National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) is an autonomous Institute under the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. NABI aims at catalyzing the transformation of the Agri-food sector in India by being a nodal organization for knowledge generation and translational science leading to value-added products based on Agri-Food biotech innovations for improved household nutritional security. Since its inception in 2010, NABI is involved in research activities for Biofortification, the development of designer crops for improved nutrition, providing sustainable and novel solutions for quality food and nutrition, and the development of evidence-based functional foods to counter malnutrition.
Post: Technical Officer, Senior Technical Officer
Job Description: The Technical officer will be responsible for running and maintaining Analytical Instruments including mass spectrometry equipments. This position requires strong team working skills. All duties and responsibilities will be performed according to laboratory guidelines and procedures and any other work assigned by the competent authority from time to time.
Post Code: 2006
Qualification: BVSc/ B Tech / MSc / B Pharma in Biotechnology/ Food and Nutritional Sciences/ Technology/ Instrumentation/ Agricultural Biotechnology/ Electronics OR equivalent qualification with 02 years of relevant experience
No. of posts: 1 (UR)
Level as per 7th pay: 06 (Rs 35400- 112400)
Age limit: 30 years
Senior Technical Officer
Job Description: The Senior Technical Assistant will be responsible for running and maintaining of NGS Platforms, Microscopy platforms etc. This position requires strong team working skills. All duties and responsibilities will be performed according to laboratory guidelines and procedures and any other work assigned by the competent authority from time to time
Post Code: 2006
Qualification: BVSc/ B Tech / MSc / B Pharma in Biotechnology/ Food and Nutritional Sciences/ Technology/ Instrumentation/ Agricultural Biotechnology OR equivalent with 02 years of relevant experience
No. of posts: 2 (UR-1, EWS-1)
Level as per 7th pay: 06 (Rs 35400- 112400)
Age limit: 30 years
Age relaxation shall be as per the Government of India (GOI) norms subject to the submission of supporting documents.
For men Candidates Rs 236
for Women Candidate Rs 118
General Terms and Conditions
1) The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
2) The date for determining the age limit/research experience/qualification shall be 30 days from the date of publication of advertisement in Employment News. (ie, 27th Aug 2022)
Screening cum Selection Process:-
1. Applications received ONLY through the ONLINE MODE in the prescribed format will be considered. Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. For the post codes viz., 2002, 2005, 2006 & 2007 selection will be based on the written test and/or Skill test.
2. The consideration of qualifications as 'equivalent' to the essential and/or desirable qualifications stated above shall be the sole discretion of the Screening/Selection Committee.
3. Please note that the prescribed essential qualifications are minimum, and the mere possession of the same does not entitle any candidate to be called for the written test / skill test / interview (if applicable). Merit-based shortlisting of the candidates will be carried out by the screening committee (on a well- defined criteria including excellent academic credentials/experience in the relevant areas). However, the institute will have the discretion to fix qualifying marks for the Written Test / Skill test /interview (wherever applicable). Based on the outcome of the interview, a reserve panel, in the order of merit, may also be prepared, which will remain valid for one year from the date of the Written Test / Skill test /interview (wherever applicable).
4) The period of experience shall be counted after the date of acquiring the minimum essential qualifications prescribed for that post.
5) The upper age limit is relaxable for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) (3 years for OBC-Non Creamy Layer) and other categories such as PwD, Ex-servicemen, if any, as per Govt. of India norms. Candidates belonging to the reserved category / EWS/Other categories must upload the relevant valid certificate issued by the competent authority along with the application. No age relaxation will be applicable to SC/ST/OBC candidates applying for Unreserved (UR) vacancies (General Category).
6) For the candidates applying under the EWS category, the certificate issued by the competent authority as per the format mentioned in Annexure “A” should be uploaded (Please refer to the DoPT OM Nos. 36039/1/2019-Estt(Res) dated 31st January 2019 and amendments from time to time in this regard).
7) Upper age limit shall not be applicable for existing employees of the institute or any employee of the Department of Biotechnology.
8) In addition to the usual pay & allowances as admissible vide 7th Pay Commission in the above scales, other benefits, such as Leave Travel Concession (LTC), medical expenses, house rent allowance, transport allowance etc., shall be provided as per institute’s rules.
9) The selected candidates will be governed by the New Pension Scheme (NPS) of Central Government amended from time to time.
10) The appointed candidate shall be considered ‘on probation’ for a period of two years, which may be extended at the discretion of the Competent Authority. Further continuation, if any, will depend on candidate's performance.
11) Candidate may choose to apply for more than one post by submitting a separate application for each Post.
12) NABI shall not be held responsible for any delay in receipt or loss of documents in postal transit or non receipt of any communication.
13) Employees of Govt./semi-Govt/Autonomous bodies/PSUs/ Central/ State universities must forward their applications through proper channel or submission of NOC along with application form. However, an advance copy of the application should be submitted through online application form by the due date.
14) All applications must be supported by self-attested certificates, including photograph, address, telephone, e-mail, qualifications, experience, the status of reservation etc. Application should be properly stapled/bind with tag. No loose documents will be accepted with the application form.
15) Outstation candidates called for the interview for the Post Codes : 2001/2003/2004 will be paid to and fro second-class railway fare for travel within the country on submission of the proof as per the rules.
16) Interim enquiries would not be entertained at any time. Canvassing in any form or bringing influence, political or otherwise, will lead to disqualification of the candidate. The decision of NABI in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application, mode of selection and conduct of interviews will be final and binding on the candidates.
17. For any legal dispute, the courts of law at the Honourable High court of Punjab and Haryana, Chandigarh will have the jurisdiction.
How to apply:-
The eligible candidates shall apply through online mode, and the link will be available in https://nabi.res.in/site/career?category=Mg%3D%3D and also upload the supporting documents as per the given format. Applications received in any mode other than online will not be accepted.
The last date of receipt of the online application is 26th September, 2022 (1700 Hrs IST) for all the candidates including far flung areas. Further, the candidate should take the printout of the submitted online application form and send to us along with all the uploaded documents and two passport size photographs. The same should reach NABI on or before 06th October, 2022 (1700 Hrs IST). Candidates from far fung areas viz., Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep Island, States/Union Territories in the North-Eastern region, Ladakh region of J&K, Sikkim, Subdivision Chamba and Lahaul and Spiti districts of Himachal Pradesh will be required to submit the online application by 26th September, 2022 (1700 Hrs IST) However, the hard copies of the submitted online application form along with uploaded documents and two passport size photographs should reach on or before 17th October, 2022 (1700 Hrs IST) to the following address for the above-mentioned geographic locations.
Before sending, the candidate should ensure that all the documents are self-attested. The hard copies of the complete applications for all the candidates should be sent to the following address superscribing “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ___________ and POSTCODE ______ on the envelope
National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute
Knowledge City, Sector-81,
Mohali-140306, Punjab India.
See All Ph.D Alerts M.Pharm Alerts B.Pharm Alerts MBA Alerts
See All Other Jobs in our Database