Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Berhampur, an Institute of national importance, is established by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India in order to promote higher scientific learning and research as well as scientific exploration at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels of education and to create scientists and academicians of the highest quality.
Pay Level /Grade Pay : 10 / PB-III & GP- Rs.5400/-
Number of vacancies : 02 (01-UR, 01-OBC)
Upper Age Limit : 40 years
Mode of Recruitment : Direct Recruitment / Deputation / Transfer-on-Absorption
Academic : B.E./B. Tech or M.Sc./MCA Degree in relevant field with first class or equivalent grade (6.5 in 10 point scale) and consistently excellent academic record. Knowledge of computer applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Experience : 5 years’ experience in relevant field, e.g., operation of scientific/technical equipment and support to academic and research framework.
Academic : M. Tech. /Ph.D. Qualifying in the national level test conducted for the purpose by the UGC or any other agency approved by the UGC.
Experience : At least 5 years of work experience in advanced sophisticated instrumentation/equipment like NMR, XRD, EPR, etc. in a supervisory position in Multinational/Research/ Academic establishments of National/International Repute. OR 5 years of work experience in Central/State Govt. or similar organized services/ Semi Govt. /PSU/Govt. Autonomous organizations/Govt. Universities/Govt. Institutes of national importance.
Pay Level /Grade Pay : 6 / PB-II & GP-Rs.4200/-
Number of vacancies : 02 (01-UR, 01-OBC)
Upper Age Limit : 35 years
Mode of Recruitment : Direct Recruitment
Academic : B.E./ B. Tech./ MCA/ Bachelor’s Degree in Science/ Pharmacy in appropriate field Knowledge of computer applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Experience : 3 years relevant experience in handling advanced sophisticated instrumentation/ research equipment such as NMR, XRD, EPR, etc. in a laboratory/ Academic/ Research/ Multinational Academic establishments of National/ International Repute.
Experience : 3 years of work experience in Central/State Govt. or similar organized services/Semi Govt./ PSU/ Govt. Autonomous organizations/Govt. Universities/Govt. Institutes of national importance.
1. IISER Berhampur ensures gender equality in its admission and recruitment process.
2. The candidates are required to apply through ONLINE process. Please visit Institute website iiserbpr.ac.in for online application. The opening date of submission of online application is August 05, 2020, 11.00 AM and closing date for submission of online application is August 31, 2020 till 05:30 PM. The last date for receipt of hard copy of application is September 21, 2020 till 05:30 PM.
3. A printout of the online application form, duly signed in each page along with self -attested copies of certificates of all educational qualification, experience and testimonials must reach the Institute on or before September 21, 2020 by 05.30 PM. The complete application should be sent through Speed Post /Registered Post /Courier. The Institute shall not be responsible for any postal/courier delay. Applications not received within the due date shall be summarily rejected. No correspondence in this regard shall be made by the Institute.
4. If more than one application is submitted for a single post by a candidate, the latest one will be considered for processing.
5. The applicants are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of Rs.500/-(Rupees Five Hundred only) through online for each post. Application fee is exempted for candidates belonging to Women/SC/ST/PWD/Transgender category and Ex-servicemen applying for Group B & C positions only. For claiming such exemptions, the applicant has to submit a self-attested copy of SC/ ST/ PwD/Transgender certificate/identity proof/ Discharge Certificate.
6. Application fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
7. Guidelines for Scanning and Uploading of Photo and Signature: Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph, signature as per the specifications given below.
• Photograph must be a recent passport size color picture.
• Make sure that the picture is in color, taken against a light-colored, preferably white background.
• If you have to use flash, ensure there's no "red-eye"
• If you wear glasses, make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes are clearly visible.
• Wearing of cap, hat and dark glasses in the photograph is not acceptable.
• Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
• Size of file should be between 20–50 KB with a dimension of (4.5 × 3.5cm)
• Image type: .jpg / .jpeg
• The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
• Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred)
• Size of file should be between 10 – 20 KB
• Image type: .jpg / .jpeg
• If the Applicant’s signature on the attendance sheet or Call letter, signed at the time of the examination, does not match the signature uploaded, the applicant will be disqualified.
• Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS shall NOT be accepted.
8. The envelope containing the application should be super-scribed with: “Application for the post of ________” and advertisement no. with date.
9. Candidates are advised to fill their correct and active e-mail address in the online application as all correspondences will be made by the Institute through e-mail only. Recruitment schedule will be mailed in due course to the candidates’ registered e-mail ID. No separate letter (Hard copy) will be sent for this purpose. Further, for any updates, subsequent amendments in the advertisement and results, please visit the Institute website regularly.
10. The candidates applying for any post should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria and conditions for the post. Their admission to any stage of the selection process will be purely provisional subject to confirmation that they satisfy the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of call letter to the candidate for attending the test will not imply that his/her candidature has been found eligible.
11. Any relaxation in respect of Group B and Group C positions, in terms of age and number of years of experience but not educational qualifications, in exceptionally meritorious cases or to attract more number of candidates in professional, technical and scientific nature of posts, may be recommended by the shortlisting Committee for the approval of the Director. In case of Group A positions, it is strictly the BoG (Board of Governors) to accord such relaxations in justifiable circumstances. Candidates having relevant work experience in CFTIs either in regular/contractual/through work outsourcing basis, may be given relaxation in respect of age (up to a maximum of three years) and work experience. Relaxations, if any, shall be only in respect of a class or category of persons. Relaxation shall not be extended to in respect of an individual except in cases where an individual can be treated as a Class or Category of persons. 12. Age relaxation will be provided for SC/ST/OBC/Persons with Disabilities (PwD)/Ex-servicemen, Central Government employee as per Government of India norms.
13. Eligibility of candidate with regard to qualification, age& experience shall be calculated/ considered with reference to closing for receipt of online applications. (The critical date for consideration of age, experience will be calculated as on the closing date for receipt of online applications).
14. Due relaxation in respect of age will be given to SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Ex-servicemen candidates as per Government of India norms, only against reserved vacancies for such categories and can only be claimed on submission of valid community certificate issued prior to the date of issuance of this recruitment notice.
15. In case of Group A post, the selection will be based on online/Skype/Personal Interview and/or PPT etc., as decided by the Selection Committee/ Competent Authority.
16. In case of Group B & C posts, the eligible shortlisted applicants will have to appear for a comprehensive recruitment process. A written exam will be conducted through online/offline mode which will be for qualifying purpose for the next stage. Only those qualified candidates in the first stage will be eligible to appear in the next stage consisting skill/trade test to assess their knowledge in their area of work, hands on experience, analytical, language skill, etc. The selection of meritorious candidate will be decided by the duly constituted selection committee/competent authority. The decision of the competent authority in this regard will be final and binding in all respects.
17. The Institute reserves the right to: (a) Conduct written and/or trade test for the post wherever the circumstances so warranted or may fix a criterion after taking into the qualification and experience of the applicants. (b) Not to fill all/some of the advertised positions. (c) Fill up consequential vacancies including additional post arising at the time of test/interview for available candidate by direct recruitment. The number of positions is thus open to change.
18. The Institute has a right to decide the mode of screening and testing the applicant for shortlisting and selection.
19. The Institute also reserves the right to fill the posts fully or partially depending on the availability of suitable candidates without assigning any reasons thereof.
20. Mere eligibility does not vest any right on any candidate for being called for written test /skill test/interview. The Institute may fix suitable shortlisting criteria in the event of receipt of large number of applications. The decision of the Institute in all matters related to recruitment against this advertisement shall be final. No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates in connection with the process of selection / interview. Canvassing in any manner would entail disqualification of the candidature.
21. The Institute reserves the right to relax experience in exceptional cases, or in the case of persons already holding analogous positions in a Central Funded Technical Institute/University/ Research Institution. Experience prescribed may be relaxed in the case of exceptionally meritorious candidates.
22. The Institute shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by candidates at the time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidate are fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedents/background and has suppressed the said information, then his/her service/engagement at the Institute shall be terminated.
