joining (January 2024).
• Candidates with lecturer-ship only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination will not be shortlisted for interview.
• Candidates will have to make their OWN arrangements for travel, stay, etc. at the examination centre and/or in Hyderabad for interviews (2-3 days). Travelling allowance is not payable by CCMB.
• Candidates qualifying both preliminary and the final interview will be selected for pursuing a Ph.D. at CCMB. Mere fulfillment of the minimum requirements stipulated in the notification would not automatically entitle a person for selection. The decision of CCMB in this regard shall be final. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.
For inquiries, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates who satisfy the above criteria may submit their applications online by 17.09.2023 through this LINK
See All Other Jobs in our Database