AIMS & OBJECTIVES
In the field of postgraduate and post-doctoral education, the most important function of the Institute is to provide opportunities to train teachers for medical colleges in the country in an atmosphere of research and development. Postgraduate and Post-doctoral students are exposed to newer methods of teaching and given opportunities to actively participate in teaching exercises. The other important objectives of the Institute are to bring together in one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in all the important branches of health activity and to attain self-sufficiency in postgraduate medical education. The educational principles and practices being adopted are best suited to the needs of the nation.
Department : 1. Anatomy 2. Biochemistry 3. Biophysics 4. Biostatistics 5. Biotechnology 6. Cardiac Biochemistry (CNC) 7. Community Medicine 8. Community Ophthalmology (RPC) 9. Dermatology & Venerology 10. Gastroenterology & HNU 11. Laboratory Medicine 12. Laboratory Oncology 13. Medical Oncology 14. Microbiology 15. Neurology 16. Nuclear Medicine 17. Ophthalmology (RPC) 18. Oral Medicine & Radiology CDER 19. Oral Pathology & Microbiology CDER 20. Pathology 21. Pediatrics 22. Pharmacology 23. Physiology 24. Plastic, Reconstructive & Burns Surgery 25. Preventive Oncology (IRCH) 26. Preventive Oncology (NCI Jhajjar) 27. Psychiatry 28. Psychiatry & National Drug Dependence Treatment Centre 29. Radiology (IRCH) 30. Reproductive Biology 31. Rheumatology 32. Stem Cell 33. Surgical Disciplines 34. Transplant Immunology & Immunogenetics
Seats available to all candidates. These seats have Funds Available in the Project (FA) : 60
Seat available only to candidates who have their Own Government Fellowship (OF): 61
Total (FA + OF) : 121
• All seats in a department will be clubbed.
• Candidates will be eligible ONLY for seats in the department that they have applied for.
• Candidates will be allocated seats in order of their merit in the exam.
• Candidates WITH their Own Government Fellowship (OF) can select from both OF and Fellowship Available (FA) seats (where they fulfil the eligibility criteria for the seat)
• Candidates WITHOUT their Own Government Fellowship can select only Fellowship Available (FA) seats (where they fulfil the eligibility criteria for the seat) 24 Ph.D. Prospectus for July, 2023 session
• Successful candidates will be subjected to eligibility criteria of respective Project before admission.
• Candidates who are allotted a seat but do not join or resign after joining will not be eligible for any additional rounds of seat allocation.
Eligibility for Ph. D course (Open candidates) A candidate seeking admission to the course of study leading to the award of a Degree of Doctor of Philosophy must possess at least one of the following qualifications : A.
a). Medical qualification: MBBS/BDS with minimum 55% aggregate marks or MD/MS/MDS/DM/M.Ch. in the subject concerned or Diplomat of National Board of Examination. Candidates who have obtained any of these degrees from medical colleges which are not recognized by the Medical Council of India shall not be eligible to apply.
b). Nursing Qualification: Candidates holding M.Sc. degree with minimum 55% aggregate marks in Nursing Speciality will also be eligible for Ph. D admission in College of Nursing.
B. Non-Medical – For non-medical candidate’s eligibility shall be Master’s Degree (two year’s course) awarded by Indian Universities or equivalent in the subject as per requirement of the project. Candidates holding M.Sc. (Other than M.Sc. Nursing) M.Tech. degree, BAMS & BHMS will be eligible for the Non-Medical Qualification Category. Candidate having eligibility under non-medical category should have at least 60% marks in the last eligibility examination qualified. Candidate possessing Master’s Degree through distant learning course shall not be eligible.
(a) Special weightage for non-medical candidates: (i) Candidates who have qualified the below listed National Entrance Tests leading to the award of a fellowship will be given special weightage in the entrance examination as detailed in method of selection part of guidelines. Such candidates should apply under the Own Fellowship (OF) category and upload proof of award of the qualifying fellowship in the online form.
• Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF
• ICMR – JRF
• ICMR- SRF
• DBT – JRF
• NBHM screening test
• INSPIRE fellowship (ii) To be eligible for special weightage marks, ALL the following criteria must be fulfilled:
1. The result of the above listed National Entrance Tests must have been declared between July 2021 and last date of application i.e. 16.08.2023.
2. The award of the fellowship must be based on the result of the above listed National Entrance Tests. 3. The fellowships should be tenable at AIIMS, New Delhi.
Duration of the Course
1. The duration of the course shall be the time period from registration to submission of thesis. The minimum period of registration in respect of all the candidates who are registered for Ph.D. shall be three years. The maximum period of registration shall not exceed five years. Extension beyond the period of 5 years can be given for a maximum period of 6 months on the recommendation of Dean Committee and final approval by Dean/Director.
2. Further extension beyond 5 years & 6 months can only be given by the Academic Committee for a maximum period of 6 months in highly exceptional circumstances (like medical exigencies, natural calamities etc.) and such extension may not be given retrospectively.
3. The Chief guide of Ph.D. Student shall give clear reason for the delay to the Academic Committee and must present the case before Academic Committee.
4. In case of extension beyond 6 years without justifiable reasons and circumstances as mentioned above, the Ph.D. registration of the candidate shall be cancelled.
5. Failure to submit thesis within stipulated time period of maximum 5yrs. with extension after approval upto 5½ years (6 years in exceptional circumstances by prior approval of Academic Committee) shall lead to cancellation of PhD registration of the candidate.
• General/OBC Category: Rs.2000/- +Transaction Charges as applicable
• SC/ST/EWS Category: Rs.1600/- +Transaction Charges as applicable
• PWBD Candidates is exempted from any Fee Mode of payment: Through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking
1. Please fill the Online Application carefully. It may not be possible to make changes after Registration as indicated.
2. Any Amendment/Rectification/Change/Editing is NOT allowed in Name, Date of Birth and Community Department and PWBD status after payment of application fee through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking and images once uploaded cannot be changed later.
3. Other changes in the online Registration/Application i.e. Nationality, Sponsored to General, General to Sponsored etc. will NOT be permitted after.
4. Applicants may note that further correspondence will NOT be entertained in this regard
Last date for Registration of Online application. 16.08.2023 Wednesday
1. Status of application & Rejected application with reason for rejection. Applicants are required to check on 21.08.2023 through the Registration Status Tab of their My Page after Login. 21.08.2023 Monday
2. Last date for submission of required documents for Regularization of Rejected Application. No Correspondence will be entertained after this date under any circumstances and candidates are requested NOT TO CONTACT the Examination Section. 24.08.2023 Thursday
3. Last date for Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India to forward an approval regarding “No Objection” to the Foreign National for appearing in the Ph.D. Entrance Examination for JUL 2023 session. 24.08.2023 Thursday
See All Other Jobs in our Database