Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) can trace its origins to the Ecole de Medicine de Pondicherry established by the French Government in 1823. In 1956 foundation for new medical college was laid and in 1964, hospital was inaugurated. JIPMER became an institution of national importance under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India in the year 2008. It is an institution established for teaching, research and patient care in the area of health. JIPMER spreads over 192 acres.
Post : Senior Research Fellow: 01 (One) Post
The following positions are to be filled on a purely temporary basis under an adhoc research project entitled “Molecular and Pharmacogenetic marker evaluation in relation to the toxicity and clinical response of acute lymphoblastic leukemia treatment in Indian children (MPGxINDALL)”, Department of Medical Oncology, JIPMER, Puducherry.
Essential Qualifications : M.Sc. in Life Sciences / Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Pharmacology or equivalent with NET/GATE qualification AND 2 years of research experience OR M.Sc. in Life Sciences / Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Pharmacology or equivalent with at least 60% aggregate marks AND 5 years of research experience OR Ph.D. in Life Sciences / Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Pharmacology or equivalent AND 2 years of research experience
Emoluments : Rs. 35,000/ per month+ 16% HRA
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
Experience gained should be in the field of Molecular biology techniques, HPLC/LCMS, Flow cytometry, and NGS
Upper Age Limit : 35 years
The date for Walk in - written test cum interview is on 19 August 2022 at 9.00 am Venue: Department of Medical Oncology, Third floor, Super specialty block, JIPMER Puducherry-605006.
1. Validity of the appointment will be for 1 year from the date of publication and renewable accordingly.
2. Qualification and experience should be in relevant discipline/field and From an institute of repute. Experience should have been gained after acquiring the minimum essential qualification.
3. Upper age relaxation for SC/ST up to 5 years and OBC up to 3 years for women candidates.
4. The posts are purely on a contract basis and no claim for any other regular post in JIPMER shall be entertained.
5. Application form duly filled and signed along with a photocopy of all relevant certificates including experience should be submitted in the office on the day of Walk in - written test cum interview
6. Verification of all Original certificates will be done on the spot.
7. No TA/ DA will be paid for the interview.
8. Canvassing of any kind will lead to disqualification.
9. Submission of wrong or false information during the process of selection shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
10. If the performance of the appointee is not found satisfactory by the investigator, the appointment can be terminated at any time without any notice.
11. The appointee may be relieved from the current job position, with one-month prior notice, failing to do so may be held responsible for paying one month’s salary.
Date of Walk in - written test cum interview : 19th August 2022
Certificate Verification : 9 AM - 10 AM
Written Exam : 11 AM- 12PM
Interview of Shortlisted candidates : 2:30 Onwards
Shortlist published on JIPMER website : 23rd August 2022 (Tentative)
Expected joining date : On or before 5th September 2022
See All Other Jobs in our Database