Vacancy for Senior Research Fellow at NII
The National Institute of Immunology (NII) is committed to advanced research addressing the basic mechanisms involved in body's defence to identify modalities for manipulation of the immune system to provide protection against diseases and understand mechanisms that can be used to target disease processes for intervention. The institute’s research thrust areas under immunology and related disciplines cluster in four main themes, namely, infection and immunity, molecular design, gene regulation and reproduction and development, where cutting edge research in modern biology is being carried out.
Post : Senior Research Fellow (Project)
Name of the project & Duration of the Project : Project entitled “Immuno-epigenetics study of the humoral immune response in COVID-19 patients from India” funded by SERB Tenable till- 12.08.2023
Name of the Project Investigator and Email ID : Dr. Nimesh Gupta Staff Scientist-IV firstname.lastname@example.org
Educational Qualifications :
M.Sc. or M.Tech. in any area of life sciences with minimum two years of post M.Sc. experience. Candidate should have cleared any National Level Eligibility Test (NET/GATE etc).
Emoluments : The selected candidates will draw consolidated emoluments as per Institute Rules, depending upon qualifications & experience. Rs. 35,000/- per month plus 24% HRA (As per DST OM dated 30.01.2019)
Job description & Desired Knowledge:
The selected candidate is expected to work on the T-cell and B-cell immunology to explore the characteristics of protective immunity in the individuals recovered from COVID-19. Most of the work will utilize PBMCs and serum as the sample from individuals enrolled in this study. Interested candidate should have basic concepts of immunology and expected to have skills in clinical research. Hands-on experience in Flow Cytometry, Cell sorting using magnetic columns or FACS, human primary cell culture, PBMC handling, cloning, RNA isolation and quantitative real-time PCR is required. Candidates with hands-on experience in the human immunology research of vaccines or virus infections will be preferred.
General Terms & Conditions:
1. The candidates selected for the above posts will be on contract for one year or duration of the project whichever is shorter, at a time.
2. Hostel/housing facility may be provided to the female candidates.
3. Applicants may clearly mention the category they belong to i.e. SC/ST/OBC/PH and attach documentary proof of the same.
4. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview, if called for.
5. Shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email about the date and time of interviews. Interview of shortlisted candidates will be held online through video conferencing.
6. Apart from sending application in the prescribed format given below, candidates should send complete Curriculum Vitae along with the names of three referees. Curriculum Vitae should contain details of the experimental expertise and list of publications.
7. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may apply directly, STRICTLY IN THE PRESCRIBED FORMAT GIVEN BELOW, through e-mail, to the Investigator of the project, clearly indicating the name of the project along with their complete C.V., e-mail id, fax numbers, telephone numbers. All the necessary documents should be send as one PDF file. The PDF file should be named as – ‘Name of applicant_Position applied’. Only Short listed candidates will be called for interview and they required to submit attested copies of all their certificates and a Demand Draft of Rs 100/- drawn on Canara Bank or Indian Bank payable at Delhi/New Delhi in favour of the Director, NII (SC/STPH and Women candidates are exempted from payment of fees) subject to submission of documentary proof), at the time of interview.
PS: Due to outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic, the Interview will be held through Online mode only. Please mention your valid email ID while applying for the above position.
LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS : 10.09.2020
See All Other Jobs in our Database