23. Probation period for all regular positions is 01 (one) year.
24. Candidates should submit their self-attested copy of SC/ST/OBC/Disability Certificate/ Discharge Certificate issued by Competent Authority as per Govt. of India norms along with the application form, in support of their claim.
25. For availing the benefit of OBC category, the applicants should enclose with the applications form, OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate issued by the Competent Authority not earlier than six months prior to the last date for receipt of applications. The OBC Certificate should be on the proforma prescribed by the Government of India.
26. Degree as referred above should have been awarded by a recognized University / Institute.
27. Persons employed in Government/Semi Government Organizations/Autonomous Bodies should submit their application through proper channel with vigilance clearance. However, they may send an advance copy of the application. Those who are unable to process their application through proper channel may submit ‘No Objection Certificate (NOC)’ mentioning clearly regarding vigilance clearance from their present employer during the time of test/interview. However, they should submit an undertaking with their application that the NOC would be submitted at the time of test/interview. Direct application from such candidates will not be entertained.
28. Candidates should send self-attested copies of certificates and mark-sheets from matriculation onwards in support of their qualifications and experience along with the printout of online application form. Originals should not be sent along with the application but those must be produced at the time of test/ interview for verification. The application should be affixed with a photograph of the candidate enclosed with other relevant documents need to be self-attested. Applications incomplete in any respect, received without self-attested copies of certificates & photograph and received after the due date of submission shall be summarily rejected without intimation.
29. Certificate(s) in support of experience(s) should be in proper format i.e. it should be on the organization’s letter head bearing the date of issue, specific period of work (in DD/MM/YYYY format), nature of duties, name, designation and signature of the Competent Authority of the organization along with his/her seal.
30. Candidates applying for more than one post should apply in separate application forms. Separate application fees will also be required to be paid. (As applicable).
31. Any dispute with regard to the selection / recruitment process will be subject to Courts / Tribunals having jurisdiction over Berhampur, Odisha only.
32. In case of any mistake occurring inadvertently in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of offer of appointment, the Institute reserves the right to withdraw/cancel/modify any communication made to the candidates.
33. Eligibility of a candidate for the post applied shall be considered as on the last date of closing of online application, as per criteria specified in the advertisement.
Application fee payment:
a) Application fee Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) should be paid through online portal (SBI I-collect link available in the online application portal) for each position. Candidates who wish to apply for more than one post should pay the fee for each post separately. The fee(s) paid shall not be refunded or adjusted under any circumstances. b) After paying the application fee through online, the generated SBI I-Collect reference number must be entered in the online application portal and finally submit the form. Otherwise, the application will be treated as incomplete.
Checklist of documents (self-attested) to be submitted along with the application:
i. Printout of online application duly signed in each page.
ii. Self-Attested copies of all Certificates, Mark sheets from Matriculation onwards.
iii. Self-Attested copies of any other relevant certificates / testimonials.
iv. Self-Attested copies Community Certificates (SC/ST/OBC), certificates for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) & Ex-Servicemen etc. as per Govt. of India norms. In case of OBC category candidates, latest non-creamy layer certificate is essential.
v. Self-Attested copies of experience Certificates issued by the Competent Authorities, if any.
vi. Any difficulties relating to submission of online application may be sent to email@example.com
Address for sending the hard copy of the application and relevant documents is as follows:
Room No.: 205, Second Floor
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Berhampur
Transit campus (Govt. ITI Building) Engineering School Road, Berhampur Dist. - Ganjam, Odisha, PIN - 760010
A printout of the online application form, duly signed in each page along with self-attested copies of all educational qualification (Matriculation certificate and mark sheet onwards), experience certificate, testimonials and hard copy of e-receipt for State Bank i-collect payment (for those not exempted from payment of application fee) must reach the Institute on or before September 21, 2020 by 5:30 PM. The complete application should be sent through Speed Post/ Registered Post/ Courier etc. The Institute shall not be responsible for any postal/courier delay. Applications not received within the due date shall be rejected. No correspondence in this regard shall be made by the Institute.
See All B.Pharm Alerts M.Pharm Alerts M.Sc Alerts Government Jobs
See All Other Jobs in our Database